Sign in to follow this  
Brahma

Ritual of The Sun cast.

Hello I'd like to know when we can cast the next Ritual of The Sun on Indy next.

If you and/or your group can cast RoTS contact me, I'm willing to pay for this service.

hey man It was just cast on 10/2/13 I don't think its ready yet, but us OTG guys have done the last two casts at my deed on Black Dog Island. Normally try do it every 3 months.

Eddie

Might be worth a check to see if its available. We cast two Rite's of Spring back to back on Release in 2 weeks.

"OTG guys have done the last two casts"

This is why I want it done properly, as a community event.  The times "Raider Nation/OTG" has done it has been without warning, and have instead just informed everybody after it was done.

This time it should be done properly, with time and date.   Some of us change the influence in our area to match the cast (big deed).

I'm willing to pay a group that does it properly as a community service with advance warning.

It's amazing how many people complain about the mega casts. If you want to be in charge, put together your own team of priests.

"OTG guys have done the last two casts"

This is why I want it done properly, as a community event.  The times "Raider Nation/OTG" has done it has been without warning, and have instead just informed everybody after it was done.

This time it should be done properly, with time and date.   Some of us change the influence in our area to match the cast (big deed).

I'm willing to pay a group that does it properly as a community service with advance warning.

How about you pay OTG and we will cast it when we want to cast it?

Ill premium my Mag for that one. B)

It's amazing how many people complain about the mega casts. If you want to be in charge, put together your own team of priests.

It doesn't matter to me who's in charge.  Willing to pay for the service being done right (Community aware for full benefit) is an incentive not a complaint.  I'm not sure you got the point:  It has been "ninja-cast" the last few times, THAT is the point.

How about you pay OTG and we will cast it when we want to cast it?

Ill premium my Mag for that one. B)

Huh?

Posted Today, 10:37 AM

Edzwarr, on 09 Dec 2013 - 4:27 PM, said:snapback.png

It was just cast in early Oct by us OTG guys we will do it again when its time, I didn't think it was ready yet.

"we will do it again when it's time"

This is why I want it done properly, as a community event.  The times "Raider Nation" has done it has been without warning, and have instead just informed everybody after it was done.

Yea I love how it's all about what YOU want. RoTS has never been a community event, you only need 4 people.

"ninja-cast" the last few times, THAT is the point.

It's not ROS dood you can cast it every 2 to 3 months

Those who have off deed places that want to be repaired keep there area influenced Mag.

So if YOU have such a "big deed" it shouldn't need RoTS anyway cause its " on deed " unless you have a big Hobo area which maybe then you should leave the influence Mag all the time.

Or maybe you should make your own Mag priest alt and get 3 of your guildies that have Mag priests and cast it when YOU want. 

So that being said I'll get the guys together and cast it in the next couple days maybe this weekend if it's available, so there change your area over to Mag. And I won't even charge you.

If you are going to cast then at least place a thread up with a timer until cast.

• Like 1

Yea I love how it's all about what YOU want. RoTS has never been a community event, you only need 4 people.

While I can't recall it ever being treated as an "event", people used to at least give a heads up on the forum that there was a date+time planned to cast it.  That way folks can make sure their altars haven't decayed away, or they've bashed the ones keeping old junk alive, etc.  It's just a courtesy, is all.

I happen to have a deed, and like to make sure my Mag influence is spread over on-deed fences that may have taken damage from passing aggros, as well as an off-deed public dock area. Because of on-deed casters, it's not feasible to keep the Mag influence strong, so it's nice to know ahead of time. It's not just "hobos" who care. :P

• Like 1

So that being said I'll get the guys together and cast it in the next couple days maybe this weekend if it's available, so there change your area over to Mag. And I won't even charge you.

Although the "event" aspect is not the issue I'm pointing out, I appreciate the general warning that it's coming.  A little more specific like Shrimpiie suggested would be best, but I'm not that picky in this case since the toon does not have to be online like other major casts.

"Because of on-deed casters, it's not feasible to keep the Mag influence strong, so it's nice to know ahead of time. It's not just "hobos" who care."  This is what I was implying by big deed.

Otherwise, both Shrimpiie and Schiann pointed out my concerns more eloquently :)

If not available, basically a couple of days warning instead of being told it was cast is all we're saying, and would be appreciated.

Also, thank you for getting together and doing it in the first place.  Hopefully many of us won't miss it this time!

Edited by Brahma

Failing to understand why OTG members that are 25+ are acting like a bunch of children. So far all my experiences have shown me this. Why is it just so damn hard for people to talk things out? I am in favor of giving others a little warning not everyone can be on 24/7 to get a oh btw I'm going to cast RoS in about 10 mins, not saying that was the exact circumstances. Not that difficult to create a thread, title it RoS Cast and then copy paste a timer.

Edited by Cuddlekinz

im in for casting it, lets coordinate a date and we can do it so everyone benefits from it.

• Like 1

I will get together with folks and plan a time for this weekend or next, if it is available.  We will post at least a couple days ahead of time.

Edit:  If you think 2 days is not enough of a heads up, please post your suggested lead time, thanks.

Edited by Artheos

Failing to understand why OTG members that are 25+ are acting like a bunch of children. So far all my experiences have shown me this. Why is it just so damn hard for people to talk things out? I am in favor of giving others a little warning not everyone can be on 24/7 to get a oh btw I'm going to cast RoS in about 10 mins, not saying that was the exact circumstances. Not that difficult to create a thread, title it RoS Cast and then copy paste a timer.

Its all in the presentation. If you choose to act like a child, then you will be treated like a child in return. If you want to be treated like an adult then act like one. Its really quite simple. We have rational adult conversations with people all the time both here and in game.

Don't worry about this last cast it was done by someone

Dec 14, 2013 4:48:26 PM Bombi cast Ritual of the Sun.  Magranon mends protections in his lands.

10:48:32 You feel a sudden surge of energy

So much for making a post and alerting the community of the cast, Oh well all my stuff is under Mag influence, Thanks Bombi

Just like the people that cast ROS without making a thread, a bit inconsiderate.

Did you need to do something to get ready for it?  It doesn't give sleep.  It just repairs the fences.  Grats to all the folks with fences and such repaired.  Good job on casting a spell that doesn't get cast nearly often enough.

Not me in particular, but perhaps there is someone that would like to get the partial refresh from it, repairing fences is not the only thing it does.

-Sigh- The cynic in me suspects it was a poster on this thread with an alt that cast it...  Alright, I suppose we'll setup a separate thread for the next one.