Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Legendary titles

Well then... :D

Consider this a....."but that is because of different/extra features."  For Special Freedom Players who have put in far far more time skilling on a skill then anyone else.

Epic can have its "different/extra features" and so can Freedom.

Ok, I'll rephrase, as you're somehow calling a specific title a feature.

By feature, I mean something that would be printed on the back of the box.

Features such as: PvP, Deeds, Alliances etc. Another word would be gameplay mechanics.

Epic/freedom have different titles, because some relate to gameplay mechanics that the other cluster doesn't have and you therefore cannot earn said titles. Both clusters feature skilling with a skill cap of "100". There is no difference in the skills, merely the rate of skillgain. You're still legendary compared to everyone else on your cluster whether you reach the maximum skill on Epic or Freedom.

Again, you are seeing it only from a "time spent skilling" standpoint, not a "Skill level reached" standpoint. How about keep legendary title for "100" skill reached and add an extra title for having X amount of hours spent on a skill. That way, you can show off how many more hours you've spent skilling than everyone else?

Anyway, a real grinder would get "100" on both epic and freedom, with the same character. Only doing it on 1 cluster is for casuals.

Edited by Pescadera
  • Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2013 - OT

Protunia you get more arrogant as the days go by.

Seriously, stop being such a child.

"-1 They got stuff ,so we got stuff wah wah" -Protunia

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 1

How about keep Legendary for those folks who are truly Legendary on Freedom and make some other title for those who just want what they can't have.

How about stop trying to cheapen what was put in for players who are the top of their class on Freedom and find something  else for those who are jealous someone else gets something.....

Epic has plenty of special titles, features, items, abilities, etc Freedom does not have.

How about getting used to the fact Epic will not have every special title, feature, item, abilities, etc......

Freedom has??

Is it too much to ask to give those who are deserving of this Special Title the time to enjoy being what they are??

They have worked hard and more than anyone else in the game to gain and achieve this status unlike some here who have not yet seem to think they are deserving......How about finding some other title for those players who feel jaded someone else is better than them and got something they can't have.

Edited by Protunia

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2013 - OT

Wah, wah, wah :(

I think we got your opinion the first 50 times you posted it.

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, December 11, 2013 - OT

I think we got your opinion the first 50 times you posted it.

If you want the truth its the other way around.....all I see is a bunch of QQing from some folks over something someone else earned.

I guess they figure enough tears fall they might get their way.......

Edited by Protunia

haha, i like this. So how about 'legendary' for freedom 100 and 'epic' for - well - epic 100.

Edited by Herrfritz
  • Like 2

haha, i like this. So how about 'legendary' for freedom 100 and 'epic' for - well - epic 100.

Exactly....+1

How about finding some other title for those players who feel jaded someone else is better than them and got something they can't have.

Protunia - Better at Wurm than every epic player and every freedom player without a 100 skill.

Exactly....+1

Don't you understand that simply using a different name doesn't change the meaning behind it?

Whether they are both called legendary or they both have different names, it's the exact same title, awarded for the same goal, only viewable by those on that cluster and kingdom. Everyone will know that you have 100 in freedom skill or 100 in epic skill.

Don't you understand that simply using a different name doesn't change the meaning behind it?

Whether they are both called legendary or they both have different names, it's the exact same title, awarded for the same goal, only viewable by those on that cluster and kingdom. Everyone will know that you have 100 in freedom skill or 100 in epic skill.

The difference is Freedom players who EARN Legendary are far superior to Epic players who earn Epic. ;)

The difference is Freedom players who EARN Legendary are far superior to Epic players who earn Epic. ;)

And this right here is why we're always gonna have segregated server clusters thanks to the community, sometimes, people forget we play the same game...

• Like 4

And this right here is why we're always gonna have segregated server clusters thanks to the community, sometimes, people forget we play the same game...

Unlike the whole" freedumbers" comments some of you like to toss around.....

Don't start pointing fingers lol!!!

Those of us who have been here have seen it all from the other side of the isle......

Clicking buttons with no real life skill involved for an extended period of time doesn't make anyone superior. While it's true that achieving 100 in a skill is an achievement, it doesn't make you better at wurm than someone with "only" 90 in the same skill.

Judging by what I read in the other thread on the subject, the issue for a lot of freedomers seems to be that the titles will have to be unlocked initially.  Having the same titles on epic would pretty much give the advantage to people on epic for unlocking them all.  I suspect this may be part of the reason for not having it on epic. I'm sure they anticipated the displeasure of the epic folks before making the decision they did.

Personally I'm nowhere near getting there in any skill but I know people who are and would hate to see them lose the chance to be the one to unlock the titles simply because epic wants it and has the advantage.  Prior to realizing this one point, I was actually in the I-don't-give-a-flip camp.  

I can understand that people on epic would enjoy having the higher titles too though.  Maybe as some others have said, give epic a different set of titles so that it doesn't spoil anything for folks on freedom who are striving to be the one to unlock a title and know what the title is.

Personally I'm nowhere near getting there in any skill but I know people who are and would hate to see them lose the chance to be the one to unlock the titles simply because epic wants it and has the advantage.  Prior to realizing this one point, I was actually in the I-don't-give-a-flip camp.

And what about the players that have been grinding for years prior to epic even being available? Heck many of the titles were found before epic was even around. Isn't that pretty unfair for the epic players? And we have to do the grind under the threat of PvP and possibly getting nuked by the gods and have to deal with the fact that as we get into the 90s the curve starts having a very punishing effect on skill gain.

The "first to unlock" argument is slightly flawed too.

It'll be almost 2 years before epic catches up with freedom, regarding time to skill. (As epic has 2x skillgain, once it becomes half as old as freedom, it becomes equal in terms of total skillgain possible. Assuming epic is around 2 years old and freedom around 6 years. I'm not sure on these dates, just going by what I've heard in these threads. I.e. when epic is 4 years old, freedom will be 8 years old. Meaning players starting day 1 on each cluster should have the same length of time for overall skillgain)

So really, epic is playing catch-up with freedom at the moment, not the other way around.

*If the above figures are wrong, please let me know, those are just rough estimates I've taken from other posts*

Edited by Pescadera

Great idea!

If you have nothing constructive to say and you're just going to troll, stop posting.

Regarding the issue of being the first to unlock a new title, I think Pescadera summed it up pretty well. There is no real basis for saying the Epic cluster should not have something as superficial as new titles, while the Freedom cluster should. Any attempt to argue that current differences between clusters are sufficient to create more differences between the clusters is committing a logical fallacy. Especially with the subject of titles which have no real connection to any of the differences. Epic shouldn't get legendary titles because they're easier to attain? Then I guess we shouldn't get large carts or forges, because they're that much easier to make. What??

Edited by ianrose
  • Like 2

Leave it to Freedom to cry about something that doesn't affect them.

• Like 1

I don't see the problem, because titles don't cross clusters. A legend on epic can't go to freedom and brag with the title.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

"yea cause with x2 skills gain its sooo000oo000 easy too get 100 in a skill

the few people that do have 99+ is a skill still put alot of time into doing so, yea less time than on the other server cluster, but its still no small feat, why are they denied a fancy title?"

So half the feat isn't a small feat to you?  You've gotta be kidding me.  Freedom Cluster has been left empty handed left and right in previous updates compared to Epic, and you're going to ###### and moan about a title? 

How about this Epic peoples:  if you hit 100 in a skill, or if you already have, how about you just give yourself a title?  You could make a button and wear it on your shirt around the house.   I mean if it really doesn't matter that much because the servers are separated anyhow, then why not just give yourself some made up title.  Tell your neighbors what your title is, and have them call you by it.  Better yet, when Freedomers unlock the Legendary titles, how about you just call yourself by that title.  No need for specific lettering above your head right, as long as you know what title you think you deserve?

Edited by Slickshot

"yea cause with x2 skills gain its sooo000oo000 easy too get 100 in a skill

the few people that do have 99+ is a skill still put alot of time into doing so, yea less time than on the other server cluster, but its still no small feat, why are they denied a fancy title?"

So half the feat isn't a small feat to you?  You've gotta be kidding me.  Freedom Cluster has been left empty handed left and right in previous updates compared to Epic, and you're going to ###### and moan about a title? 

How about this Epic peoples:  if you hit 100 in a skill, or if you already have, how about you just give yourself a title?  You could make a button and wear it on your shirt around the house.   I mean if it really doesn't matter that much because the servers are separated anyhow, then why not just give yourself some made up title.  Tell your neighbors what your title is, and have them call you by it.  Better yet, when Freedomers unlock the Legendary titles, how about you just call yourself by that title.  No need for specific lettering above your head right, as long as you know what title you think you deserve?

Please continue to only play this game and not post in the forums, and half of these people arguing about "Legendary" titles probably don't even have a 90 skill title (and if they do its probably carpentry or digging)

I just find it absolutely hilarious that you're not giving people on Epic the ability to get these titles, you can't take them to the Freedom cluster. So whats the big deal about giving the titles to Epic? 

Oh and on a side note "So half the feat isn't a small feat to you?  You've gotta be kidding me.  Freedom Cluster has been left empty handed left and right in previous updates compared to Epic, and you're going to ###### and moan about a title?"

So you want pvp related things added to Freedom? The whole reason people play on Freedom is so they can live in peace and flood the market with rare forges and spatulas, but I'm sure Rolf would be more than happy to add in the updates in to Freedom that the Epic pvp cluster received to a non-pvp server because that makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

For all those who feel like Epic has things they don't, lets make a trade-

We get the fancy new title and in return we will give you terraforming events that will eat through your deeds and infrastructure? I may be more than slightly intoxicated right now but there are only two things I can think that Epic has and Freedom doesn't, one being terraforming events and the other being wizards which was said to be implemented at a later time soooooo that just leaves the land scarring.....

How bout it? fair trade? kthnx

• Like 12

All the posts about legendary titles not being on epic has made me go bankrupt of likes. Horrible decision devs, I see no merits in denying epic of these titles.

• Like 1

Some of us should receive a special title for 100 at complaining on forum skill

It would be way to common and wouldn't mean anything ;)

Sign in to follow this