Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Legendary titles

There's a separate thread to fight over whether it applies to Epic...

Seriously, this will impact so very very few people in anything like the near future that it's hardly worth a big song and dance.

Im playing on freedom but I found it funny that a feature that basically have almost zero difficulty to implement and no impact on how the playstyle of the server is, have to be restricted to just one cluster. If epic got the 100 skills titles it is not like they can brag to freedom, they can only brag upon themselves. And there is no super-awesome reward for reaching 100 instead just that title right? 

There is no need for both cluster players to belittle each others either.

• Like 4

Looks awesome, though dont you think its a bit unfair on the epic guys? Who cares if they can get to 100 quicker? They're a completely different cluster, and so... would just effect/be them... the whole thing doesnt make sense to me o.o

• Like 9

This'd be real nice if only myself and the other kings/chiefs could change their titles....if only i'd had a suggestion thread up for like 3+ months about that particular situation :rolleyes:

Also totally unfair on the epic players, let them have the same as the rest of us, god knows we ask for things that are given to them often enough.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 8

Why not Epic too?

Using this logic, we should get soldier at 70, mercenary at 90, and knight at 99.9999996. Wogic I mean.

And for the people on Freedom arguing that Epic can't have this...

As a player from both Epic and Freedom (as Klaa would say):

draft_lens19334037module158209413photo_1

Really, why can't Epic have this? This isn't something we should be fighting over. If the people of Epic are adamant about getting this too, than there is no reason they shouldn't want it. Maybe each cluster should be allowed to make decisions for what they get, and other clusters should shut their trap. This also goes for the add Pristine and Release to the old Freedom Cluster argument, as well as the Valrei events on Freedom argument.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

lol @ epic vs freedom mud slinging again.

It will never get old.

Epic has features freedom doesn't have. Freedom has features Epic doesn't have. This is just one of those features, get over it. lol.

• Like 1

Probably the most stupidest placed 'fun' update.

Something of equal, and probably easier implementation

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87480-make-kingdom-leader-titles-work-like-champion-titles/

Why not add some 50-70-90 titles (which are fun. :D) for the rest of the skills.

There is not enough people with true 100 for this to be worth a crap at all either, especially when all you see is HFC, Tracking, Digging, or Fishing, and even then.

I bet there is not even a 100 title for all of em.

Add content we can all see. Plz.

Edited by Zwei
  • Like 1

The 'logic' of not adding legendary titles to epic makes no sense. Clearly getting titles on epic is easier, which is why a title on freedom means more than a title on epic. The fact that it takes less time on epic doesn't mean we shouldn't get them at all, though...

Decisions like this further split the Freedom and Epic playerbases and cause unnecessary bickering. Let's not go down that road any further, please.

• Like 7

Obviously we Epic players have been judged undeserving of this "fun".

I'm not sure what it is we did - but guys - please - don't do it again :(

• Like 3

Brqqq got 100 fishing. It took him years to do this. He spent years grinding a crappy skill, only to get what? Fish? (I've heard that he fails still lol)

• Like 2

When it comes down to it, these should exist for 99 skill not 99.999996 and there are LOTS of skills in this game that have no title for 50 let alone 70 or 90.

• Like 3

I like legendary titles on Freedom, it's more about titles and crafts there anyway.  Truth is making the servers different with different features and mechanics is what appeals to different audiences,  Here on Epic you can become a sorcerer as a goal, and there on Freedom you can achieve being a legendary crafter.  It seems cool to me that there's a good difference between servers and not all the same, otherwise really there's no appeal to one or the other.  

I mean I don't care either way, it's a dumb title that only your own kingdom can see, but least on Freedom everyone can see it.  Either way, I just feel Freedom now and then needs something special for itself, as Epic has many exclusive features.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 12

I like legendary titles on Freedom, it's more about titles and crafts there anyway.  Truth is making the servers different with different features and mechanics is what appeals to different audiences,  Here on Epic you can become a sorcerer as a goal, and there on Freedom you can achieve being a legendary crafter.  It seems cool to me that there's a good difference between servers and not all the same, otherwise really there's no appeal to one or the other.  

I mean I don't care either way, it's a dumb title that only your own kingdom can see, but least on Freedom everyone can see it.  Either way, I just feel Freedom now and then needs something special for itself, as Epic has many exclusive features.  

Well stated and very true.

Personally, I feel they should be toned down to 99. Realistically, 99.9999% of people aren't going to get a 100.00 skill, let alone a handful of them.

• Like 7

Personally, I feel they should be toned down to 99. Realistically, 99.9999% of people aren't going to get a 100.00 skill, let alone a handful of them.

So make them less Legendary???  Not a chance....

People who put in the time to get the skill to 100 deserve to walk around with Legendary status without some wanna be legend just turned 99 skill raining in on the parade.

They don't get the legendary skill at 100, they get it at 99.999996 which is an odd number and 100's of hours away from 100.

Even on epic it takes thousands of hours to get to 99.999996 which makes it even more stupid that they don't get the same title, as they get titles for 50, 70 and 90. Why not remove those as well? or move them to 70, 90 and 100....

Here is the thing:

Why do we even have titles? They don't serve any practical purpose, except for armour smithing titles. Lots of players actually play Wurm to get that next title. So why put a title in the game that only insane people with no life will ever get?

For example, with high coc tools and sleep bonus, it would take me probably 20 hours to get to 50 in carpentry, then maybe 40-50 hours from 50 to 70, and maybe another 100 to get from 70 to 90. These are just estimates and it would take non-stop grinding. To get from 90 to 99 it would take me several times those hours, and from 99 to 99.999996 hundreds of hours of hardcore grinding. Are we trying to get more players to burn out and quit the game, instead of implementing attainable goals? This reminds me of the personal goals, where at least 70% of the goals require me to play on Epic for 5 years to even have a chance of fulfilling most of them.

i agree that it should be 99 for legendary. i mean just the act of getting a skill or two to 99 deserves at least a different type of title imo

• Like 1

Make it 99 in freedom

and 100 in epic.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Keep it like it is and give Epic their own name for 100 other than "Legend" because what they do is not even close.

You guys and trying to take something put in as a reward for those people/players who are far and beyond anyone else in the game and punk it down and cheapen it.

Just stop it and stop being jealous someone else gets something you will have to work harder for or might not be able to get.

If you want Legendary play on Freedom and work your tail off to 100 skill.

Other than that come up with some other named title if you want one so bad and beg Rolf to put it in.

But forget about lowering Legendary.....whats next I want a title at 95? 89??? do I hear 69??  49??

And for Epic folks....you already get plenty of things and titles people on Freedom do not get....DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Protunia

And for Epic folks....you already get plenty of things and titles people on Freedom do not get....DEAL WITH IT!

Resorting to that kind of "argument" is making you sound like a child Protunia.

Epic should have legendary titles too. DEAL WITH IT!

Resorting to that kind of "argument" is making you sound like a child Protunia.

Epic should have legendary titles too. DEAL WITH IT!

Then you are saying most people on Epic are childish because I have seen that said many many times over the years from the PvP crowd.

Like I said Epic has its own special things that Freedom will never get and this title was put in for players who have put in many many years for Freedom skilling.

If you want another special title on Epic choose something else.

Edited by Protunia

I'm never going to get "100" in a skill, even on epic. I just don't have the time or desire for it, so this update in no way affects me. I think the principle behind it is wrong though.

I just feel that there is no valid reason for not adding it to epic. Legendary is a comparison. On epic, at 100 skill you are just as skilled in a craft as you are with 100 skill on freedom. Sure, it might not take as long to achieve, but your character is just as strong/skilled.

True, epic has some extra titles etc Freedom, but that is because of different/extra features. 100 skill is achievable on both clusters and there are people playing both clusters who make that their goal.

Edited by Pescadera

I'm never going to get "100" in a skill, even on epic. I just don't have the time or desire for it, so this update in no way affects me. I think the principle behind it is wrong though.

I just feel that there is no valid reason for not adding it to epic. Legendary is a comparison. On epic, at 100 skill you are just as skilled in a craft as you are with 100 skill on freedom. Sure, it might not take as long to achieve, but your character is just as strong/skilled.

True, epic has some extra titles etc Freedom, but that is because of different/extra features. 100 skill is achievable on both clusters and there are people playing both clusters who make that their goal.

Well then... :D

Consider this a....."but that is because of different/extra features."  For Special Freedom Players who have put in far far more time skilling on a skill then anyone else.

Epic can have its "different/extra features" and so can Freedom.

Edited by Protunia

For epic you could put a little * next to the title that reads 'I play wurm lite and only half-earned this' ~~~ don't kill me :D

Yeah playin on a server with no risk of losing anything is truly hardcore, pls

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this