Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Village Bulletin Board

I am thinking that we now going to have that village invitation sign, why not go further with village bulletin board? This bulletin board is buildable inside a deed, can store X number of messages (maybe something like ten topics). Mayor of the deed can pin a single topic on top of the list, delete topics, or destroy the board, but beside that there is no other permission required (if you want the bulletin board to be villagers only, put inside house, etc...).

Player can write on bulletin board if they have a piece of papyrus paper and a reed pen full of ink. Upon creating or replying message, the papyrus paper will be consumed.

• Like 9

I love this idea. This would really add a lot of fun to the deeds and help manage your village better.

I also like the simple functionality of it and the fact that it gives another use to the papyrus and reed pen. Great idea.

• Like 1

Most people use the MotD and a pastebin link to save having to walk to an item and check it out

+1 Love the idea. The less i need to tab out of the game the better.

• Like 1

+1
Write intos to a papyrus and put into the bulletin board than the players when walking around open the board and thay can read one by one these papyrus, may copy tham too(?).

+1 I really really really want a noticeboard.

I think they should be generic noticeboards though, and permission to post things based on deed/house/whatever permissions (Ideally I would have the owner of the noticeboard manage it and decide which rules apply but that would kinda rely on a general overhaul of permissions which is long overdue).

Also, I am thinking that noticeboards should be only buildable on a deed.

Yes, I know that this is somewhat limiting and a player with a household may want one too. But one thing that comes to mind is that should those be introduced, we will see notice boards all over the place, in the middle of nowhere, at abandoned docks, in the middle of a road, in a clay pit, in shallow water, in every hole, nook and cranny, and about 700 of them in the 50 squares around the starting area.

Perhaps these should be only deed management tools, another little cozy reward for starting your village and spending silver.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Yeah, this was wanted for a long time. Village recruitment boards are coming for starter deeds very soon, so maybe this is going to happen soon as well.

Also, I am thinking that noticeboards should be only buildable on a deed.

Yes, I know that this is somewhat limiting and a player with a household may want one too. But one thing that comes to mind is that should those be introduced, we will see notice boards all over the place, in the middle of nowhere, at abandoned docks, in the middle of a road, in a clay pit, in shallow water, in every hole, nook and cranny, and about 700 of them in the 50 squares around the starting area.

Perhaps these should be only deed management tools, another little cozy reward for starting your village and spending silver.

Thoughts?

Thats an excellent idea, with a permission system to allow villagers, or allies, or diferent village roles to post notices.

Hmm... I think it would be used a lot more with maybe needing the papyrus & ink to craft, but to add letters ect every time would (at least for me) discourage the real possibilities with this.

Say I have villagers on times I don't get on, I'd be able to put up a sign for say "get 500 logs, I'll pay you 2s" or some other "mission" for them while I'm off. And give them daily/weekly things to do if they choose. I doubt if do that though if it required paper and ink each time, but that's just my two cents. Either way - sorely needed! +1

Maybe this functionality can now be added to village recruitment boards.