Sign in to follow this  
Stewen

Harbour Bollards

"A bollard is a short vertical post. Originally it meant a post used on a ship or a quay, principally for mooring. The word now also describes a variety of structures to control or direct road traffic, such as posts arranged in a line to obstruct the passage of motor vehicles.The American Heritage Dictionary describes this use of bollard as "chiefly British", although the term has crept into the jargon of some American universities where dense traffic necessitates the use of bollards for access control. In the lighting industry, the term is used to describe short, post-like light fixtures."

Wikipedia

20428275-close-up-view-of-harbour-bollar

Bollards would be a good way to hitch the ships to a fix point is the owner not have mooring anchor.
Also its a good decoration for a harbour village.

Posible features:

Materials: Stone (dyeable?), Iron, Marble.
Maybe iron crafter to unfinished and it will need a ribbon or iron bar to finish?

I hold a tile area? (like bsb)
Only prem can craft?
Not pickable after finish?

Pushable?

Posible to hitch a ship to a bollard with a rope.
More ship can hitch to one bollard.

What do you think?

You could i guess use them to park ships neatly along a harbour, theres defently potential

ships would look nice when in nice order.

now they look like pile of woodscraps floating on water by large places like freedom docks lol

could be one of the solutions +1

You may as well use the moor functionality, but instead of right clicking the ship u right click the bollard, and it automatically aligns the boat sideways to the bollard? (depending on whether u are facing "left" or "right" of the bollard slightly when you click it).

+1, though I don't see it as a big deal (parking has never been a problem for me :))

Add collision detection to boats, allow boats to be moored to Mooring posts only (new item "Anchor" for at sea) and then let them drift in the wind changes while tied to mooring posts.

I agree. Anything to make harbours look more like harbours. Even if only for looks and decoration :)

You may as well use the moor functionality, but instead of right clicking the ship u right click the bollard, and it automatically aligns the boat sideways to the bollard? (depending on whether u are facing "left" or "right" of the bollard slightly when you click it).

+1, though I don't see it as a big deal (parking has never been a problem for me :))

Its also a good idea :)

I agree. Anything to make harbours look more like harbours. Even if only for looks and decoration  :)

Yes i also realy miss this item from the game as decoraion too :)

• Like 1