Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Guards watering the Flowers

Now i have not messed with the new flower beds/pots but i have seen in an SnFF video about having to water them or they die/decay. What i am proposing here in that the watering of the flowers on the deed be handled by the guards when they are out making their rounds. (same 30 day rule as the house/wall decay) 

+1 if this is correct i whole heartly agree that like the lamps and such the guards should water them.. prehaps like the oil barrel for lamps?

• Like 2

I would be fine with a water barrel being used that might be a better solution than just the guards at least then you still have some work involved keeping the barrel full. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

I don't have Templar/guards/oil anywhere on my deed, and my laterns always come on and are fueled. >_> not sure why though lol.

+1 to the flowers

What are these flowers you speak of??? The only way I would give this a +1 is if Guards somehow took care of mushrooms on Affliction.... otherwise NO...

Sorry, have to give this a -1.  Flowerpots are an extra that give gardening skill when tending them.  Unlike lamps, you have absolutely no need for them, so tend them yourself.

Well the water barrel suggested by Crack solves that problem i am happy to lose any gardening skills that i would have gotten and just let the guards manage them. If you want the skills then just don't use the water barrel and do it manually. 

Edit: I guess i misread the above -1 but this solves any skill issues with the added water barrel addition.

I can see how it seems a waste of the developers time for the people that don't appreciate the decoration but for the ones that do like them this is a better system and will actually make the barrel feature more useful at the same time,

Edited by Kegan

Sorry, have to give this a -1.  Flowerpots are an extra that give gardening skill when tending them.  Unlike lamps, you have absolutely no need for them, so tend them yourself.

I'm also going to give the suggestion -1 because it's good for gardening skill, BUT: The planted flowerpots that aren't inside a house reverts back to unplanted pots way too fast ever since the upped decay was added.

I'm also going to give the suggestion -1 because it's good for gardening skill, BUT: The planted flowerpots that aren't inside a house reverts back to unplanted pots way too fast ever since the upped decay was added.

I had overlooked the skill but as Crack had suggested adding this with the barrel system would allow for either party to be happy. If you want skill then just don't build a water barrel or at least don't fill it up. If you don't care if you lose skills but want the flowers to last then keep the barrel full of water and forfeit any skills that you would have gotten. 

At low gardening skill it can take 5+ minutes to water one plant. It's silly.

If people really need gardening skill from watering then have a checkbox on the deed form that stops the guards from doing it.

I don't really care how it gets done but having a decoration that requires so much work and time is just silly to me. I would think the developers would want the deeds looking as good as they can be for any new players to see or for any videos being made.

Edited by Kegan

+1 either to this or drastically reducing the decay.  I love the flower pots but every time I get a wild hair and decide to put some out again because I'm in a decorating mood, I invariably pull them all back up again and toss them in a coffin because they're more hassle than they're worth.

I already spend way more time than I like  repairing stuff ever since the increased on-deed decay went in, even inside my houses, and it's so erratic that I have to check the whole deed daily because occasionally a few things take a huge leap in decay..

+1, please add also a 'guard sell things to token'-bin. no skill involved, no harm done.  ;)

oh, and maybe he can tend the fields also as i am allready at 90+ farming and find it tedious.

I don't know if guards are the solution but this is a problem that needs to be fixed.

It takes too much time to care for flower pots so I just stopped using them. I'm sure that wasn't the intention of the devs, to forget about a nice feature they worked so hard to make.

Flower beds don't need water so I do still use those.

I just see flower pots as a way to get some gardening skill on the side. Aside from using 50+ql pots >.>

I think the decay on deeds needs to be fixed -- as others have mentioned it has been increased. 

I am tending to lean towards a -1 on this -- because the increase in decay on the deeds imo is ridiculous.  This makes me think of the hub-bub over needing to purchase a spirit templar to keep your deed lamps on when that had been part of what your upkeep was paying for in the past --- an idea that was quite quickly reverted. 

Waiting awhile after that incident, then upping the decay and letting players suggest having to pay a templar above and beyond the upkeep to keep a deed in good condition is the same thing in my view.

Also I would add that I liked to use a meditation rug outside my front door on deed... never used to take damage and now it does.  I have given up on my front door flowerpots because I simply don't have the time to continually water them.... if I was off-deed I could perhaps accept this.. but on deed it irks me.

Edited by Idony

+1 with the setting/option to choose whether guards should water them or not

Otherwise -1 because we'd miss out on gardening skill

• Like 1

With all the rain and fog we get , the flower pots should not need much watering.