Sign in to follow this  
Thrrim

Camels

Camels, could be ridable when you have acquired 24 body control, go slower than horses and speed traits affect their travelling speed only slightly, but they are based around transporting heavier amounts of items, with little speed reduction. Could be slightly hard to find and only spawn in deserts, also another use for saddle bags. 

what else could be added / improved around this idea? let me know. +1 -1? if -1 why.

Edited by Thrrim

doesn't really fit in with Wurm at all, IMO. Just like I will -1 to elephants, rhino's etc.

Camels - Only spawn in Mol rehan influenced deserts

I like  :lol:

Edited by demondan

I think this is good idea and maybe add that you can put saddlebags on them but when they have the bags they can not be ridden. Either way i would like to see camels in the game regardless of anything else.

As far as them not fitting in we have a sand biome so i don't see any trouble with that. I am sure we have players here that are from country's where they are more prevalent than the US so why deprive them of the ride/animals of their choice? That said i think new animals are a low priority but i see no harm in it when the art guys have more time, 

Need two humped and one humped versions. -1 right now, because it would be a bit strange for people living in a forest to have camels.

However, some day I wish the Wurm world will be massive, so large that it will have a giant desert 7 times the size of independance. At that time, biome specific creatures like camels could be added.

I'd want camels to only spawn in deserts, and get a speed bonus on sand and a penalty on anything else.

+1. Camels are great.

doesn't really fit in with Wurm at all

Same thing goes for wagons and there they are.

+1 to camels.

Not a lot of area that would make sense for Camels to spawn is an issue I see.

Spawns unique to certain terrains! Maybe even entire servers!

Much harder to handle than horses too from what I hear.

Although, no firsthand knowledge there.

Edited by Klaa

Giving this some honest thought, I really don't see how well a Camel will fit into Wurm at all.

Also, some food for thought: Champion Camel?

Anyways, from me this idea unfortunately gets a -1

Heh......+1

I would <3 camel races!!

Edited by Protunia

Naw, camels need too much attention. When it is midnight at the oasis you must put them to bed.

=Ayes=

we have so many ridable animals in wurm, but the majority of the players are riding horses. so i doubt camels would be any different, especially when they are slower. but it would be nice to see something new in wurm

no idea in what universe you can compare camels with wagons...

As Arrowhun said in a rare moment of insight, if we get huge servers dedicated to different environments, it may be okay, for now it is not worth the 3 months of modeling time to bring in something that has no relevance at all in Wurm.

no idea in what universe you can compare camels with wagons...

As Arrowhun said in a rare moment of insight, if we get huge servers dedicated to different environments, it may be okay, for now it is not worth the 3 months of modeling time to bring in something that has no relevance at all in Wurm.

^. And they just don't fit... And I've never liked camels, like, ever.

+1

With Conditions

They Only spawn in a desert on 1 server only

There travel is faster +2kph then horses On Sand Only.... And slower -2kph on other terrain...

They need to eat less - But require more frequent grooming before disease...

They cannot Haul carts

However they have an attachment that allows for 1 Passenger....

Also no barding....

• Like 1

Same thing goes for wagons and there they are.

+1 to camels.

Wagons do actually fit, main reason being Royalty and higher class people in the medieval ages had covered wagons, just not that particular design (as that's the "New World" type of covered wagons) 

Camels wouldn't work so well though unless there is a new server that is intended for an Asian type look, where it's primarily sand and buildings can be built from sandstone and such to fit the theme. That would be an alright idea since all of our servers tend to follow the European theme (slowly changing to an early American theme added to that with the wagons and bridges of those types). I'd love to see tigers though, since a lot of the "lords" and rulers of Medieval times would buy them as rarity pets from foreign nations.

Nevertheless, any new type of animal would make things change up a bit (just think of camel breeders LOL) anything profitable is fine by me, +1.

+1

With Conditions

They Only spawn in a desert on 1 server only

There travel is faster +2kph then horses On Sand Only.... And slower -2kph on other terrain...

They need to eat less - But require more frequent grooming before disease...

They cannot Haul carts

However they have an attachment that allows for 1 Passenger....

Also no barding....

Yeah that's sort of the same idea I added to it, a server dedicated primarily to the "desert kingdoms" idea. But in reality they did haul chariots before so they still should be able to haul carts unless chariots were made and these be given a slight defensive/battle bonus while using with a chariot to fit lol. Camels were also often fitted with a cloth/leather barding, so limiting that would be unrealistic as well xP but either way I'd like to see something to fit a theme other than just European middle ages.

I would like to see saddle bags in game and ride with second horse with small cargo :)

I must say that while having camels would definitely be a cool thing, I am not sure how I feel about suddenly everyone having a camel in a deep forest, on the mountaintop, on a lush meadow, on a long steppe, or in a tundra. If we could contain camels to the deserts and nearby tiles (horses need to graze on grass, maybe camels need sand tiles to continue living), then the idea would be fantastic.

doesn't really fit in with Wurm at all, IMO. Just like I will -1 to elephants, rhino's etc.

Scorpions and crocodiles... oh yes, they fit, because... oh wait.. hmm