Sign in to follow this  
AryaStark

Winter is Coming - Secret Santa Event on Exodus Server

LATER EDIT: Signups moved to this thread.

Hello folks,

I'm Arya of the House Stark and I bring both some good and some bad news.

And if you allow me, I will start with the bad ones... WINTER IS COMING  upon our WURM world and signs sent to us by the old Gods say that it will be a long and harsh one... venturing behind our deed walls would be more and more dangerous and we'll found ourselves more and more often gathered around fire camps, saying stories and playing various games to pass the time and clear our mind of all the horrors that are roaming north of the wall .

And related with such a game is the good news I'm also bringing - Lord Quiglen, Winterfell's Exodus' Head of Ceremonies is organizing a Secret Santa Event as a celebration of the Christmas.

WTF is a Secret Santa Event?

You all know that there is the tradition to give gifts on the Christmas day; and if you ask me I really think is a great tradition. :D

Now the problem is that this works nice in family or in a small group of friends, but in a large community it can easily become difficult to buy / make gifts for dunno... 50 or 100 people. :)

And so Secret Santa Events were created to overcome this difficulty. Ever person is randomly selected to give gifts to only three or five other people (which means that they would also receive gifts from three or five other random people).

All presents are put behind the Christmas tree and the hunt for everyone to find their five presents starts. And trust me, done that before both IRL and in-games, but the excitement is even bigger this way - you are not only curious to find what you got, but also to find whom you got it from. :D

How to participate

Just reply to this post or send a forum PM to Quiglen and once all signups are completed he will send you a private message with whom you are about to gift. Send your PM by Dec. 15th so everyone has time to make a gift. Everyone that signs up will receive a gift from Quiglen whether or not they make gifts for anyone else. Don't be shy, sign up!

There will be a Christmas tree at New Esert City which is about 50 tiles east of the Esert token. Prepare your gifts, wrap them nicely with a wood scrap, place them under the Christmas tree by Dec. 23rd.

Then, we will gather on the 24th and 25th to receive our gifts from under the tree.

Yeah, Winter Is Coming , but this year is not a reason to be scared, but just to party with your fellow folks. Exodus style!

Edited by AryaStark

as secret lover of Daenerys Targaryen I can't attend this, can't betray the only true queen of Westeros

I was speaking with Quiglen and he mentioned this then he also mentioned the troll king and we talked about killing it. It's loose at the southwest part of the server. Who would be interested in this? The Troll king is one of the easier uniques but by no means it's that easy to kill. 2handed swords or mauls with self healer's demise work the best and of course you should have at least a minimum of 70fs.Quiglen talked about supplying some weapons while i could supply some chain armour

Edited by atazs

What happens if we sign up, make the gifts - but can't make it to log in on 24/25th?

@Whisp: although it would be nice to gather as many as possible on the event itself, I'm quite sure (like 99.99%) that you'll still find your gifts when you come back from your RL holidays. ;)

that would be nice. And it can be anything? ill do my best of course but i dont have very high skills.

Yes, absolutely. There are no requirements.

The idea is to gift and be gifted, get in the Christmas spirit. :)

Someone may put inside a 90ql tool, someone else may just put a flower. As long as both gifts are made from the whole heart, they are equally valuable. :)

It's an event for everyone - new or old, free or prrmium, Stark or Lanister. ;)

PS: I really hope our hed of entertaining will pair vets with new players though, so the vsluable gifts get to those who need and would appreciate them most. ;)

Edited by Zapacila

I was speaking with Quiglen and he mentioned this then he also mentioned the troll king and we talked about killing it. It's loose at the southwest part of the server. Who would be interested in this? The Troll king is one of the easier uniques but by no means it's that easy to kill. 2handed swords or mauls with self healer's demise work the best and of course you should have at least a minimum of 70fs.Quiglen talked about supplying some weapons while i could supply some chain armour

Leave it be, it is a rarity.

Nice Idea....glad to see some festive things being done by players for Chrissy.

Edited by Lolly1