Sign in to follow this  
jaydc11

On Deed Decy Rate

Seems awful high atm why are we paying for a deed if all containers and items are decaying at an alarming rate? I understand trying to clean up servers but I don't have all the skills ingame and really don't want to learn them all but ALL my things are taking an alarming amount of decay 30 ql silver rings in a house in a chest 4damage in a week? is this the correct amount of decay? I f it is I am considering dropping my 4 deeds and closing my 3 paid accounts. I had to repair every single item on deed in my houses and in the mines  bsb fsb barrels carts  chests coffins  and all the stuff in everythings excepts the bsb and fsb it this the way decay is going to stay? All deeds have over 30 days on them. And being inside of a building doesn't seem to help at all. Even my 60 ql knar parked on deed is taking damage. on a regular basis.

Edited by jaydc11

Deeds with 30 days or more upkeep prevent decay of walls, fences, banners, flags and lamps.  

To slow the decay of containers, items and everything else, it's best to put them inside a building.  Also, imp your items to the highest possible quality.

Here are examples of how decay works:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Decay

Deeds with 30 days or more upkeep prevent decay of walls, fences, banners, flags and lamps.  

To slow the decay of containers, items and everything else, it's best to put them inside a building.  Also, imp your items to the highest possible quality.

Here are examples of how decay works:  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Decay

That's not true banners are taking damage now for sure not sure when it was changed but it was.

This was one of the top things listed in the "My Wurm Christmas Wish List" people wanting decay removed on deeds with +30 days paid upkeep. 

That's not true banners are taking damage now for sure not sure when it was changed but it was.

This was one of the top things listed in the "My Wurm Christmas Wish List" people wanting decay removed on deeds with +30 days paid upkeep. 

I'm noticing on the Settlement wiki page it says this:  

• Maintenance of signs, lamps, banners and flags by spirit guards

I'm wondering if you need to hire a spirit templar for those items?  

In your experience, does the settelement you noticed decay of banners have a templar?

I'm noticing on the Settlement wiki page it says this:  

• Maintenance of signs, lamps, banners and flags by spirit guards

I'm wondering if you need to hire a spirit templar for those items?  

In your experience, does the settelement you noticed decay of banners have a templar?

It has a templar but he is turned off to animals but that should not have any effect.  I know they took damage because there was a few gone and some had like 80 damage on them.

I know that my lamps and signs on all deeds never have any decay on them and never had any Spirit Templars hired. Flags may be a different matter though. Anyway to the OP, yes the sad fact and bane of Wurm life is the decay of those Other items, both on and off deed being similar, if not exactly the same.

If this would make you close all accounts and get rid of all deeds, then either you will have to tolerate this rate of decay which has been this way for many years, or move on to other realms of existence where conditions are more to your liking. You seem to have misunderstood the benefits that deeds provide, as well as the advantages that premium provides, that make them both worthwhile advantages to pay for within the game.

=Ayes=

30ql rings 4damage in a week? that means they will decay if you leave them untouched after half a year. Thats not unreasonable.

Deeds will never protect against decay on regular items. Wurm servers would have collapsed years ago if that happened.

my dirt-filled bsbs are getting crushed, i'm having to repair them every day.  seems a bit off to me.

iDon't have banners but flags needs to be planters to have no decay

My stuff in house , bsbs , barrels decaying on deed, I also had a mag alter been there for over a year that magically disappeared the other day on deed. Why is everything on deed decaying I have 2+months paid for? This never used to happen. I believed we were paying for upkeep & deeds to prevent this.

We were always paying for house walls and fences ondeed not to decay, and as long as you have 30 days+ upkeep, that stuff still doesnt decay.

Items inside houses will take less damage, items inside containers are supposed to take less damage.

Both methods of ddecay reduction are not "stackable" as far as I know.

The big diference Ive noticed, is that the subject has become a topic of conversation in the forums, I havent really noticed any drastical changes in-game with on-deed objects.  (Im the only person that repairs stuff on my deed)

All started when there were a bug that treated all items to be inside.

BSBs and FSBs should not decay on deed IMO. And as some has said, the decay on these containers can be very fast sometimes. Haven't understood what makes them take loads of damage sometimes but and pretty much none at other times.  But, having them high QL helps for sure. 

i think they really Need to look into the code properly and check why the decay checks are so inregular, because thats whats causing most Problems...not knowing how much something decays and "sudden" decay jumps

• Like 3

i think they really Need to look into the code properly and check why the decay checks are so inregular, because thats whats causing most Problems...not knowing how much something decays and "sudden" decay jumps

^^This.

And if there is some obscure reason behind the scenes (that we just can't fathom) for why they won't change it, then at the very least please put a cap on how much something can decay in one jump.  

Having to make the rounds and check everything daily just in case you get hit with a big random jump is really tedious and feels so unnecessary.  And having something disappear because you got unlucky, when you thought you were being diligent and checking every little thing daily but maybe missed one, is no fun at all. The fountain in my garden was at 26% damage yesterday even though I check it regularly during my daily "chores."

• Like 2

my dirt-filled bsbs are getting crushed, i'm having to repair them every day.  seems a bit off to me.

This is my biggest issue too, I have bsb's all over my deed that are going from fully repaired to gray and nearly gone in a day or two. I know there were recent changes to the outdoors decay system but this is a little bit much when on a deed. What's worse though is there's no consistency, one deed I own has a bsb which has been sitting outdoors since pre-change and there's still no damage to it but the other deed is taking damage as described above. 

I don't mind the changes but they need to work consistently and have clear definitions. 

no decay for all items on deed is a no no, that would escalate quickly.. not to mention lagfest from people who like to hoard... I'm used to hoard 50+ corpses and it cause lag for the deed.. :) bandwidth, server space aint cheap nor infinite and the more you have the more expensive the upgrade.. also we got MAGIC CHESTS to make things not decay, buy and use them.

Would agree that the main issue is the jumping decays... troubling..

Maybe impstuffto QLty 70+??

Low Qlty stuff goes away faster as it should.

Edited by Protunia

Magic chests decay and are very expensive. 

I'm for less decay on deed. 

Magic chests decay and are very expensive. 

I'm for less decay on deed. 

they decay super slow.