Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 49

ooh goodie I just get fine carp to 40 ;) 

that wagon looks snazzy, have tried putting brown bear or hellhorse to em? :D

I wonder am i the only one who just skips reading those long posts?

:D

Anyways

1) Make it possible to dye cloth part (issues mentioned before with all waagons being totally same on freedom) * Fix, a) You can craft Kingdom Wagon cloth cover, same as kingdom tabards, and option b:) regular one which can be dyed.

Problem solved, many ppl happy haha

2) Can we please get more info about weight limit / volume of items they can hold? We need actual Cargo carts / Wagon. That would be a bless

Edited by DonAngelo

Yay !!!   Wagons !!!

Edited by vill

Wagons look awesome.

Red Baron you are the best o7 Sharing really some great updates since you there. Nice work from all developers of the Wurm team

I don't know about you guys but every time I see a twitter update about.... these updates.... I get really beside myself with giddy clicking to see the contents as soon as my browser can render.

When I saw the click image of the 4 Bison pulling a red something-or-other, I thought immediately, "Oh, come on, don't tease us with fantasy!"  then I opened the post and was overjoyed to see the wagon was not a Photoshop fake!  Wow!  Wagons!   Woohoo!!!!!!

Great job team!

My only suggestion would be to allow the cover to be dyed OR to eventually allow villages to have their own banners, tabards and (inherited from them) wagon covers - so they all match and are customized for each village.  That would be so cool!

Cheers!

• Like 3

To be honest i thought of recomended a wagon design.

Im pretty sure for 40fine cap we can make the wagon look a little nicer and not like the cart,

dont you think?

• Like 1

BATTLE WAGONS! CHARGGGGE

I'm imagining ambushes where it looks like one person is just driving their spuds to market and then bandits attack and 10 guards pile out from under the canvas lol :P

Loving everything mentioned in the update, but agree with everyone else regarding colours etc.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Wild West of Wurm Online. 

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Meanwhile on the test server...

So the wagons are available on the test servers, or am I misunderstanding this?

You see a wagon under construction. Ql: 1.0, Dam: 0.0. The wagon needs 2 yoke, and 10 plank, and 10 small iron nails, and 1 small wheel axle, and 4 shaft, and 2 sheet, and 20 plank, and 15 plank to be finished.

Edit; view from the inside:

jqQzTGd.jpg

Edited by Serpentarius
  • Like 1

I agree with the guy that asked about the new ship Models... Its been months since those were shown, they looked awesome, when do we get those. Love the Cloth modifier on the cart. Hate the cart itself though.

I mean same load as the previous ones? At least give us a cart with HALF the volume capability of a Cog. This is a big reason why inland areas are not so popular and coastal areas are teeming with deeds and ruins, not to mention why people keep defacing the landscape with canals. because a ship can haul 100 Rafts, and a large cart hauls 7. Now that you added this one (which is awesome) why not make something better?

Give it a Volume capacity of around 25k (~30 rafts), then why not cook up a algorithm similar of what already is in place for horses and players and have its speed dependent on the weight of the inventory of the cart.

That Way you can still make it the fastest cart available (when light loaded or empty) but allow for players to haul more goods on land (maybe even make it change forms like the BSB) and switch to a model with the canvas replaced by crates and barrels when the speed drops below a normal large cart due to load.

My only suggestion would be to allow the cover to be dyed OR to eventually allow villages to have their own banners, tabards and (inherited from them) wagon covers - so they all match and are customized for each village.  That would be so cool!

Cheers!

This. For freedom players (aka about 2/3 of your paying costumers) it means everyone has the same colors.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

I agree with the guy that asked about the new ship Models... Its been months since those were shown, they looked awesome, when do we get those.

Redbaron posted a reply about it:

Yeah I have been asking around about this and apparently there were some big technical aspects which would make it very time consuming to implement.

So it has not been prioritized or possible as we need to have several people working on it from different departments simultaneously.

I will announce it once more when we have the possibility to do this!

Edited by Lycanthropic

Redbaron posted a reply about it, check the first page at the bottom.

Yeah i noticed that after re-reading the thread, thanks for pointing it out.

But still i'm not editing the post, want to show support for those ship models xp.

Edited by KanePT

I agree with the guy that asked about the new ship Models... Its been months since those were shown, they looked awesome, when do we get those. Love the Cloth modifier on the cart. Hate the cart itself though.

I mean same load as the previous ones? At least give us a cart with HALF the volume capability of a Cog. This is a big reason why inland areas are not so popular and coastal areas are teeming with deeds and ruins, not to mention why people keep defacing the landscape with canals. because a ship can haul 100 Rafts, and a large cart hauls 7. Now that you added this one (which is awesome) why not make something better?

Give it a Volume capacity of around 25k (~30 rafts), then why not cook up a algorithm similar of what already is in place for horses and players and have its speed dependent on the weight of the inventory of the cart.

That Way you can still make it the fastest cart available (when light loaded or empty) but allow for players to haul more goods on land (maybe even make it change forms like the BSB) and switch to a model with the canvas replaced by crates and barrels when the speed drops below a normal large cart due to load.

This. For freedom players (aka about 2/3 of your paying costumers) it means everyone has the same colors.

Amen

If I understand correctly, animals hitched eat (and exist) on the tile the cart is on.  What will happen when you hitch 4 bison to the new cart?  Will they be on their own tiles, or will all 4 share the same tile?

Very serious concern there, please make sure that the animals don't get diseased immediately, just because they are hitched to the same waggon.

• Like 4

That was unexpected, nice work on wagons.

I'm honored my silly image was chosen and yes I'd love to see a whole series of them. Drawn, screenshots, anything you come up with. I think it would be fun.

The new ships weren't forgotten about. The holdup is that I want avatars to sit down on them so it's possible to have realistic sail positioning, without having to work around characters standing on ships and having to position sails in an awkward way so it's possible to see something.

Developing something new like this takes time and didn't have as high a priority as some other changes that were completed or are being worked on currently.

• Like 13

I dunno, I like the somewhat atypical design in the OP.

As for the coloration I would like to have two options:

Kindom colours with Kindom banner.

or custom colour.

In fact I'd like to see that with almost all cloth items.

Didn't I just mention we need a better way to transport goods on land O.o. and bison!!!! <3 best update ever.

We should be able to sleep in these wagons. I want to live the Gypsy lifestyle!

• Like 2