Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 49

LssnW49L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

You see me rolling, but you are not hating. But in Wurm it is not easy to be caught doing anything else then riding dirty..

Okay I am sorry for getting "of track", it is time to Share some News!

Wagon

So this weeks surprise is this fancy wagon, which is already quite far in development and testing.

It will have some real advantages in the game so after the images there is some further information.

Wagon1.jpg

Wagon2.jpg

Any animals that were previously "hitch able" is being tested for compatibility and willingness to cooperate.

• You can hitch up to 4 bison, horses, cows or bulls at the same time but no less then 2, or it will be to heavy.
  • The color of the cloth is determined by the kingdom you are from.
  • The skill level needed to create these wagons is set to 40 fine carpentry.
  • With 4 creatures hitched it is the fastest of all the carts currently in the game.
  • Has the highest maximum load capacity of the current carts

Server Selection

The maps which has been in development for some time now are getting further functionality.

We are currently making a "Master" map with all of the server islands available.

The reason for this is that when selecting server from the tutorial zone, you can select where by clicking the corresponding map.

We also want to add some further information to make that choice easier.

Reminders

We have gotten new music in the game and the soundtrack is now a bit more frequent.

Mr Tom E Morrison once more graces the game with more mood setting music for our soundtrack.

To read more about it just click this LINK.

The crates are being updated. Click the image to go to the forum post about them

Crate.jpg

Questions and Answers

SomeDevs2.jpg

Here you can see some of us at the Motala office.

We are holding a December Q&A session where you get to post questions to us and chat.

For this to go smoothly we ask that you click the image above to get to a forum post, where everything is explained in further detail.

RedBarons "Pick of the Week" from Creative Commons

goodbad.jpg

So this week I want to feature creative player NESGamepro, who also encourages you to make your own version and post in his thread!

Click the image to go to his thread and join the fun!

So that is all for now as I am on my way to a Christmas dinner with the Wurm Team.

Thanks to the fact that you,

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 45

It keeps getting better and better, cant wait for all this stuff to reach us ingame :)

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME. I NEED TO BUY EVEN MORE RARE HORSESHOES AND SADDLES!!!!!! I WAS ALMOST FINISHED WITH MY 2 SETS!!!

.. thank you so much :D

• Like 4

Those Wagons, are amazing, I can't wait until we get them!

And that is exactly as I imagined the developers, as group of people sitting around a table :P

Cool, new wagons.

What about new ship models that we were shown a year ago?  Still on wurm facebook page.

• Like 3

Those Wagons, are amazing, I can't wait until we get them!

And that is exactly as I imagined the developers, as group of people sitting around a table :P

So you like to imagine us? That is flattering, thanks haha! ;)

• Like 5

Ok ok its time to do some sort of oregon trail in game roleplaying.

Cool, new wagons.

What about new ship models that we were shown a year ago?  Still on wurm facebook page.

Yeah I have been asking around about this and apparently there were some big technical aspects which would make it very time consuming to implement.

So it has not been prioritized or possible as we need to have several people working on it from different departments simultaneously.

I will announce it once more when we have the possibility to do this!

how much bc will be needed for the wagon, for the absolutely fantastic wagon i mean. ;-)

Tell me we won't have to wait over a year to be able to sit on the Wagon?

great progresss ... just in time :D  some work with boat storages and new boat images will be wellcome too :D

Awesome!

The player model would look nicer if it was sitting.

Its to give us some nostalgia to back in the day when we rode on horses like a boss.

The only downside to the wagons for me, every single wagon on Freedom are going to be the exact same :(

• Like 7

Q&A picture looks real nice :)

wagons + fast load will make my terraformer life a lot easier ^.^

I hope you feed the bison grass instead of number 49 in the future :P

I think haradur needs an avatar, lol 

Good update nice to see some good ideas being brought into the game after all these years. I am not sure what has changed but you guys are really doing good with putting in what we are looking for and i want to say a big..Thank You !!

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

The different wood texture showing on wagons would be a bonus round . I am looking forward to this addition more than the average bear. 

Now if you guys can figure out a way to get animals across water in a crate or something so we don't see crazy bridges all over the place then you will have made my gaming year a great one..heh

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

The only downside to the wagons for me, every single wagon on Freedom are going to be the exact same :(

I'm just hoping Freedom isn't the kingdom stuck with that canopy color. I beg of the developers to just make the canopy white and allow us to dye it.

Aside from that, I like.

• Like 7

I'm just hoping Freedom isn't the kingdom stuck with that canopy color. I beg of the developers to just make the canopy white and allow us to dye it.

Aside from that, I like.

i am guessing that is MR ours will be green i guess that said i am with you white would be best even if we can not color them yet.

Edited by Kegan

If I understand correctly, animals hitched eat (and exist) on the tile the cart is on.  What will happen when you hitch 4 bison to the new cart?  Will they be on their own tiles, or will all 4 share the same tile?

• Like 2

Thank you for the wagons. Been wanting this for a long time. I threw the idea in a while back with a image on the forums and a link to my youtube page showing what it would possibly look like in wurm. Great job guys.

I was wanting to know more about your progress on Wall types? Since the multi story project went threw and head strong the ability to make tall buildings was awesome but it lacks way to much cause every building is almost the same. It is almost impossible to make something great to show the world what wurm has to offer or what cant be done with time spent and imagination with only 5 wall types wood and stone. Totaling 10 walls but actually only 5 cause the stone and wood have the exact same type.

Some wall types I was thinking was Walls with built in porch railing and built in gates. Some double windows and huge window walls. Maybe even window and door on same wall models. these few just to name would give other construction builds that can be done when one builds increasing the creativity of wurm players.

The crafting ui is awesome as well tested it on the test server a bit and I see you guys are finally breaking ground on attracting new players to this great game , That is soon as you get it in the game. I would like to see some additions on that ui in the future one being ability to right click or double click and add items from inventory to the ui bench. Would also love to see Improving added to it as well. maybe you would or could only improve 1 item at a time but would have tool belt implemented into the ui so one could load up example: wet stone, Water, hammer, pelt, and glowing ore so when you cued up example 7 cues the system would go threw your belt till it found what was called for and use it. Some thing to think about.

Another thing and if you guys get time if you could work on this it would bring your dye system to life. Can you guys separate the textures. This would cause more hard drive space but I think it is something we all would live with. What I mean and this is mainly for other people reading this.

If you take the stone wall texture and pull the wood trim to it's own texture file. This would allow when one right clicks on the stone wall and paint it only the stone would change color and the wood trim would remain untouched. Unless you also add the ability so one could also click the trim and paint it as well. This shouldn't be to hard, is to have 2 textures for each wall example stone wall inside and stone wall outside. This would allow the painting of the inside wall to be able to be painted a different color than the outside walls. So basically you would have 3 textures for each wall instead of 1. Inside stone wall, outside stone wall, and stone wall trim and this would repeat for every wall type.

This could be done for wagons ships any thing you really wanted to be able to multi color. Wagons, carts, etc.... would have there textures separated large cart for example: clay jar hay bundle and crate would have there own texture so when the cart it self is painted these items retain there own color. another example Food storage bin the legs and trim could be set to a different texture to allow the player to paint 2 parts to match there other stuff in there house as well as the padded chair being able to paint the padding a different color from the wood portion of the chair.

All in all great work so far with the wagons bridges and crafting ui all this will bring in new players increasing the funds.

So the wagons are available on the test servers, or am I misunderstanding this?

Also, while the cloth color might correspond to kingdom, will we still be able to dye the cart itself? Even though just a white dyeable top would be nice.

Will the max slope for these still be 40? Hopefully :D

They do look great, though!

Edited by Addeny