Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

Make A Statue Of My House.

Use your house writ on the Mimic block and it morphs into scaled down replica of that house. I want these to be craftable so we can collect houses.

Its construction should require magic, I prefer Vynora. How difficult should be to make these? I'm leaning toward very difficult. It just feels more like something a skilled house builder would seek out.

I'm intentionally not putting lots of details here.

• Like 1

Use your house writ on the Mimic block and it morphs into scaled down replica of that house. I want these to be craftable so we can collect houses.

Its construction should require magic, I prefer Vynora. How difficult should be to make these? I'm leaning toward very difficult. It just feels more like something a skilled house builder would seek out.

I'm intentionally not putting lots of details here.

As a player with a Vynora priest I'd prefer any new spell to NOT be a vynora spell, rather a Fo spell as they're lacking in spells from what I hear.

• Like 1

Can we please not argue about what priest should cast. Guess I can't avoid people slamming Vynora. But please try to at least make your post be mostly about a critique on the idea.

Of minor importance, I'm entitled to say what priest I'd want the spell to work with. I have 6+ years of experience, hundreds of hours of game time, thousands of posts...yea and I say Vynora. Don't get me wrong, my opinion isn't more important than others, I'm just pointing out that its based on a lot of Wurm experience.

why making it a priest thing at all? i think priests have already  lots of priest-only-abilities. i would suggest making it 70 stonecutting. and oh i love this idea in general!

edit: priests cannot build houses, so why should they be able to make a miniature of it?

Edited by hoof2000

Can we please not argue about what priest should cast. Guess I can't avoid people slamming Vynora. But please try to at least make your post be mostly about a critique on the idea.

Of minor importance, I'm entitled to say what priest I'd want the spell to work with. I have 6+ years of experience, hundreds of hours of game time, thousands of posts...yea and I say Vynora. Don't get me wrong, my opinion isn't more important than others, I'm just pointing out that its based on a lot of Wurm experience.

Right first off, I didn't "slam" anyone or anything, My comment WAS about the idea.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion NOT just you, I too have hundreds of hours in-game time, 155+ days if you wish to be pedantic about things, thousands of posts means nothing.

Vynora has a bunch of spells already that are useful and Fo is lacking in useful meaningful spells. So please buddy, don't try to start an argument because someone other than you has an opinion.

Edited by Shadz
  • Like 2

Mag, its a satatue made of stone and magic?

deff mag spell if i ever seen one.   :P

Also if these are going to be imped to higher ql then how would the magic bit work in?

preists cant imp im sure your aware of that ;)  so would your idea be somthing along the lines of bless on gold / silver alters?

eg: preiest makes morphing stone / mimmic block  - makes replica of house then hands it to a non preiest to be imped?

I like the idea, though I have absolutely no concept of how difficult it would be to implement.

And to throw my opinion in with the rest, I say let's make it use karma! All the fun suggestions always get suggested for priests...

Starting to view some of these threads as flame-bait lol...

+1

why making it a priest thing at all? i think priests have already  lots of priest-only-abilities. i would suggest making it 70 stonecutting. and oh i love this idea in general!

edit: priests cannot build houses, so why should they be able to make a miniature of it?

The idea is fantastic, and if it forced players to really get into stone-cutting for their personalized statuettes of their houses, the more the merrier! It seems cool already. :P! Just select a writ, and right click a 150+ KG of rock shards > create > Minature House > (60% at 70, just so it's not all THAT free for the hell the developers must go through!)

I like the idea, so in basic... +1

But these will all look different right? So every person will have a unique model, which would be impossibly expensive to achieve on the graphics jar packs.

I envisioned an object just changing or morphing before your eyes. Magic provides a good explanation for how that could happen.

You got a good point we could definitely let skilled crafters make them slowly by hand. A significant bonus here is almost anyone can at least try to make it.

How about this?

1. Use a house writ on a Model plan. This formats the model so its finished product will look like the writ-associated house. It also tallies up the materials needed to finish it.

2. Materials reflect what type of house it is. For stone you need rock, marble, slate, ect. For wood you'd need logs.

3. Adding rock type takes a chisel and stone cutting skill. Adding wood takes a carving knife and fine carpentry (maybe toy making).

Vynora has a bunch of spells already that are useful and Fo is lacking in useful meaningful spells. So please buddy, don't try to start an argument because someone other than you has an opinion.

I'm not trying to start an argument. Just asking folks to do more then, "Vynora is OP". I didn't say your not entitled to your opinion, please don't put words in my mouth. I shared my experience to help you understand I'm not some ignorant noob. Post count does mean I visit the forums often and am actively involved in the forum. FYI, [03:38:05] You have played 664 days, 21 hours and 48 minutes. Again, none of the stats I've posted means my wishes are more important than others. Please, if you wish to take part in this try to adding something useful to the thread.

I like the idea, so in basic... +1

But these will all look different right? So every person will have a unique model, which would be impossibly expensive to achieve on the graphics jar packs.

I'd want them to be different. You have a good point. I'm not sure it would need to be model in the way you think. A house is a collection of walls, floors, roofs objects that use textures from the client. It might be possible for the model to contain all the instructions to make the house. Yea, instead of single model its a bunch of components. Further, the model uses a writ to configure how these components are arranged. Now models just become a envelope of data to instruct the client how to draw itself.

Or as wood carving, or clay sculpting, not magic though, bleh too much magic these days.