Sign in to follow this  
Necromateur

A Bucket Should Be Used For Construction

What does the title mean? Exactly what it says. How annoying is it to have to put all the items in your inventory when making a wall, fence, or other?

What should be done is allow it to where all items necessary for completing (and even just to start) a fence, wall, etc. can be placed inside either the tile's 'foundation' or place a multiple-item bucket on top of it. 

So what am I trying to say?

Well, once you have collected all the materials for the thing you're trying to build, all you must do from that point is hit 'continue building' and all materials needed will be taken from the 'foundation' or the 'bucket'. 

Perhaps you could even make it where you must 'start' the construction first and then place the items inside the 'unfinished [insert name here]'. 

I think this makes more sense, would make the game slightly less annoying whilst preserving the realism of the game. 

To be honest, this isn't exactly worth the attempt, there would be collosion issues out the behind with this one.

Find yourself a high QL toolbelt, put your tools on it, and then it's a easy click.

If you can find the time for the extra hassle, make a cart, and put all your materials in there, and then pull them out as push comes to shove. As far as I know, this idea would only work with walls and such, like houses and tall stone walls etc, which can easily be sufficed by a small cart holding the materials, and it's mobile too!

To be honest, this isn't exactly worth the attempt, there would be collosion issues out the behind with this one.

Find yourself a high QL toolbelt, put your tools on it, and then it's a easy click.

If you can find the time for the extra hassle, make a cart, and put all your materials in there, and then pull them out as push comes to shove. As far as I know, this idea would only work with walls and such, like houses and tall stone walls etc, which can easily be sufficed by a small cart holding the materials, and it's mobile too!

True, but you still have to put the items from the cart into your inventory. This way, all you do is 'continue building' and as long as the items needed are in the 'foundation' or 'bucket', it would let you continue to build. 

i almost thought this would be a suggestion to actually find a use for the bucket, like needing it to construct (water/mortar/whatever). I would have totally +1'd that.

But I like where this thread is pointing to nevertheless. =D

I could see something like a skid or pallet which sits on the tile and you have to equip to link it. Not sure of the coding involved though.

You can already use buckets for holding items to continue building forges ect.

Think they only hold 2 bricks though, but it lets you que from them fine.

True, but you still have to put the items from the cart into your inventory. This way, all you do is 'continue building' and as long as the items needed are in the 'foundation' or 'bucket', it would let you continue to build. 

As a slightly more seasoned player, I literally find it almost unnoticeable at this point when I can carry 9 stone bricks, and then when my friend can come along and carry 22...

Its just a thing the newbies have to deal with until they become skilled enough and strong enough to carry their goods alone with the use of any of this... :(

Surely you still have to move the items from the cart to your inventory, then into the bucket, then start construction...

Doesn't this add an extra step instead of removing one?

Just move along riding/dragging a cart with all the stuff you need and build up the walls 1 by 1. No need for the extra step.

+1 for a construction chest placed in an unfinished structure in which parts are consumed from the chest first so long as they are present within.

How about pallets of bricks and stone? whether resting or hoisted up?