Sign in to follow this  
Freelancer

Fruits And Other Little Tweaks.

Hanging around Celebration i notcied that fruit trees are mostly usless or purely decorative use.  Only one that have real use is grape. 

So forth idea is as follows

Lemonade -  fruit juice + water (yes yes water).

Wine - grape juice + maple syrup  ---> Strenght bonus

Cider - apple juice + maple syrup ---> Speed Bonus

Cherry (Burbon) - cherry juice + maple syrup (cherry juce + wine) ---> Healing bonus ?? (until first healing tick)

As im making  mead, (but wine has the same process and most ingredients) on my own and studing recipies  it is said if u cant find wine yates fertiliser  You can use lemon juice instead.

So when it comes to alcohol  formula could be as follows

Juice + syrup = alc(wine Cider, cherry)  adding lemon juice should increase initial ql of new beverage or as in RL speed up  "fermentation process" [faster ql gains]

This would make all fruit trees usefull in terms of gameplay, as for now we can live without them. Wasted Potential IMHO.

I wouldn't say they're useless. The problem is we don't know what they're for...

I saw a quote a few times that said Rolf had stated that they increased secret skills temporarily that players couldn't see. As far as I know, nobody knows what they do except in the case of raising stamina.

It's along my long list of things to try and find out exactly what the drinks do, currently though to busy on a tree investigation.

I would like to see them do something, but it shouldn't be required, and not sure I'm find of the strength idea unless it also has a negative.

Negative... yeah sure...  im on. As for  temporariy raising stat it shoul have reverse afterwards. I mean wine raising stregnht, it should lower it as an efect on hangover, and so on and so forth...

Currently fruits have 3 uses - cooking ingredient,  juice, or jam nothing particulary valuable (expect grapes)

Would also like to see fruit trees being used more, value! Immersion!

But as Druidnature stated, if true, this is awesome, then somewhere, we are getting something for it. As with the the "time" we are living in, we are yet to find it's uses or quirks.

Just like someone, somewhere in history broke open the first "butt ball" from a chicken, and tasted it, and survived, and then called it an egg... we need to find out these things too.

If fruit trees turn out to have no use, and the rolf statements was just hearsay, i'd be dissapointed :P

Would also like to see fruit trees being used more, value! Immersion!

But as Druidnature stated, if true, this is awesome, then somewhere, we are getting something for it. As with the the "time" we are living in, we are yet to find it's uses or quirks.

Just like someone, somewhere in history broke open the first "butt ball" from a chicken, and tasted it, and survived, and then called it an egg... we need to find out these things too.

If fruit trees turn out to have no use, and the rolf statements was just hearsay, i'd be dissapointed :P

Even if it's true there is a issue, I'm sure multiple people have tested and it must be so weak of a buff (wth does it even buff...) that nobody has noticed. Unless it takes really, really, high skill or something.