Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

The Crate Of Holding

Hummm ... nice crate.  What's inside ?

/me grabs the Crowbar of Curiosity.

• Like 6

I like the way the wood doesn't look like plastic. Would it be possible to replace the bulk bin texture with this one?

Does it contain

A: The Wurm

B: Many, many kittens

C: Whatever you put inside

D: More crates

?

• Like 1

Definitely D, then D, then D, then D, then D, then D

• Like 11

I heard little birds sing about something that will eliminate the need of 100annoying rafts ;P

Your bird might be drunk, or maybe it isn't who knows. The only thing that is certain is that it's not what I was talking about.

My birds not so drunk no more uh? =)

Might be a crate from china full of illegal fireworks :o

Anyway, I really like how it looks, nothing too bling bling.

Looks like raft replacement of some kind. Awesome as long as it's just as good or better and holds at least the same amount.

I wonder if we'll be able to load them to cart or boat when full.

Edited by NESGamepro

i hope its a new way to store goods that can be linked to merchants

i hope its a new way to store goods that can be linked to merchants

Now that would be a very nice use indeed! Sell one full chainset in one go for example, or a smithing set, or bulk farming produce... *crosses fingers that this is (part of) the use*

There will be two types of crates, small and large. They will be small bulk containers with a fixed item limit, I am currently trying to balance them so that even the small ones will be a little better then the rafts for bulk transportation.

Since they are made for transportation of bulk goods I would say it's ok for then to be loaded when full, but I am not sure yet.

I have yet to decide what skill will be used when making them and how high it will have to be as a minimum.

• Like 18

Excellent news!

I like Tpikol's idea too. Doesn't look like that's the intent with this though.

Edited by NESGamepro

i'd like to see these crates  be used for 1 bulk item only. loadable with the new command coming. and unloadable to boats or large carts.   anything to make bulk moving a bit easier

ha. my ? answered while i was typing this thanks

Edited by validate

*puppy-eyes*

Maybe a foodcrate to? Fish spoils rather fast when transported in rafts over a long seatrip XD (especially the big marlins and whitesharks who dont really fit in the small barrels XD)...

But being able to transport more in bulk then rafts makes me very happy already :D

Does it contain

A: The Wurm

B: Many, many kittens

C: Whatever you put inside

D: More crates

?

It contains Schrodingers cat, we must never open it

• Like 3

There will be two types of crates, small and large. They will be small bulk containers with a fixed item limit, I am currently trying to balance them so that even the small ones will be a little better then the rafts for bulk transportation.

Since they are made for transportation of bulk goods I would say it's ok for then to be loaded when full, but I am not sure yet.

I have yet to decide what skill will be used when making them and how high it will have to be as a minimum.

Can we please have room for one animal in the large ones? (just for same server to keep it simple ofc)

Edit: Or maybe even a special animal one of its own built with like iron bars and wood something like that. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

As ErikN has resolved the mysteriously creative artwork presented by Saroman to a great extent, I will say that I like the prospects of these large and small crates. For one thing, they will certainly look more attractive, *winks at crates*, than those shrunken palisade rafts when left lying upon the ground. Then again, I can quickly drop the 7 rafts from my large cart upon the tile but what will these crates look like then when the same quick evacuation has been concluded. Huh, huh? A pile of, well I dare not make any crude references.

All kidding aside, this is a pretty neat idea for transporting bulk items and I hope they can be used as a substitute for rafts when say hauling dirt or shards in large carts to their bulk bin hoarding destinations. Yep, looking forward to seeing how these work out and function. Could be another great and functional addition to the game. Time will tell.....

=Ayes=

mm shouldnt it be fine carpentry?

If this does act as a mobile BSB, please, please, PLEASE allow the take bind to work on it to fully fill the inventory! :D

mm shouldnt it be fine carpentry?

I would assume keep it regular carp since the normal BSB is carp too.

Edited by bp1986
  • Like 2

B) 

Small BSB. Yay, finally!

I wonder if they actually took my advice on that one or if they had to come up with it themselves (;