Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Off Deed House Decay

I am not sure if this has been suggested or not but i am finding myself waiting for a stone house to decay in an area i bought so it made me think of what i think would be a good addition to help speed up the house decaying process without effecting the off deed dwellers to bad.

I am suggesting that once a house gets to a point where it is missing one wall that the decay process be massively increased this coupled with the writ owner increased decay thing should make the waiting a little better at least.

For some odd reason I had imagined this was already something that occured?

If not then I don't see why it should not.

For some odd reason I had imagined this was already something that occured?

If not then I don't see why it should not.

I am not sure either but if not then it should be i think. 

• Like 1

when i wanted to deed beside my first deed on deli. a stone farm house was built by someone so i waited. they never came around and i saw it had 10dmg. so i deeded putting it in my perimeter.  it tool 3 months to get to 68 dmg. some guy was riding a hourse by saying what changes have been  made since he left a few months ago to the area.  i thought hey , and asked if he knew who owned the buildings. it was him. i ended up having to pay 1 silver for the writ.  i didn't mine just so i didn't have to wait another 1-2 months.

so ya i'd like to see a bit more off deed stone building decay too.

on my new home area. i i a deed at an old deed site. 3 building stone. prevent me from expanding  the last 10 tiles i'd like.  the decay only 5-8 dmg. guessing 3-5 months again to wait. have to live with it i guess for now.

Well i have a house that never was finished and the player moved and put down a deed in another spot. The account that had the writ was sold with that deed..Well now the deed is gone and the house in that old spot still stands unfinished with 14 damage on 40ql walls.

Now i understand we all want good decay rates for houses that are being used but the accelerated decay things needs turned up more. Like this idea it needs to be put in if it is not and the character/perimeter ones need to be buffed to make the decay even faster. This will have little to no effect on used houses it only helps the active players. 

Edited by Kegan

This game will not become friendlier for new players if decay gets increased everytime a premium players with deed wants it.

I had this situation very often and also atm but I deal with it and just wait until the house is rotten down. There is absolutely no need to increase the damage of offdeed houses in any way.

• Like 1

This game will not become friendlier for new players if decay gets increased everytime a premium players with deed wants it.

I had this situation very often and also atm but I deal with it and just wait until the house is rotten down. There is absolutely no need to increase the damage of offdeed houses in any way.

Well this idea has nothing to do with a completed house and most "new" players use wood for their first house and they are not so bad. This house was built by a mid skilled player and was never finished but left abandoned to rot on its own. This just speeds up the process after it loses a wall and once it gets that far i think it is safe to call it abandoned. The increase in perimeter i can see your point maybe but then again the paid/deed holder should have more say in an area also...well at least in my opinion.  

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I am suggesting that once a house gets to a point where it is missing one wall that the decay process be massively increased this coupled with the writ owner increased decay thing should make the waiting a little better at least.

The trouble is how do you tell the difference between a house that has decayed to the point one wall has fallen, and a house which is only just being constructed?

I would say +1 only if the inactive-player decay increase has already kicked in.

The trouble is how do you tell the difference between a house that has decayed to the point one wall has fallen, and a house which is only just being constructed?

I would say +1 only if the inactive-player decay increase has already kicked in.

^ This. Couldn't have said it better.

+1

That works for me too. i had thought about how it might effect someone new just building off deed and i am sure if they were to even think about doing something like this the house i am waiting on will be long gone but it might help out others down the road. 

I think this is a very good idea in exactly the way the OP presented this, which is Not increased off deed decay. This is rapid decay of the remaining building after one of the walls has Already decayed away. In this way it makes a lot of sense to implement it, since after one wall has decayed away it is no longer a secure structure and all contents will have shortly thereafter been looted. If after this point the owner has not shown up to replace the decayed away wall, I see no good reason to delay the decay of the remaining walls. The neglect of the building is plainly in evidence by now.

The problem with this suggestion is the same as for many good ones, it may be difficult to code properly into the game and takes time devoted to doing so. Priorities suggest to me that it won't happen soon, if ever. Such is Wurm life.

=Ayes=

Agreed. 

On one side: for those who don't own deeds, or want to, things will get unbearable if their stuff decayed badly. As a deed owner myself, I realise we sometimes act selfish, and self entitled. We must remember that owning a deed is an option, a choice, not everyone should be forced into it. Some people like moving on. 

On the other side: If "abandonment" had a list of criteria, which could be identified and detected after several weeks or months (by the system) and acted on, then this would make life easier.

I have owned my deed for maybe a year now, and still the TRASH that new players leave around, is there, not to mention poorly laid out stone fences and forges and things that I have been waaiting for. I don't think any of these things have decayed and I don't see myself bashing up everything (it took days to do one fence line). It is annoying, and frustrating, and adding to the new players pleas for "open land"... for this reason I will +1 the OP's idea. A broken down wall is perhaps one of a few things that can be used to detect abandonment.

Edited by Marlon

+1, also as a fun side note, I had a stone fortress of 70ql tall stone walls off deed, for nearly a year they've been up, never repaired, and they're sitting at 15-23% damage each. Infinite lasting fence anyone? Rofl

+1 to walls missing in a house and faster decay....if thats not the case.

-1 to faster decay on houses completed off deed.

As a trade off make completed decay less and missing a wall decay faster to be fair.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1