Sign in to follow this  
Maozorz

(Epic) Scenario Events Should Destroy Structures!

I know the scenario events have been talked about a lot recently in one or more topics. (Personally I don't believe the scenario events should change, or if they do, they should only be scaled down somewhat.)

Either way, the biggest and most annoying issue about the scenario events is the fact that they leave frustrating and crappy stretched structures all over the place. Regardless of the action (or inaction) on the main scenario conversation that's been going on, the structures need to be destroyed by these events. They need to! I see no other suggestion about this particular glaring issue, and it needs to change, either at the same time the scenario events are changed, or well before this, even.

They need to be destroyed because the force of the events (which deeply penetrates rock with incredible force) should also destroy the structures atop them. This would make make more sense, make the place look nicer (and as it should), and prevent people possibly having to destroy structures that should already have been destroyed.

Edited by Maozorz

Why do they "need" to be destroyed? because it makes sense ? because some game mechanic doesnt allow you to manually destroy the remnants? or just because you think it would look better?

please elaborate.

Why do they "need" to be destroyed? because it makes sense ? because some game mechanic doesnt allow you to manually destroy the remnants? or just because you think it would look better?

please elaborate.

Edited <3

• Like 1

They need to be destroyed because the force of the events (which deeply penetrates rock with incredible force) should also destroy the structures atop them. This would make make more sense, make the place look nicer (and as it should), and prevent people possibly having to destroy structures that should already have been destroyed.

In other words, you want to increase the power of the orbital nukes.

I say remove the orbital nukes.

But, if they have to stay, the buildings should at least be auto-destroyed. Its silly when a wall gets streched up a 5,000 slope. I'm pretty sure GM's will clean them up for you if you ask them.

• Like 1

I dont see why it should be changed so everything that is touched by terraforming should be destroyed since it seems to only keep structures/walls that are not that streched.

Stuff thats on a 5k slope would get destroyed, stuff thats on a 20 slope isnt. The only thing I really see it keep that it shouldn't is multistories, and that is because it destroys all the walls, but not the floors.

Edited by Kagrenac

I dont see why it should be changed so everything that is touched by terraforming should be destroyed since it seems to only keep structures/walls that are not that streched.

Stuff thats on a 5k slope would get destroyed, stuff thats on a 20 slope isnt. The only thing I really see it keep that it shouldn't is multistories, and that is because it destroys all the walls, but not the floors.

True that, especially about the slopes - still, I'm sure they could make it so that over X slope makes it get destroyed. But I'm guessing now that would be a lot of coding.

I meant that that already exists, stuff is generally destroyed other than those multistories and sometimes a few stray walls.

• Like 1