Sign in to follow this  
DKSprocket

Pristine Impalong Maze Grand Opening And Race (With Prizes)

Pristine Impalong Maze grand opening and race.

I'm proud to announce we'll have the grand opening of the Pristine Impalong Maze this saturday! To celebrate the opening we'll have a race to see who can run through the maze the fastest.

The maze is located up the hill from Blossom, just a stone throw away from the Impalong spot at Blossom Market. Head up the hill on the highway between between Blossom and Blossom Market. The maze is on the right side of the highway about 50 tiles up. The maze is a big building, so hopefully it will be hard to miss. =)

The race will take place this saturday at 10 pm Central EU time (9 pm UK, 4pm Easten, 1pm Pacific). Expect navigating the race to take between 10 and 30 minutes depending on your sense of direction. If anyone should happen to get helplessly stuck inside the maze we'll do our best to get you out when the race is over. :)

Hopefully the maze will be entertaining for participants. It should be different from any other maze you may have seen before in the game. The maze is challenging, but not super hard.

To participate in the race you just need to either sign up in this thread or pm me (DKSprocket) in the game. This can be done at any time between now and the start of the race. Spectators are welcome, it will be possible to follow the action. If anyone is able to record video of the event please contact me in advance.

Everyone who completes the race will get a decently enchanted item and there's some really nice prizes for the first 3 finishers:

1st prize - A 70ql, 5 x enchanted weapon of your choice. The 5 enchants are mind stealer, circle of cunning, frost brand, nimbleness and animal's demise. Huge axe/large maul can be given out right away - a different weapon type might take a couple of days.

2nd prize - your choice of tool with a 70+ CoC or WoA enchant

3rd prize - your choice of tool with a 50+ CoC or Woa enchant

All other finishers will get a price as well.

Race start:

auction_timer_1385845269.gif

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 8

I am so upset that I'm going to be busy IRL on Saturday. Oh well, good luck to the competitors!

I do hope the maze will still be around afterwards for latecomers who just want to try it out :)

Aww, it's a shame I'll be out and unable to take part in the race :(

Thanks to everyone who participated, it was great fun watching everyone race! 

Congratulations to Akth for winning first place! It was a very close race with the top 5 competitors finishing within 45 seconds of each other.

Full results:

1. Akth (6m17s)

2. Robz (6m33s)

3. Ozzland (6m42s)

4. Captainpirate (6m53s)

5. Drayka (7m01s)

6. Xylon (9m51s)

7. Blastspawn (12m19s)

8. Wulfmaer (12m33s)

9. Ghengizcohen (12m57s)

10. Vynnx (13m50s)

11. Wilca (18m31s)

12. Booski (DNF)

A special thanks to Explora, Serraphine, Ladygodiva, Melanie, Brandylou, Kubinwielki, Astenian, Aum and everyone else who were part of the maze building team.

For now we're keeping the maze closed to visitors, but we hope to be able to open it permanently in a few days.

We will try and do another another race tomorrow (sunday). I will post the exact time here in this thread.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 2

We're gonna do another race tonight at 9pm US eastern, 6pm US pacific.

auction_timer_1385949622.gif

We're gonna ask the participants who finished the maze yesterday not to join this round. They are of course welcome to come watch the show. :)

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 1