Sign in to follow this  
redchance

Developers, Finish What You Started

Marble: Added about a year ago, and still practically no use except for a different looking tile. Which by the way is definitely the last thing I probably would've added to the game as a use for marble. Not to mention i haven't even addressed slate.

The 4 new trees: Well, they're there and equivalent to pine that's about all i can say. I feel like we were all disappointed to find they have the same properties and the same skin as pine

Pillars and Stairways: They're there, no functionality and making them for looks is more difficult than it sounds because they are not attached to anything, although this may be useful for putting them wherever you want, it also makes them hard to use for looks because they are difficult to line up perfectly

There's 4 things there alone that were put in the game just to be there. You build up excitement in your players and then tear it down when your new items are added to the game with absolutely no use. 

My suggestion here is, quit starting projects and never finishing them.

- your radical Redchance

Edited by redchance
  • Like 1

I'd rather they work on projects that have been in the making or been asked for YEARS in advance compared to some decorative good-lookies. :P

-1 :c

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 29, 2013 - Inflammatory
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 29, 2013 - Inflammatory

I'd rather they work on projects that have been in the making or been asked for YEARS in advance compared to some decorative good-lookies. :P

-1 :c

You missed the theme of this topic, i wasnt suggesting adding this to the game, i was suggesting fixing the developers

if u want to talk about things that they started years ago and never finished,how about the taste option on water lol

• Like 7

I think due to the general tone of the suggestion it may receive negative feedback.

Pillars are not too difficult to create, and do not require any other use than as a decoration. Stairs were originally going to be in for housing but it seems perhaps the idea was dropped. There is no indication showing that the new tree types need any more added to them than they currently have either. As for Marble and Slate, add a suggestion or two, what you stated is not a suggestion at all.

All of your statements contribute to things you have no evidence are actually incomplete. For all we know the uses currently for them could be all that was ever planned. Nothing in this thread has actually been suggested, all you stated was finish <insert project here>, nothing as to other functions or uses to make them better.

Edited by Shrimpiie

hint read the big bold print

Yes I know, but I was putting my input, the bridge idea has been around for years, far longer then marble or the extra trees. I'd just rather them fix/make things as the priority goes down, as of right now. I think fixing Valrei is literally lower then the GUI and Bridge update. :P Which is fine. ._. Userability over playability is quite fine in some cases.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, December 1, 2013 - Trolling
Hidden by Jberg, December 1, 2013 - Trolling

why don't you look up "lets build the Parthenon" here in the suggestions, as for the other things i assume you guys have heard the arguments for them already otherwise you would not be in suggestions and ideas. We should be able to use staircases to go up floors. As for negative feedback, i posted this because i know its going to make people butt hurt but its true, they add alot of unfinished projects to the game, and they need to have more focus on finishing them before moving on to other things. The focus of this topic once again is a suggestion that developers should finish their projects. I refuse to believe they added marble to the game to sit there useless.

I remember a year ago people saying  ...

"Wurm Developers are so noob, lets get real, they will never implement bridges cause its too difficult."

Well, 1 year later, we DO have bridges contrary to popular belief.. People, talk less, play more. Things do get implemented, it takes time, coding is not like making kindling. Now, go make some kindling.

Edited by Issle
  • Like 2

on test server mable is used for braziers (spelling) so it will be there some day

Edited by hoof2000

slate you can make floor, roof, and road.. I LOVE slate roof so I rather have them than 'nah, not enough uses for them so lets forget this new resources'. Marbles.. my complain is the lighting system make them too bright but I like them as they are option for smooth-looking floor beside slab.. and marble brazier later. 

Pillar, they are well.. that.. decoration. 

The four new trees.. when they give spoiler of these new trees people are requesting these trees to be made available while devs was asking what special use they should be... so they end decides lets give the players these trees.. and probably good too that we spread the new trees here and there before it will give actual use :) .

stairs.. now this is one unfinished item that they should either finish or remove :P ...

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 30, 2013 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 30, 2013 - Cleanup

..........i posted this because i know its going to make people butt hurt.............

Really?   Umm....that, to me, is one of the definitions of trolling.  Did someone pee in your cereal this morning?

Yes, there are lots of things we've been waiting for but they do finish things on a regular basis.  So they finish some things, and it's not always going to be the things you yourself have been waiting for.  And when they finish something you've been waiting for, someone else is going to be unhappy about it.  

Honestly I'd hate to be a game dev. Some people are going to be flaming them matter what they do.

• Like 1

Marble: Added about a year ago, and still practically no use except for a different looking tile. Which by the way is definitely the last thing I probably would've added to the game as a use for marble. Not to mention i haven't even addressed slate.

The 4 new trees: Well, they're there and equivalent to pine that's about all i can say. I feel like we were all disappointed to find they have the same properties and the same skin as pine

Pillars and Stairways: They're there, no functionality and making them for looks is more difficult than it sounds because they are not attached to anything, although this may be useful for putting them wherever you want, it also makes them hard to use for looks because they are difficult to line up perfectly

There's 4 things there alone that were put in the game just to be there. You build up excitement in your players and then tear it down when your new items are added to the game with absolutely no use. 

My suggestion here is, quit starting projects and never finishing them.

- your radical Redchance

We have placeholders for shoulders and capes in the character window for a year now.

The things the OP mentions were all designed to be aesthetic. So please... get better examples. There are for sure better examples than the first things that came to your head while looking around your deed.

• Like 2

We have placeholders for shoulders and capes in the character window for a year now.

the character window is not even a year yet :P ...

• Like 1

mail system needs finishing.

are bridges on play servers yet? or just test server?

i offered a good example of unfinished stuff on my previous msg,unlike the op

How about valrei, hasnt really worked since the start of epic and still doesnt.

the character window is not even a year yet :P ...

It will be in 13 days

From where I stand, and how I have been watching wurm from the sideline for years, things are moving on, the important things, the less important ones are being worked on slowly. Like others said, the self entitled tone of the post, makes me not want to put my support in here.

I do however, understand what the OP means, and to some extent, why players would feel this way.

Edited by Marlon

Yes, I know you listed pillars and stairways too, but as I've never used/seen them, I don't feel in a position to comment.

Marble: Additional uses are already incoming. Someone mentioned it's required fro Braziers and I know of others (All you need is a little faith ;) ). As for slate that you only alluded to - that stuff makes (in my mind) the best roofing visually.

Trees: What's wrong with aesthetics? I would quite like them to have individual characteristics, but I'd rather have the new trees in game to look at now rather than wait until the team got around to giving them additional individual properties too. Clearly you count mechanical differences as the only reason to add something to the game. I think you underestimate the impact of visual variety to a large majority of the game's population.

• Like 6

If my theory is correct, the new trees do have a few traits to them (not crafting wise) but mob spawning wise, after a friend mentioned she believed trolls spawned in cedars more then any other tree type, I and a few friends have started keeping track of what animals we see most near certain tree types.

Granted, without building a fence 50 and 100 tiles apart and putting trees in the middle I can't 100% confirm this, but from a bit of playing around (ok, a Lot) I'm pretty certain trees DO effect spawns within a radius. And a possibility of trees mixing together also effecting spawns even more.

Sadly, for now all I can say is it "seems" that trees do this, even the four new ones, but for now I won't say it's for certain as I personally don't have room for a huge fence, and am only able to pay attention to where my new trees I plant go and what's spawning around them.

how about the taste option on water lol

I never thought about that, almost forgot it.

The dev's are moving very fast compared to the dark ages. I think they are doing fine.

I do like the ideas you have though.

+1 to completing and polishing current content before adding new unfinished content.

• Like 1