Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 48

LssnW48L.jpg

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Welcome to yet another update where it is time to share some news!

This week we have been looking into further developing previously announced features.

While doing this we also found time to address some other fixes needed, you will get examples of the more gameplay related ones in this update.

But first I cant help myself from teasing you a bit further with how nice the bridges are looking!

Bridges

stone_arched1_S.jpg

stone_arched2_S.jpg stone_flat1_S.jpg

Click any of the images for a larger version.

The bridges has gotten allot of work and testing done on them, for example starting on things like collision lines.

But as this is all pretty technical to describe and however important it may be for the final implementation, it does not make for light reading.

I will update you with more on the bridges functionality as we progress.

The Crafting Interface

A tab has been added in Crafting Recipes that shows what skill is used to create an item.

It is pretty self explanatory but it makes it easier to identify which skill is affecting quality and success rate.

But on rare instances when you have under 5% chance of crafting an item showing up in the crafting window (Will be shown as 0% and red).

It is helpful to know which skill you need to increase to be able to craft it later.

To further build on functionality and complement this, a right click option on any item in the crafting window was added.

This directly gives you a shortcut for searching and finding that item and information in the recipes window.

Drag and drop

The expanded drag and drop functionality will soon be on the test server for evaluation.

To remind you of what this means it is dragging items straight from piles to cart, cart to piles or pile to pile without the need for it going to inventory first.

Fixes

• Wearing chain coif under tabards should now render and look correctly.
  • Pickaxe is now correctly rotated when held in hand.
  • It is now easier to bash curbs as these are purely decorative, limiting their impact on terraforming and with that gameplay.
  • Stealing by using equip now fails if you are noticed.
  • Redesigned the catapults functionality so it gives a better skill gain on lower levels and prevents some previous skill exploits.

Art

libila_r3_3.png

Who could that vixen of a women be other then Libila of HOTS! I can say from our personal encounter that she has a pretty radical personality.

Dangerous and powerful as she is, she still has no animations so I was pretty safe. Work in progress.

And RedBarons "pick of the week" from The Creative Commons!

OMG.jpg

This week starring skilled illustrator boombza with "Climbing Dragon's Fang". Amazing work!

That is all for now, so this would be the time to

Keep on Wurming!

• Like 18

The art of avatar of libila looks awesome, but to be honest it sorta just.. looks like Libila.  I thought from examine message it was meant to be much different.  

• Like 8

no reduction on the dmg hedges do to whatever u use to hit them?

• Like 2

Can these bridges be built straight out onto a raised clay tile in the ocean?

Pickaxe orientation in the hand, that is an overdue bugfix, thanks much.

I am sure Rose will be so excited over the new Libila Avatar.

Not being an architect I still get a funny physics feeling if that bridge would even be able to stand without a support.

Few more bridge updates and we can have our own personal bridges to Valrei :P

• Like 1

• It is now easier to bash curbs as these are purely decorative, limiting their impact on terraforming and with that gameplay.

So this suggestion got implemented, yet after 2 months still not even a look in at fixing king titles so we can use our crafting title bonus'....

• Like 2

Don't like complaining about your hard work, but do the bridges really have to curve that high, it looks so unrealistic.

This is what it should look like:

138a.jpg

NagasakiMeganebashi.jpg

• Like 1

This game is getting better and better. I really like it. But it would be awesome to see some animation of building. And a few parts of walls in progress(not just plan and wall)

• Like 3

I am sure Rose will be so excited over the new Libila Avatar.

Indeed..esp that Wox did it so well to depict Her ;D .... which.. I already know... ;D

Now I'm so tempted to make 30cm height of real life avatar of Libila statue... but duh.. got no time atm...

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

The art of avatar of libila looks awesome, but to be honest it sorta just.. looks like Libila.  I thought from examine message it was meant to be much different.  

Well the avatars are manifestations of the gods so they can decide what they should look like. Magranon and Fo chose a more beastlike appearance, but Vynoras avatar for example has a female human top too.

But I agree this looks more like Libila herself than her avatar. Mostly because she is too delicate for a giant. And there is the description on the mob. I can't find a record of it and I'm not sure what it was, but I think it sounded somewhat like an Utacha.

Edited by Keldun

Don't like complaining about your hard work, but do the bridges really have to curve that high, it looks so unrealistic.

This is what it should look like:

try looking up humpback bridges

• Like 1

So long as the arch is basically a circular section and its endpoints hit solid ground, the bridge is structurally sound (in design, can't speak for construction ;))

The oldest stone bridges did indeed poke up a lot like that, and even later on they're good for sailing under... :)

However, as bridges progressed people realised you don't need a full semi circle to be stable, you can use a much smaller section of a circle (say the top 10%) for your arch. If you're using supports however, as in a long bridge, you need semi circles with the ends dropping vertically down as supports.

Edit: I should add, after all that waffle, that the screenshots look realistic to me, as in those bridges would not fall down.

Edited by Shiraek

The only bridge I can find that looks somewhat like it is this one:

humpback-bridge_t.jpg

Its a bridge in china, I'm pretty sure we are not trying to follow chinese building style in this game....besides the fact that driving carts over a bridge like this would just be extremely dangerous if not impossible.

Why not follow some of the normal looking arched bridges....even if you type in humpback bridges you get this https://www.google.ca/search?q=humpback+bridges&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA522CA522&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kp2XUpnWNcbfoATT3oGQDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=834#imgdii=_

there are a ton of beautiful bridges there that don't look like you will get launched to the moon trying to go over it.

to me it just like someone heated up the straith bridge and pulled on it

• Like 1

From what I understand, the angle of the curve will be up to you. You can build the slope on the bridge the way you build a slope on the ground. For instance, look at the third picture, where the entire bridge is at an angle, but has no up and down slope at all.

And to the development team - well done again!

• Like 1

first bridge pic looks pretty cool, I have to admit.

Drag and drop <3!!!!!!  Crafting table I don't know much about yet, but sounds interesting :)

That libila avatar....o.m.g that looks sick!

I got soon a big load of dirt coming up xD

hope the drag and drop will make a difference.

That libila avatar....o.m.g that looks sick!

Avatar of Libila looks like a "Wolpertinger" :wacko:

What i see from the 3rd bridge picture shows a bridge thats inclined. the end points of bridge does not seem to have equal height, Isn't this contradicts the last weeks update?

Whatever, It is great work indeed

From what I gather the degree of the arch is optional. They are just demonstrating what is possible.

On a side note, I envision the climber is peeking through the "rock surface" and exclaiming over what he sees underground. Common mining technique underground... especially when you realize its possible with high cave settings. B)

As some pointed out. Game gettin better and better. Keep it up

Lib looks like a genderswap of Nathan Explosion in a Deathklok videoclip.

Edited by Alec