Sign in to follow this  
Alden

[Fixed 4.0 client] Disappearing Guard Towers (Minor Problem)

I couldn't find anything in search that was entirely similar to my problem.

And it doesn't look like anyone but myself is having this problem.

Relogging is a reliable fix.

Occasionally when playing I notice that our village guard tower isn't there anymore, guards still spawn and behave as normal but the tower is invisible and unselectable as if it wasn't there.

This happens only occasionally and only to towers(as far as I've noticed). And affects all towers at the same time not just the one.

My guess is it's probably just my craptop being lazy with model loading or something.

Happening to our guard tower also. It cant be a problem caused by the pc because my villager cant see it too at the same time.

I've noticed this as well, where both my husband and I notice it is missing.  I've posted this as a bug in the database, but it's so hard to recreate at will.  

We've always been either on horseback or in large carts when we've seen this.

On 1/1/2014 at 2:08 PM, Alectrys said:

I've noticed this as well, where both my husband and I notice it is missing.  I've posted this as a bug in the database, but it's so hard to recreate at will.  

We've always been either on horseback or in large carts when we've seen this.

I know that a WU experience doesn't exactly equate to a WO experience, but look into this because I've been able to consistently recreate the tower issue on WU:

Log in an adventure server (haven't attempted creative yet) as tier 5. Wand in a couple dozen rare/supreme towers into inventory. Fly around and start dropping them. Fly out of the local of a patch of towers you have just dropped and drop elsewhere. Now come back to your original drop location. Guards are there and spawning, but towers are not (or are invisible). 

Using the dedicated server, all it takes is a restart of the client and the towers visualize again. I have yet to have them disappear on me again until I start dropping more rare/supreme towers (outside of the local of an existing patch of rare towers I had dropped). Then I have to do a relog of the client again to fix the visual problems.  And to point out the obvious, with a non-dedicated WU server, a server reboot is required for the towers to visualize again.

Local seems to be a key factor in the problem. Also, being the creator of more than one rare tower may have some kind of factor in this as well.

19 minutes ago, As_I_Decay said:

Local seems to be a key factor in the problem. Also, being the creator of more than one rare tower may have some kind of factor in this as well.

I don't think creator has anything to do with it as I've not created any at all.  My husband and I both see and not see the tower if we leave local and come back.  We have reports that it also happens with colossi.

From my experience, rare guard towers, rare trellis, and rare tall kingdom banners do this as well.

To reproduce it, just look at it, then go away till u cant see the item because of the distance. Then go back and the item will be gone.

I have a rare tower on deed which is randomly present or missing upon logging in too.

I've seen that with the latest unstable client (4.0-af16725) my usual disappearing guard tower no longer disappears.  My husband and I tested this twice - him on stable and me on unstable.  It still disappears for him but it's fine for me on unstable.

Can those of you who can easily verify this spend some time on the latest unstable client please?

On 2/17/2017 at 6:07 PM, Tuga said:

From my experience, rare guard towers, rare trellis, and rare tall kingdom banners do this as well.

To reproduce it, just look at it, then go away till u cant see the item because of the distance. Then go back and the item will be gone.

On 2/17/2017 at 6:44 PM, Jaz said:

I have a rare tower on deed which is randomly present or missing upon logging in too.

If this issue happens again on the unstable 4.00-xxx client, please open a new bug so that the new issue could be tracked.  Thank you.