Sign in to follow this  
Lei

Wurm Wednesday Town Update! - The City Of Albion On Desertion!

Hello Good People of Wurm!

The City of Albion, of the Desertion Server, on the Epic Island Cluster comes to you for a new important update! After a few weeks of updates not being present from the former city of Ashuria via our old leader, Bashur - I now come to you with new news!

The Ashurian Revolution!
We, the citizens of Ashuria, have overthrown the old Lord Bashur from his tyrannical rule!

Under Bashur's rule, we were forced into doing tasks that were unpleasing simply in order to be appreciated. Much of this included bricks and mortar, but does not exclude other tasks such as terra-forming and tedious tasks.  This was obviously very overwhelming for people, especially people new to the game, and it actually scared many of the new recruits away from our favorite game, Wurm Online.

After Bashur's leave, his Royal Council followed him out the door. In their place, a new leader was elected. Tedrick, whom is very knowledgeable as well as level headed(a much needed improvement since our previous leader) was chosen in Bashur's place! King Tedrick elected a republic as our government, and under such rule the citizens have a say in everything that is done. Our town's citizens can do anything that interests them, including owning private homes and training skills they are actually interested in!(no more bricks and mortar!) The new council was voted on by the people, and was chosen for their yet again knowledge and honour:

The New Albion Council!

Under our Lord Tedrick, we have 4 current roles on the Royal Council. These include:

• MeetyourNaga(known as Naga) as Chaplian - In charge of Priesthood and Priests in Albion
  • DeletingVirus(known as Virus) as Advisor - In charge of advising the Albion council on veteran knowledge of Wurm
  • Lei(known as Lei) as Chamberlain - In charge of logistics and organization of bulk and non-bulk items
  • Jackeylegs(known as Jackey) as Chanceleor - In charge of any Royal functions under Tedrick - second in command.

The Wurm Wednesday Update!

~By DeletingVirus,

This was last weeks Wurm Wednesday Update, another coming very soon!

http://youtu.be/3lM1xV9b56g

The Recruitment!

If anyone who is reading this is at all interested in Epic, Desertion, Mol Rehan, or the Albion town or community, and looking for more information about us, the kingdom, or joining up, contact the following:

Private Messages In Game: Lei, Meetyournaga, SinisterPrime, DeletingVirus, Tedrick

On the forums: Lei

Contact Via Albion Forums: http://roalbion.enjin.com/home

Also Available: Teamspeak! 108.61.25.67:11187

Thank you everyone in Wurm for supporting our cause! Remember, we are no longer associated with Bashur or the Bashurverse due to the recent events. Thankfully we are under free rule, and request all of your support as fellow Wurm players! Thanks for all your interest!

The City of Albion, of Mol Rehan

Chamberlain Lei~

Edited by Lei
  • Like 6

Good job keeping that deed alive, it would've been a shame to see it disappear after all the work that went into it.

I hope there weren't too many new players given a bad reflection of Wurm due to the Bashur Fiasco.

Good luck and looking forward to mapping the deed and stealing all your secrets seeing future Wurm Wednesdays.

I think I will need more popcorn with this.

Edited by Alec
  • Like 1

I first thought it was awakening killing the bear.

Good luck though with the deed, I enjoy little updates like this.

It's nice to see people having fun and playing the game I also have fun playing.

I'm glad you didn't all give up.

This is a good game, it just needs good players.

So let me see if I understand this. A player by the name of Bashur bring lots of people to Wurm, starts a huge deed with the sweat and toil of his followers, promises them many many things and after as little as 5 weeks leaves? 

For the life of me I do not understand why people trust or follow this person.

Edited by romp

Interesting development hehe.

Sounds way better then a monarchy to me. The important thing is that you enjoy yourself!

Good luck with Albion.

For the life of me I do not understand why people trust or follow this person.

As far as I can see by now they don't.

The guy is a Minecraft superstar. My grandsons play that - they are 6 and 4 years old.

The guy left the puddle to play in the ocean - the surf apparently spat him back into the puddle.

HAHAHAHA! Said it would happen..Those continuing the deed I wish the best of luck! Cant say Im in any way sorry Bashur is gone again. Will only hope ROLF learned a lesson on favoritism this round! To those staying and continuing the deed and enjoying the game as it was meant to be played I send welcome...I hope your stay is long lived and joyful!

HAHAHAHA! Said it would happen..Those continuing the deed I wish the best of luck! Cant say Im in any way sorry Bashur is gone again. Will only hope ROLF learned a lesson on favoritism this round! To those staying and continuing the deed and enjoying the game as it was meant to be played I send welcome...I hope your stay is long lived and joyful!

Rolf will do this again, because Rolf knew this would happen. He gave favoritism to a man-child with a cult following, to lure his followers here, because he knew the man-child would eventually abandon his people here. Those people are now sprouting their own roots in this game.

This should hopefully give the Epic servers a couple extra months of life support.

It probably won't.

Bashur's former followers are always going to be stigmatized targets, unless they join their former enemies, or move to the Freedom cluster.

Edited by Dairuka

Thanks again for all your support!

I don't know why people followed him either. I was playing the past year on Pristine, and actually joined Bashur just for the experience. It's not every day in Wurm you have the opportunity to join a deed with 200+ people all compacted into a 50x50 deed. Incredible experience, for however little time it lasted. After the ruling class fell, I stayed, again, for that community in which I had originally joined for. My new friends here are diverse and honestly - lots of fun!

• Like 2

A post better suited and of interest to the Epic forums sections. The End.

=Ayes=

=Ayes=

I dont have permissions to post on the Epic forums, but I also thought this would be a good place to post because I know as a former freedom isles-er that Freedom Citizens knew about the Bashur thing just as much as people on Epic. Just wanted to continue the story and have people know Bashur didnt last long on Pvp d:

=Ayes=

Well, with all the drama that this made, Town Hall is a better place for this thread, as conclusion to this particular drama. Or don't you remember those long weeks of 2-3 anti-bashur-popstar-threads? cuz I do and was epic.

• Like 1

I dont have permissions to post on the Epic forums, but I also thought this would be a good place to post because I know as a former freedom isles-er that Freedom Citizens knew about the Bashur thing just as much as people on Epic. Just wanted to continue the story and have people know Bashur didnt last long on Pvp d:

Addressing one specific thing, here you go: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54493-access-to-post-in-epic-is-now-by-game-account-link-only/

Hmm, a nice update. Good luck to the new city and it's new direction.

But a quick question here from someone who is out of the loop... why did Bashur leave this time? He seemed so in love with this game.

Edited by Valdor

Well, Good luck with this, Guys. I really was worried about this place from the get go.

It looks like you guys are off to a good start though. Bring it on!

Don't burn out like so many before.

I'm tired of seeing ruins.

Especially ones of THAT size.

• Like 1

Hmm, a nice update. Good luck to the new city and it's new direction.

But a quick question here from someone who is out of the loop... why did Bashur leave this time? He seemed so in love with this game.

Don't get me wrong, Bashur did(and still does)  love this game. Unfortunately, due to his job of being a youtube-star, he needed to continually produce content(mostly via the game Minecraft), and his Wurm Wednesdays simply did not bring enough to fans to the Bashurverse. Also another reason is his production of Minecraft videos took away from his play time on Wurm. Because of this, the players online in Wurm felt as though his presence in-game was not  enough, and therefore felt no allegiance towards him. He ordered us around, but was not there to enjoy it with us, which angered many. Lastly, right before the revolution, Bashur was completely unaccessable by anyone due to him being at MineCon. There was also a rumour that money people had donated to the Wurm cause directly to Bashur had been spent at MineCon, and not on Wurm at all. I have no way of verifying this claim, but I know personally this set me off a lot.

In short - Wurm did not pay for his bills, and therefore was more of an expense than a profit for him, personally. This was a business venture for him, not just simply a game.

• Like 1