Sign in to follow this  
Sweety

Here's The Deal

Not really anything to do with this but i am guessing gold prices are going to rise now that the "cheap" gold sales person was blocked and is under investigation. I have a surplus of gold right now but i would never sell it for 75-80e when it cost 160e from the store that is just crazy.  

ever heard of online shopping? buy goods on the net, pay in advantage, get the goods afterwards?

every now and then i'm assembling custom pc's for a people i know, i order the goods in the netherlands (cheaper then belgium), pay them, they send the goods, and then i assemble the pc, once its done my customers/friends pay me back

same goes on here, this is called business .... 

Sweety... what he is trying to say is:

YOU as the seller can get cheated just as easily as someone you are serving if they were to swindle you.

Wurm does not guarantee any safety with ingame trading.

You aren't the only party taking any risks.

ever heard of online shopping? buy goods on the net, pay in advantage, get the goods afterwards?

every now and then i'm assembling custom pc's for a people i know, i order the goods in the netherlands (cheaper then belgium), pay them, they send the goods, and then i assemble the pc, once its done my customers/friends pay me back

same goes on here, this is called business .... 

It's not really like that:

- IRL you order from a company, not a person

- IRL you have mechanics to protect you (you can fill a payback request with PayPal or your bank if you don't get the desired products), while here all gold sellers require that you "send money as gift to friends / family" which you can't fill payback / pay contestation later (and it's totally understandable why :P)

Anyway, it's OK, I got the message - I'm not trustworthy enough to do that, and although I disagree with this, I will have to accept it and just move on.

I only hope someone else, more trustworthy, would organize something similar, because I can see that it has potential to be beneficial for all parties involved.

Not really anything to do with this but i am guessing gold prices are going to rise now that the "cheap" gold sales person was blocked and is under investigation. I have a surplus of gold right now but i would never sell it for 75-80e when it cost 160e from the store that is just crazy.  

She was saying 75% of 160 not 75 euro for 100 silver.  She would be selling around 120 euro for 1 gold.

sorry...deleted just coz I cant be assed to get more involved. lol.

Edited by Lolly1

Spamming everywhere how untrustworthy you are is not going to gain any trust back. Sticking with one forum account, actually playing the game instead of trying to squeeze money out of it and try to find all the loop holes might earn a bit of trust back. 

Also, this poor young innocent girl thing, always using overly cute forum avatars and names, trying to sound hurt, non-intelligent and fragile, is not earing you more trust either. Ok, playing on the male hormons might have worked a bit in the beginning but I think people are past that now. 

I don't know what your intents are, maybe you try to help people, maybe you are just here to make RL cash out of this game, it's hard to tell. Some posts about how to get a little extra from the shop, how to work traders etc. are actually informative but some other things you have done here comes close to scamming. You also seem to be totally obsessed with money and not so much in having fun. Relax a bit and enjoy the game, or if you don't like the game, please leave instead of trying to earn RL money out of it. 

Note that my opinion comes entirely from reading the forum, I have not met you in game so don't take my comments too personally.  

Edited by Torgrim
  • Like 2

Sweety, don't let them derail your thread.

The only way to prove a reputation is to either prove them right or prove them wrong... there is no arguing or defense possible.

Let your business speak for itself.  If you are reputable and business savvy, your reputation will build with no other effort needed.

Its also not an original idea... I did this when I still played (and I was the first to do it in Wurm)

Indeed.

If you want to do it, go and do it.  If people want to question if you are trustworthy, let them.  If you are then you will have a few people buying that will spread word of mouth, which will turn into a few more, etc, etc.   If you are not trustworthy, same thing happens. 

Just start it up and run it anyhow.

Also, this poor young innocent girl thing, always using overly cute forum avatars and names, trying to sound hurt, non-intelligent and fragile, is not earing you more trust either. Ok, playing on the male hormons might have worked a bit in the beginning but I think people are past that now. 

I don't know what your intents are, maybe you try to help people, maybe you are just here to make RL cash out of this game, it's hard to tell. Some posts about how to get a little extra from the shop, how to work traders etc. are actually informative but some other things you have done here comes close to scamming. You also seem to be totally obsessed with money and not so much in having fun. Relax a bit and enjoy the game, or if you don't like the game, please leave instead of trying to earn RL money out of it. 

Note that my opinion comes entirely from reading the forum, I have not met you in game so don't take my comments too personally.  

- About switching forum accounts, well, as I already said reason for this is simple - I always wanted my forum handle to reflect my character name, and since I quit a few times already and sold out my characters, every time when I returned and I started over with a new character, I wanted my forum name to reflect the new name; I asked forum moderators for a name change first two times, but their answer was "not doing name changes, just create a new forum account" which is exactly what I did; further more, I always mentioned either in the about me or in the signature, my old accounts, mentioned birth date, location and used pretty much the same avatar - is not like I ever tried to hide it or something

- About character and forum names it's a matter of preferences - some like strong, mighty names, others (me included) like the more angelic ones - it's just about what everyone feels that reflects their personalities

- Except Sweety's avatar which is a public image from the internet of a little angel, I only used my own pictures as avatars, so saying I'm "overly cute" it's just a compliment (although I don't really feel like that and, unfortunately for me, guys from real life don't seem to think it either :P) - and if you have any doubts, I can just lift them for you, having a short chat via skype / YM web cam :P

- I never tried to make money out of the game and I never did made money out of the game; I just tried to find ways to finance my game experience without spending real life money; I never sold coins and everytime when I sold my characters / deeds I only asked the amount of money I had spent on them so I could "break even"

- About most of my posts and ideas, they followed quite a similar pattern (somehow communist if you want): I don't like rich people, I don't like veteran people holding on their advantages, I don't like people living (spending 6+ hours/day) in WURM, I don't like people taking advantage of other players (like asking them to do bulk work for trash payment), I don't like people making real money out of the game out of other players, I don't like trader drainers and I don't like people spending a lot of money in game and turning it into a pay-to-win game. So I tried to come with solutions, ideas, suggestions that would reduce the gap between a new / casual / poor player and an old / veteran / rich player.

- And yeah, since the price increase on May 2nd, I don't like Rolf and Code Club, so I also tried to come with ideas how players (especially the casual ones) could try to bend the rules in their favour (bend, not break!) so they can get the most profit out of their money and put less money in Rolf's pockets.

That was all I tried to do (I assume the fact that I may have failed, but that was my intention).

Edited by Zapacila

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - Cleanup

At this point I have to wonder if this person is actually female, or just putting up an act with cute posts, avatars and lots of smiley faces. You occasionally showed your real personality in pristine when you had your little "debates" with other people. The degrading and aggressive tone used in there is enough to make 95% of the readers hate you. And then you accuse people of ad-hominem attacks, when you clearly baited those otherwise friendly people into insulting you.

You haven't scammed me personally, but a few individuals on pristine claimed that you scammed them on one of your previous accounts. And what is up with the "quitting act" every month? You have "quit for good this time" on like 4 accounts so far, and then you are back in a week with a new account. I feel sorry for the people who pay like 100 eur for those garbage accounts with low skills. They probably fell for the cute girl act. There is no trace of that when it comes down to business. I remember you trying to charge 3s for 1k bricks or mortar, just because you lived on an island and had to ship in the raw materials. Why should a customer pay more because the seller has logistical problems?

So you want to be trustworthy?

- play a single account ingame and stop the quitting acts every month

- your "debating" style is too aggressive. I would call it baiting, not debating

- use the default forum avatar. No female pics. Probably get a better name too that doesn't stress the fact that you are female.

- explain why those 2 or 3 experienced players on pristine claim with 100% certainty that you scammed them

There's 1 of 2 options here. Either this person has a split personality disorder, or is a master of deception. I don't know which one I find more disgusting.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - Cleanup

You may not accuse or suggest that other users have broken the Wurm Online forum, chat or game rules in any part of the forum. Such accusations should be sent to forum, chat or game moderators respectively. Even if it is proven that users have broken the rules, it is not allowed to discuss it in the forum. 

1. Scamming

I did quite a few business here in game (both buying and selling) - in some of them the other people involved were really happy about the business, in some others they were not so happy, and in other cases even I felt quite guilty because indeed it didn't turned to be very profitable for them. But I never tried to scam anyone.

And if anyone felt that I (or any other player for the fact) scammed them in anyway, I highly suggest them to fill a support ticket and let the officials decide upon this after listening to what both parties have to say and after analyzing the facts. Not making (false and ambiguous) accusations on forums, which is not only unfair, but also apparently against the rules.

2. Debating, baiting and trolling

Am I a social, pleasant person? Probably not. I just lack the social skills and empathy required for this.

But I did tried to be friendly and say whatever I felt it was the right thing to say in conversations - answering when someone said hi, saying congrats when someone posted a skill level up, answering when someone asked a question or anything like that.

And yes, I like chatting and I like debating different themes (probably because I kinda suck at that IRL too and I thought that a game would be a good training ground for RL), that's why many times I just played the role of the devil's advocate and supported a thesis not even I believed in, just so there is some chatting and debating going on.

Anyway I never insulted people or told them I hate them. I sticked with discussing principles and ideas, not accusing people.

If that really bothered you (or anyone else) so much, I don't understand why you just didn't ignored me?

And finally

Yeah, I have my mental disorders, but hitting me with this was low... even for you.

And I honestly (no sarcasm) wish that never you or someone close to you will have to face the challenges that we have to face, even with out other people attacking us because of this.

And the worst thing is that I don't even understand why you jumped like this on me... I never insulted you, I never had any dispute with you, I never did any business (good or bad) with you and basically the only time when we interacted was when I tried to help you with a question you had...

Edited by Zapacila
  • Like 1

people come on, keep personal attacks to yourselves. its unbecoming. and it derails the topic. well the topic was lost long ago i guess.

to the op i think you are pretty and that you are a girl. and i understand why you keep answering all these nonsense posts, because they are attacking your persona. but my advice is just ask the posts to be closed. else its just gonna be and endless drama.

and by the way it doesnt matter if people think youre this or that, its what you think. so good luck.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

Maybe you never directed any of that towards me, but I observed most of it, and I have to say, you did attack those people in debates. It wasn't straightforward like "i hate you", but more subtle, baity and still obvious, so don't try to deny it. Each one of those debates ended with a couple of people putting you on ignore list.

I remained quite neutral towards you, but after your last "this time i quit for real and use the money for school, was nice meeting you all!" thing, seeing you back here just crossed the line. The only thing you are doing there is a fresh start because somehow you manage to completely destroy your reputation with every new account within the first month.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - Cleanup

I remained quite neutral towards you, but after your last "this time i quit for real and use the money for school, was nice meeting you all!" thing, seeing you back here just crossed the line. The only thing you are doing there is a fresh start because somehow you manage to completely destroy your reputation with every new account within the first month.

Another lie... trying to make it look like I "tricked" people into buying my account, somehow in order to donate for my "education".

Here's my quitting thread: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/88724-selling-private-island-41x41-decent-starting-character-eventually-rare-unfinished-corbita-bid-starting-at-1-euro/

Did I said at any point that I intend to use money for school as you accused me?

Anyway I will follow Griffith's advise (thank you by the way) and I'll just let it go and stop posting... you go on and keep hateing, accusing and insult me... if that's what you need to be happy, then let it be.

Cheers!

Edited by Zapacila

Interesting ideas but your exchange rate can't compete with the market.

It costs me 75euros to buy a gold from a seller on the freedom market. If I were to buy it from you, it would cost me 120euros.

View hidden Post

The school thing is what you said ingame. I never mentioned the selling topic, nor did i ever suggest that you used that fact to help you sell your account. So who exactly is lying here.

Okay I'll stop as well.

Good luck to everyone planning on doing business with him.

From a business perspective, if I am going to run something like this I would not even voice it out as I would expect people will break it apart and frown on the possible-profit. IF I am going to run something like this I would do it by identifying which are my friends that paying with silvers and which that buying silvers and go from there. Just like how I observe most gold sellers and the one I trust doesn't sell theirs gold in public-- people identify them by theirs reputation out of gold selling business and theirs success on in game mercantile, then at some point ask if they got gold for sell. 

As for the arguments of OP's behavior... honestly grow tired of she feels having to argue every single advice and every single disagreement instead just ignore it and look forward for those who interested to conduct business. I don't have to trust/distrust her here to feel put off on conducting business, her dramatic responses is enough to make me thing if a little problem happen during the transaction it might turns to drama-lama.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 3

I don't really understand why she has made her forum accounts, although I guess there is some sense to having your forum handle match your in game name.  It is not as if she has tried to hide herself in her accounts.  All of her forum avatars follow a theme that easily traces back to Alex.  She certainly is not the only person trying to make money off Wurm, it is just more difficult to do so on such new accounts. 

Alex, you have definately polarized the forum audience.  Good luck with your further game endevours.

"- About most of my posts and ideas, they followed quite a similar pattern (somehow communist if you want): I don't like rich people, I don't like veteran people holding on their advantages, I don't like people living (spending 6+ hours/day) in WURM, I don't like people taking advantage of other players (like asking them to do bulk work for trash payment), I don't like people making real money out of the game out of other players, I don't like trader drainers and I don't like people spending a lot of money in game and turning it into a pay-to-win game."

This comment...lol...wow, just wow.  You are very "special".

Edited by Xiled
  • Like 1

From a business perspective, if I am going to run something like this I would not even voice it out as I would expect people will break it apart and frown on the possible-profit. IF I am going to run something like this I would do it by identifying which are my friends that paying with silvers and which that buying silvers and go from there. Just like how I observe most gold sellers and the one I trust doesn't sell theirs gold in public-- people identify them by theirs reputation out of gold selling business and theirs success on in game mercantile, then at some point ask if they got gold for sell. 

As for the arguments of OP's behavior... honestly grow tired of she feels having to argue every single advice and every single disagreement instead just ignore it and look forward for those who interested to conduct business. I don't have to trust/distrust her here to feel put off on conducting business, her dramatic responses is enough to make me thing if a little problem happen during the transaction it might turns to drama-lama.

On the contrary... When I established the same business mechanism years ago, I had to make it VERY public.  I was also a devil's advocate debater on the forums and in game... however, I did not argue to the point of people losing face for their beliefs and opinions. (which I think Alex needs to be aware of and work on... if she is truly looking to improve her social skills.  Know when to let a person be who they are with their opinions. you don't have to be, nor can you be, always right)

The one thing I guaranteed was that all proceeds of my business would return to Wurm and Rolf.  I cycled several thousand euros of other peoples money into the game and allowed a large group of players to play the game without having to pay any RL money at all. (this was well before the 10 silver at token for premium mechanism... which was probably established when I quit to keep that same group I supported playing)

The great thing about the business was that it kept silver in the economy... a large portion of silver traded hands without ever going into a trader/upkeep.  the majority of people who purchased silver from me, paid it back to the same people who bought premium from me.  Together, we created a working/thriving middle class of wurmians.  Which is the key to Wurm... it takes too long to do any 1 large project by yourself... Wurm is all about project management, and having a working class willing to do menial/repetitious labor.

But going off what Alex has said were her motivations for recreating this business... I don't see that her heart and focus is in the right place.  I was all about funding Rolf, and getting silver to those who organized large labor groups.  Several players who had no way of paying for premium are now some of the strongest/richest players in wurm because they were given a chance, and knew how to become self sufficient... and they started by making bricks and mortar for the project managers at the time.

Spamming everywhere how untrustworthy you are is not going to gain any trust back. Sticking with one forum account, actually playing the game instead of trying to squeeze money out of it and try to find all the loop holes might earn a bit of trust back. 

I would like to buy you a beer sir, very well said!

• Like 1

Ahhh Kiddoo, you are quite the interesting person of contradictions; however in doing business dealings within Wurm I think it is best to keep some of your personal details out of the equation and stick to the proposed plan. Revealing certain beliefs and opinions can turn off potential customers who would otherwise have bought into the deal, or no deal, as the TV show goes.

Not that I personally would have any interest in it, in that I just paid $108.00 US Dollars for 50 Silver from the Wurm Shop, which is more than double what the recent blocked "gold" seller was offering it for. Some might think me a bit peculiar for paying the in contrast exorbitant rates from the Wurm Shop but I have always thought Rolf to be the peculiar one for condoning the sale of silver and gold coins that would undercut his price and in turn the game profits. Still, I will pay his price rather than directly enabling others to make RL money which I believe should go into his pockets.

You have come a long and circuitous path within a short time in this game with no doubt mistakes made along the way, as we all do at times, so let not others discourage you from enjoying what the game has to offer. I sort of have a soft spot for you but certainly will not be offering any gifts in return, heh. You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself, more or less the saying goes. 

Safe Travels

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I do have to stop an say two things 1 she does have all names attached in profile so she's not hiding them ,

but. I personally think if u sell your accounts the forum account name should either go with account holder or deleted. Or at very least never use again, one reason as someone plays your old character if either someone wants to pm them or if they turn out a bad player your forum name may get tainted , best for clean slate but do put past names in profile like she did. Just don't use names to characters sold off , seems sketchy as my wife likes to say,

As for the trust. I've seen the sales in the forums always goes through well , only issue was the one large deed that was a gift being sold vs given back , but I think that was all good in the end. Also stop quitting. Your like me can never leave for long , just enjoy it.

• Like 1