Sign in to follow this  
Sweety

Here's The Deal

It looks like a lot of people in the community feel that I'm not trustworthy enough for this business, and since without trust, this can't really work, I decided to just step back and just hope that someone else, more trustworthy, will be willing to take the responsibility of organizing something similar.

Are you buying premium time in game, at tokens, paying 10 silver per month?

Well, here's a better deal:

Why not also get a 100% free sleeping powder?

Just sell me the 11 silvers for 10 euros (I pay the sending fees), with which you can go at shop and buy yourself the "one month of premium time and one silver" option for the 10 euros I sent you and enjoy your free sleeping powder.

To place an order, check this thread.

Do you use to buy your silver coins from shop with a price of 16 euros for 10 coins?

Well, here's a better deal:

I sell silver coins with 75% of the shop price (1.2 euros / silver)

- You can buy the exact amount of silver you want - either it is 1 silver, 10 silver, 33 silver or one gold (well, presuming I have it in stock  :P)

Transfer of euros is done via PayPal, transfer or silvers is done via COD system (I pay the fees).

To place an order, check this thread.

What's the "trick"? How could everyone win?

It's all about the fact that premium costs 8 euros per month in terms of real life money, but the equivalent of 16 euros per month in credits (at shop price).

And well, except an initial investment of 200 euros to get the things rolling (100 euros in cash rest in silvers), I pretty much intend to buy the silver coins from people wanting to pay premium with in-game currency and resell those coins to people wanting to buy them.

This way everyone can win - the person buying premium time gets a free sleeping powder, the person buying silver coins gets a price which is 75% of the shop price and even I get one or two silver coin per transaction after paying the fees.

Disclaimer: 'Till getting all this settled, there may be a delay in accepting any order, but once an order was accepted, transaction would be handled in minutes.

Some explanations: Ok... it seems that some of you consider that I am not trustworthy because I always wanted my forum handle to reflect my in game character name and I made a new forum account every time I sold the in game character, despite the fact that all my previous handles are listed on my profile page in the "about me" section and not tried to hide it or anything.

But as I said, you don't want to trust me, that's fair enough. I would be more than happy if anyone else, a more reputable member of the community, would take my idea and apply it himself / herself. I don't have it patended or anything, it just came to my mind today, when I was trying to buy some silver coins and I was having troubles finding a buyer selling cheper than the shop price (and so a few other people on gchat also having troubles to find a seller).

So it's really not about my profit, it's an idea that I think would benefit all parts involved.

And, once again, if any trusted member of the community want to take my idea and use it myself, I would be happy to step back and let him do it.

Edited by Sweety
  • Like 1

Nice scheme actually.. buy 11 silver for 10 euros from people and then sell it at 10 silver for 12 euro.

Edited by rixk

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 27, 2013 - trolling

Much confused, why are you using your old new account instead of your new new account that has a striking resemblance to your old old account?

Anyway, keep up the critical thinking on the easiest way to work the system you can think of, Only one or two left, Are you smart enough to work them out?

• Like 4

first turn: help 20 people get premium
200 Euro = 220 silver
sell 220 silver = 264 euro

second turn: help 26 people get premium
260 euro = 286 silver (plus 4) = 290 silver

sell 290 silver = 348 euro

third tun: help 34 people get premium
340 euro = 374 silver (plus 8) = 382 silver

sell 382 silver = 458.4 euro.

now... 250% profit ain't bad.  After three rounds, you have more than doubled your return and it becomes self sufficient.  You can put your 200 euro back in your bank account (for a rainy day) use the other 200 to support the premium/gold buyers and have 58 to fund your accounts ;).

10% more for premium (really selling powder for 1 silver each)

75% the cost of silver for buyers (this isn't a bad deal and has historically been the selling price of gold)

The only real problem you will have is convincing people to trust you (having multiple forum accounts and switching between them daily is not a good start)

But all the luck to you!  Even though I suggested you do this over half a year ago... lol.

• Like 1

I buy gold for 50% off shop price though.

If her business takes off... she can very easily control the flow of silver to change that ;) (I did...)

Through trust  issues and a few dozen others as well,  while I have 2 toons that needing prem this week, I will  do that through the shop, 

• Like 2

And about trust... of course I can't do that with newcomers, but when it comes about veteran people, trusted by the community, I'm willing to take the risk on my own shoulders and send the money / coins before I get the payment, just like I did for example in a recent transaction with DocterChese.

And about trust...Its a two way street. Due to the many things I have read/encountered in the past with the many faces of this OP writers Wurm life...I have to say I'll be sticking with the shop.

Good luck on the biz though.

Edit - deleted earlier written stuff but seeming as its been quoted it doesn't matter lol.

To OP - this is NOT a personal attack. Id do the same thing if I had observed this from another player.

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 2

And about trust...Its a two way street. Due to the many things I have read/encountered in the past with the many faces of this OP writers Wurm life...I have to say I'll be sticking with the shop.

Good luck on the biz though.

Edit - ps need to add the kiddo/ kiddoo accounts too, Kwyzina.

If I later find that this post was deleted then I will be calling unfair....as Im just trying to ensure players have every facet of information before embarking on something that involves real money.

I have to agree 100% here.

• Like 1

yep i know, this person has at least 6 forum accounts, i checked more carefully, all were last logged 21st of november 2013. I don't get it, why you need so many forum accounts? I use 1 forum account only for 6 chars ingame. This is how you build trust and reputation.

• Like 2

Ok... if you consider that I am untrusty because I always wanted my forum handle to reflect my in game character name and I made a new forum account everytime I sold the in game character, despite the fact that all my previous handles are listed on my profile page in the "about me" section, then it is your call. It's not like I tried to hide it or anything.

But as I said, you don't want to trust me, that's fair enough. I would be more than happy if anyone else, a more reputable member of the community, would take my idea and apply it himself / herself. I don't have it patended or anything, it just came to my mind today, when I was trying to buy some silver coins and I was having troubles finding a buyer selling cheper than the shop price (and so a few other people on gchat also having troubles to find a seller).

So it's really not about my profit, it's an idea that I think would benefit all parts involved.

And, once again, if any trusted member of the community want to take my idea and use it myself, I would be happy to step back and let him do it.

• Like 1

enough people sell 1 gold ingame for 75-80 euro's (or 100 USD), just make a WTB topic and you get an instant pm from 2-3 people.

enough people sell 1 gold ingame for 75-80 euro's (or 100 USD), just make a WTB topic and you get an instant pm from 2-3 people.

Done that, no replies:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/91479-want-to-buy-20-silver-coins-anyone-selling/#entry916186

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/91648-want-to-buy-50-silver-coins-anyone-selling/#entry917934

I even spammed the freedom and gl-freedom chats and I eventually found a seller for a bit more than 1 euro per 1 silver, but only a lot of spamming (I would give the names of my two sellers, but don't know if they want this "free publicity").

So based on my personal recent experiences I would say that gold sellers are not really frequent nowadays.

That's why I came with this idea.

And as I said, if it is proven that I am not right and it is not needed or if anyone else, more trustworthy, would be willing to take over and do it, I would be more happy to step back.

Edited by Sweety

The first time I went premium, I had a special deal.

I earned 2s through bulk work. Then, someone gave me 8s and I bought the premium. Since you get a referral and 2s once you get premium for the first time, I just gave this back to the person to make up for the 8s.. Win win, at least for a month.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

reputation perhaps? ...

i know a few trusted gold sellers, not all are active at this point, and not everyone has gold in stock, sometimes you need to wait a day. But when i want gold, i pm those folks, and they arrange it. You only need a trusted forum account (not 5 spam/whine posts), a good reputation and a few hours/days.

• Like 1

Considering that the buyer is sending the money first and only gets the silver once the payment is cleared, I really don't see why the buyer should be a "trustable, reputable" person. Only the person getting the money (or goods) first should be trustable. At least that's how things look to me. But dunno... maybe I have a twisted vision over things.

Considering that the buyer is sending the money first and only gets the silver once the payment is cleared, I really don't see why the buyer should be a "trustable, reputable" person. Only the person getting the money (or goods) first should be trustable. At least that's how things look to me. But dunno... maybe I have a twisted vision over things.

Since you asked  here is why I would not knowingly do business with you.  Personal ethics. Those that I dislike and want to feed to a a champ scorpion I do not have anything to do with . Simple. 

• Like 1

Sweety, don't let them derail your thread.

The only way to prove a reputation is to either prove them right or prove them wrong... there is no arguing or defense possible.

Let your business speak for itself.  If you are reputable and business savvy, your reputation will build with no other effort needed.

Its also not an original idea... I did this when I still played (and I was the first to do it in Wurm)

wait a second ... isn't that like real life ... ?

you go to the shop buying a CD, you go to the counter, ask the bill, you offer the CD case, they charge money, you pay and you get the CD in the case back.

translated to wurm: you wanna buy gold, you make a deal, send an item CoD to that person, you pay the bill and they send you back the gold

so what is the problem? buying gold on wurm is like buying groceries in  RL

wait a second ... isn't that like real life ... ?

you go to the shop buying a CD, you go to the counter, ask the bill, you offer the CD case, they charge money, you pay and you get the CD in the case back.

translated to wurm: you wanna buy gold, you make a deal, send an item CoD to that person, you pay the bill and they send you back the gold

so what is the problem? buying gold on wurm is like buying groceries in  RL

She would be working more like a pawn shop that deals with only Premium and Gold as both sellable/buyable items.

Pretty much IRL with one hand you give the money, with the other hand you get the grooceries. :P No trust involved.

In WURM one party has to send either the money or the goodies in advance and just HOPE that the other person will respect their part of the deal... like you send the item with a COD, you send the money via PayPal and then you just HOPE that your buyer is honest and will accept the COD. If he doesn't, you can report him, you may eventually get him banned, but there is no way you will get your money back since these transaction are only tolerated, not supported by GMs.

So yeah, trading in WURM requires trust. But that trust is required only in what concerns one party (the one that get the money or the goodies first).

Anyway:

It looks like a lot of people in the community feel that I'm not trustworthy enough for this business, and since without trust, this can't really work, I decided to just step back and just hope that someone else, more trustworthy, will be willing to take the responsibility of organizing something similar.

Edited by Sweety

ever heard of online shopping? buy goods on the net, pay in advantage, get the goods afterwards?

every now and then i'm assembling custom pc's for a people i know, i order the goods in the netherlands (cheaper then belgium), pay them, they send the goods, and then i assemble the pc, once its done my customers/friends pay me back

same goes on here, this is called business ....