Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

Seperation Of Components On Wall Testures For Dying Purpose

Can you guys look into separating the wood frames from the texture wall files so when the dye system adds the color the whole wall stops dying one color. I know the way the system is set up it takes the texture file adds the dye color which also dyes the wood beams as well. The door's and all wood molding should have separate texture files so when the dye system calls to dye the rock or the wood panel on walls as well as iron bars the code will only allow the dying of the main piece leaving the trim door's or bars untouched.

Dye a object is something I would love to do but seeing it dyes the entire object it just looks well in my words ugly as hell. Which is why you don't see any dye but one building on my property. As of right now to me and to others dying is useless.

This could be done to many textures like the wagon for example when the dye system calls the color of dye it dyes every thing cause it is all on one texture file. removing the wheels, crate, bale, and jar to it's own separate texture file these objects could maintain and keep there original color only dying the cart it's self.

I don't mind the use of extra hard drive space for extra texture files to stop the dying of entire objects.

• Like 3

+1 An alpha layer for only dyeing certain parts would be a good start.