Sign in to follow this  
loonatik

Pristine Questions

Hey,

I was wondering how populated is it? One thing that I dont like about independence is there are deeds everywhere and very little mobs to kill.

Loon

plenty of space on every server as far as I know, you just gotta look around.

I live on pristine and know for a fact there is tons of open space ;)

Indy is the most scarred from age i think though.. so going to basically any other freedom server will probably be refreshing to you.

Pristine is fairly placed and has an even spread of deeds and wilderness in my opinion, but as with any server the area immediately around the spawn is pretty crowded. Just taking a shot around the bay to the west of Blossom/Market I saw a few open areas on the southern shoreline. Then I've heard that there's plenty of inland space if you're looking to build.

having only ever played on Pristine since it's release, I still see lots of critters roaming about. Cripes I nearly ran head first into a tiger of some sort while gathering herbs yesterday, and scorpions were giving me dirty looks while trying to yield some tar.

As far as space is concered, there is pleanty. I had zero problem setting up a house across the street from a deed I used to own (took a 10 month break) and it's quiet, yet entertaining enough that you still have people in local to chat with.

Overall a very friendly server I might add!

P.S. this is about a 5min run from Blossom the starting point of the server, the further out you go I would asume there is a larger abundance of wildlife and free spaces to claim for yourself!

If you want lots of open space and mobs, look at the map, take the highway somewhere, and then get off the highway and travel away from it. 

I rode from Myst Water Oasis (X26,Y17) north to Reddit and then west to get to Blossom the other day. The east-west highway between Reddit and Haven is pretty developed, but the north-south bit between Reddit and Myst Water is quite barren in places. If you don't  mind some terraforming you can turn a patch of desert into dirt and build there. There are lots of mobs up the sides of the mountain, mostly mountain lions, spiders, scorpions, and unicorns.

Yep, it's the same old story here, go away from the starter area and coastlines and you will find huge open areas with almost no one around in local. If you really want less populated coastal space swim out to the off shore islands and have a look around. Most all of them can be reached that way but if you want more convenience you will have to pay the price for a rowboat with which you can easily row around every coastal area on the server. Just watch out for bears, crocodiles and anacondas or you may have a long walk and swim back to you little boat if unwary.

I also took a trip the other day with my guy out to some desert areas about 10-15 minutes walk from Blossom to try out for some large maul skill and found places with many a variety of aggros swarming all about. Although this is nothing like when the server first opened, when if you went just out of Blossom past The Academy area you would not have long to survive if you were overweight and could not run like the wind from the pack of them that would soon be upon you.

Personally, I prefer this now more developed Pristine where you can at least travel the highways with little spawn to trouble or interrupt your journey. Again, same ole', same ole', once areas get deeded the agro spawn is reduced. A good thing in my opinion.

=Ayes=