Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Stone Bridge Wip *updated

Looks great allready, but a bit more wear and tear and maybe some green, like in this picture:

Better to have greenery as a separate feature.

New sprout type, ivy. Plant on grass and will be ground-creeping ivy, pick sprout option available. (Or new tile type, whatever works)

Activate ivy in inventory, right click on any house wall, certain fence types, and bridges, -> plant

Several stages of ivy coverage from minimal to thick, can be pruned.

IRL ivy does damage to structures, so to get that pretty look you might need to repair your ivy's climbing surface regularly.

This would give you 'damaged' look and greenery in one, if you manage it carefully, and would work beyond just bridges.

Edited by Drayka
  • Like 1

being able to plant vines and moss on the bridge would be epic!

• Like 1

Why should newly constructed buildings look old and worn?

• Like 3

Because it looks cool? :)

Or do you plan to add some ageing to them so that stuff grows over time? (I don't mean decay)

Ok I really like this and everything but two questions...

1. did you just take the stone bridges in skyrim and add them in there and just modified them to have one large loop under instead of 3? take a look at a skyrim pic and you tell me if they dont look like the same bridge but modified!  http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1649636-bigthumbnail.jpg

2. When are they bridges comming out by chance? april? may? please let me know :).

thanks for answerung my questions!

1. did you just take the stone bridges in skyrim and add them in there and just modified them to have one large loop under instead of 3? take a look at a skyrim pic and you tell me if they dont look like the same bridge but modified!  http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbnails/1649636-bigthumbnail.jpg

The ends are different, the trim is different, the general shape is different, the texture is different, in fact the only similarity is that they're both stone bridges.  And I'm pretty sure any stone bridge can look like another stone bridge modified, after all, they're the same thing

• Like 3

The ends are different, the trim is different, the general shape is different, the texture is different, in fact the only similarity is that they're both stone bridges.  And I'm pretty sure any stone bridge can look like another stone bridge modified, after all, they're the same thing

Pssh, everyone knows skyrim invented stone bridges.