Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Linking Characters To Forum Profile

The suggestion pretty much says it all, a new option on the forums.

It links character information (updated once per 12-24 hours?) to a forum profile (must enter username and password correctly).

This information includes character name, title used, skills, priest/champion status, faith, meditation path/level and equipped (only) items.

A new tab manages privacy (you can hide characters or make them public) and when someone views your profile they can click a public character's name to view their sheet.  A link to a character sheet can be placed in a signature.

Why do this?  Bragging rights, better advertising options for merchants, organisation for villages, aid for RPers and many other little reasons.

• Like 1

Not everyone is a merchant, people like to keep skills hidden on PvP servers, even if you did it for PVE only, it would still be known as players go to and from server types.

-1, lets stick to bragging in K chat.

• Like 1

+1 yess

Freedom cluster especially needs little more competition between players  ;)

link characters to forum like what they did on chaos and epic forum might good for authenticating players but to view stats? no thanks...

-1, will release too much about the enemy. Give out their skills, their QL of armor and enchants..

Not everyone is a merchant, people like to keep skills hidden on PvP servers, even if you did it for PVE only, it would still be known as players go to and from server types.

-1, will release too much about the enemy. Give out their skills, their QL of armor and enchants..

link characters to forum like what they did on chaos and epic forum might good for authenticating players but to view stats? no thanks...

All I can say is :

A new tab manages privacy (you can hide characters or make them public)

For bragging rights you can upload to riceri and even compare.  I don't want something like this mandated.

Not sure why it is a problem if it is optional.

Because things rarely get coded in the game as planned.

If it was easily accomplished this would have been done years ago even if purely for the ease of moderating the forums and game.

• Like 1

hhahahahaha -1, not everyone wants their skills just showed to everyone i think... and i can bet that when this is added by default eerything is showed instead of turned off. Which means that many people that dont use the forums at all but like to stay private have to login and change their setting before someone else checks it right after the update.

the reason i'm saying that it would be showed by default is because previous things were also done like this (for example, deed got a setting to move/push etc, which was TURNED ON by default)

+1 if the privacy is on by default, don't mind the couple people that didn't actually read the post completely before posting.

don't mind the couple people that didn't actually read the post completely before posting.

Not sure why it is a problem if it is optional.

If optional +1

But Code Club doesn't handle the forums' code as far as I'm aware, so it's not likely to happen for just that reason.