Sign in to follow this  
Zapacila

Premium Time - Option To Buy "days" (Shop Only)

Idea: let people buy "days" of premium at a price of 1 euro per three days (equallying 10 euros per month - just a bit more expensive then normal monthly price).

Limitations: This should be only usable on a account that is active (premium) at the time of purchase, to prevent exploits (first purchase, buy three days just to set/sell a deed, etc).

Who will benefit:

- people left with some odd small funds on their paypal account / debit card / etc who could spend that little change money to buy a few days

- people about to take a break (like going on vacation on December 10th and have the premium expire on December 1st - buying a whole month may not make sense, but adding a couple of days eould do)

- people running low on funds and just looking to buy some time 'till next pay day

And please before dismissing my suggestion with the standard "this is useless; 8 euros is not a problem for anyone; skip a meal at McD" think that economical conditions are different across the world and across age groups.

+1

I like it, don't feel like it'll hurt the game yet lets people get those last few days till payday.

At least for me.

+1

I am so behind this because i'm currently deployed and don't to play every day. so i have not re upped my premium because of this. but let me buy like this.... and i would consider this.

I like the idea with the exception of one part:

Limitations: This should be only usable on a account that is active (premium) at the time of purchase, to prevent exploits (first purchase, buy three days just to set/sell a deed, etc).

I have recently began going back to school and to make sure that I don't let myself get carried away with gaming, I limit myself to games that I can jump right in to and then put down at a moments notice. Wurm unfortunately isn't one of those games. During the weekend I have more free time and would like to play wurm and would enjoy paying for a 3 day pass for friday, saturday, sunday gaming. But until something like that comes around, I won't likely be playing wurm much at all.

Requiring me to have active premium already would defeat the purpose completely..

• Like 1

umm thought u quit?  or diff person maybe.  i guess paying for a few days. would allow deed holders to transfer deeds. build stone buildings fast before times up.   could give extra income to the game.

some who pay for their priest monthly could just do it for a few days use a FO to cast on horses then be dormant again till new flock is born. 

+1  .

-1 for reasons validate stated. Sleep for a week, buy a few days and grind, sleep for a week ect. Need caves collapsed? Log the Mag on for 3 days for a fraction of the cost of preming it for a month. 

Its a very abusable system, and I can't see CC making more money off it than simply charging you for 30days of prem, even if you need the character for only 20 minutes.

Oh, and think of the fun Alt warfare on PvP servers that this would cause.

• Like 2

umm thought u quit?  or diff person maybe.  i guess paying for a few days. would allow deed holders to transfer deeds. build stone buildings fast before times up.   could give extra income to the game.

some who pay for their priest monthly could just do it for a few days use a FO to cast on horses then be dormant again till new flock is born. 

+1  .

-1 for obvious reasons.

-1 for reasons validate stated. Sleep for a week, buy a few days and grind, sleep for a week ect. Need caves collapsed? Log the Mag on for 3 days for a fraction of the cost of preming it for a month. 

Its a very abusable system, and I can't see CC making more money off it than simply charging you for 30days of prem, even if you need the character for only 20 minutes.

Oh, and think of the fun Alt warfare on PvP servers that this would cause.

Guys, you really read the suggestion or not?

The idea IS NOT to be able to activate only a couple of days at a time, which as you say can be exploited.

The idea IS to be able to add to your existing active premium subscriptions, a few days.

In other words:

- if the account is not premium at the moment, minimum period you can premium it is one month, just like now

- if the account is still premium and let's say you have 20 more days of premium left, and 2 odd euros on your PayPal account / debit card, you could add 6 more days (3 * 2 = 6) to your account, for a total of 26 more days.

How could this be abused?

Seems like a lot of coding and payment handling for just a few euro i don't have an opinion either way but i don't see him wasting the time and effort on this one. 

Rolf once stated that 10€ is the lowest he can go without losing out on too much due to transaction fees and such.

• Like 1

@Kegan: Actually the coding is already in place - try log the shop with an account having more than one week of premium time left and one with less than one week of premium left (or even no premium) - you will get a message that the one with less than one week of premium time has only limited shopping options. Also I'm quite sure that the payment is handled automatically, not manual, so I doubt that would be a problem.

@Enola: The paypal fee (at most) is a percent plus a flat fee of $0.30 (even for very low payments). That's why I said that the per day cost for this transactions should be a bit higher (10 euros per month instead of 8 euros), so it can cover these extra fees.

Guys, you really read the suggestion or not?

The idea IS NOT to be able to activate only a couple of days at a time, which as you say can be exploited.

The idea IS to be able to add to your existing active premium subscriptions, a few days.

In other words:

- if the account is not premium at the moment, minimum period you can premium it is one month, just like now

- if the account is still premium and let's say you have 20 more days of premium left, and 2 odd euros on your PayPal account / debit card, you could add 6 more days (3 * 2 = 6) to your account, for a total of 26 more days.

How could this be abused?

Read it, didn't like it, obviously anyone not agreeing has reading comprehension issues since this is close to the best suggest ever made on the internet.

if they decide to release lots of things to the shop, this should be one of them.

+1

Read it, didn't like it, obviously anyone not agreeing has reading comprehension issues since this is close to the best suggest ever made on the internet.

People not agreeing with my idea are totally fine. People giving feedback and argumenting why not are great.

But if someone brings as argument something I already said should not be possible, it means that they didn't give it a complete reading... or at least that's how it looks to me. :)

Like Kegan's and Enola's complains were really valid and I tried to argument agains them (dunno if I failed or succeed), but the ones I mentioned earlier were complaining a potential abuse of non premium people who only activate three days to do something they need, while I clearly mention in my suggestion that it should not be possible to activate less than a month if you are not already premium at that time.

I like the idea (I'm amused that Validate gave some reasons with a +1 and two people gave a -1 for the same reasons :P), however, as far as Enola's comment goes.

@Enola: The paypal fee (at most) is a percent plus a flat fee of $0.30 (even for very low payments). That's why I said that the per day cost for this transactions should be a bit higher (10 euros per month instead of 8 euros), so it can cover these extra fees.

It's not a matter of cost per month ratio, it's a matter of the paypal fee and thus any profit to Rolf for the transaction. By buying micropayments through paypal totaling 10 Euros per month rather than 1 payment of 8 Euros for the month, Rolf would likely end up making less money.

However, I could see this working for in game coin. 1 silver for 2 days of premium or something. I would adjust the limitation so that it can only be done on an account that has already been premium in the past (not that it needs to have active premium at that time) if possible otherwise it kind of defeats much of the purpose of allowing players to pay for a weekend of premium.

Paypal transaction fees would take around 1/3rd of a 1 Euro payment.

From a business stand point, it doesn't make sense and it wouldn't work. 

-1. Pay your monthly fee and happily support a developer who is doing his best with what little money he is making :)

Paypal transaction fees would take around 1/3rd of a 1 Euro payment.

From a business stand point, it doesn't make sense and it wouldn't work. 

-1. Pay your monthly fee and happily support a developer who is doing his best with what little money he is making :)

Don't forget to add whatever taxes got Rolf in his bussines, besides Paypal.

Although everyone could probably be better off "skipping a meal at McDs" ... +1 since I can see where I would be useful

I wasn't arguing your point. That just was Rolf's answer to the question "why can we only buy for a minimum of 10€". As long as we don't get a micropayment-friendly service (Paypal certainly is not), it's a very, very, veeeeeeeery low chance to ever happen. Maybe, as Hordern suggested, with ingame coin.