Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

1 Writ Per Day Changes

Writ-rule Bypass  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Should a deed be able to bypass the 1-writ-per-day-until-completion rule

• Yes
    • No

As the game mechanics go, you can only plan 1 house writ at a time until you finish building said house, before you can plan another writ. This rule is completely understandable in most of the lands, with the exception of deeded villages

A deeded village needs to be able to bypass this rule.  A perfect example of this bypass is the sign planting rule.  You can only plant 1 sign every 24 hours outside of deeded land, however inside a deeded village there is no limit to how many signs you can plant per 24 hours.

Some people have multiple projects going on at one time, or multiple villagers who may need houses planned for them to work on, so this rule tends to cause frustration and get in the way of progress in such cases.

EDIT:  A few people have stated that they are able to plan more than 1 writ per 24 hours.  If these changes have already been made please lock this thread.  It has been confirmed that you can plan more than 1 writ per day, as long as you finish building each house before planning another one.

However, the question still remains on whether deeded villages should be able to bypass this rule altogether.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

You have always been able to build multiple houses per day, the only precondition is that you finish (the ground floor) of the previously planned ones first.

• Like 2

You have always been able to build multiple houses per day, the only precondition is that you finish (the ground floor) of the previously planned ones first.

Thank you for the update.  I ask that the thread stay open however, due to the question still being rather a deed should bypass the rule altogether.

Keep in mind server restart will also reset that limit, even if you haven't finished the house yet.

Which is nice and all, but it just seems so unnecessary to have the rule for villages anyhow.

+1. Often counted on by lower-skilled villagers to plan out their houses or village buildings but having to do so a day at a time is a drag,

• Like 1

Very good suggestion. My current plans on deed call for at least 32 towers. It would be good to be able to plan them all to make certain its what I want before having to build the first floor to all of them and then deciding its not working out. This would avoid a potential large waste of resources and keep the little bit of sanity I have left in tact should I decide its ultimately not going to work.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

Not sure if it is a bug or what but you can also cross server boarder and back and it resets the writ timer so you can plan another one.  I always add one brick/mortar or plank before doing so not sure how it works without. 

+1 definitely need the ability to "plan" more houses in a day before the first one is finished. I do think however it should still be capped even on deed to say like 3 buildings in one day? That way we don't have freshly new deeds just planning tons of buildings and 1 more on top of that outside their deed to block someone elses (not saying that anyone would, but I'm sure someone would think of it somewhere). But yeah having the ability to plan 2-3 buildings would be very nice for deed owners and officials, not neccessarily villagers themselves.

Very good suggestion. My current plans on deed call for at least 32 towers. It would be good to be able to plan them all to make certain its what I want before having to build the first floor to all of them and then deciding its not working out. This would avoid a potential large waste of resources and keep the little bit of sanity I have left in tact should I decide its ultimately not going to work.

lol can do it with deed planner too <.< and see it first hand. But yeah

I've encountered no reason to bypass this rule. Just finish the first floor before moving on - there are no skill checks stopping you.

I've encountered no reason to bypass this rule. Just finish the first floor before moving on - there are no skill checks stopping you.

Read some of the other previous posts.

Throw it into the "nice to have pile" about midway down.

Not particularly important in my view as I would rather see villagers all chipping in and finishing places together as a team.

I think you should have to complete the house ( first floor as always )  before spamming more.

Also no planning on deed then running the house to off deed tiles if you are going to allow a bypass.

Edited by Protunia

Can already plan a new building after either ground floor is completed or.. 24? 72? hours have passed. The bad uses of being able to spam buildings outweighs the good uses, I see less griefing and problems if we stick with the current system.  It's not a game killer if you have to wait a few days to make another house plan or if you have to actually finish the first plan plan you made.

Can already plan a new building after either ground floor is completed or.. 24? 72? hours have passed. The bad uses of being able to spam buildings outweighs the good uses, I see less griefing and problems if we stick with the current system.  It's not a game killer if you have to wait a few days to make another house plan or if you have to actually finish the first plan plan you made.

Also NOT a game killer to be able to plan more than one building at a time on deeded land.  For instance, I plan most of the buildings for the new villagers that join my deed, to make sure they don't plan it in the wrong place or make something they can't or won't finish.  I also restrict their options to plan these buildings and build on them until I plan it for them.  This way they cannot grief anyone on purpose or by accident with their building plans.  However, the problem arises when I cannot plan multiple buildings a day for multiple villagers.  It also cuts down on my ability to plan community buildings for community projects.  The point is, being able to plan as many projects as I want on the land that I pay for is a very good thing, and many many people agree and would benefit from this.

It doesn't really matter how much some people are against change, even if it's just subtle change, because this idea is worth looking into.

And as Rathgar said:

+1  more control over the land you pay is always good.

So your argument is so you can plan multiple buildings a day (but not finish the ground floors) for multiple new villagers every day?  And to plan multiple community buildings per day?  You must have half a server deeded with a village population that size. 

It's not about being resistant to change, more that there isn't really a need to change it and the current system serves a purpose.  A person can make 1x15 houses and finish 1 wall and the house will last almost a year.  Allowing them to make as many as they want in the same day would not be a good thing obviously.  Will this happen often - no.  But we take a little bit of hardship to prevent future problems.  If you are finalizing multiple plans to see what it looks like, deedplanner is a great program that would let you preview what all your construction will look like.  And if you really need multiple buildings every day, there is already a system in place that lets you do that - finish the ground floor or have multiple characters/people finalize building plans.

Edited by leaf

So your argument is so you can plan multiple buildings a day (but not finish the ground floors) for multiple new villagers every day?  And to plan multiple community buildings per day?  You must have half a server deeded with a village population that size. 

It's not about being resistant to change, more that there isn't really a need to change it and the current system serves a purpose.  A person can make 1x15 houses and finish 1 wall and the house will last almost a year.  Allowing them to make as many as they want in the same day would not be a good thing obviously.  Will this happen often - no.  But we take a little bit of hardship to prevent future problems.  If you are finalizing multiple plans to see what it looks like, deedplanner is a great program that would let you preview what all your construction will look like.  And if you really need multiple buildings every day, there is already a system in place that lets you do that - finish the ground floor or have multiple characters/people finalize building plans.

I don't think anyone should ever be able to "make as many as they want" but being able to plan up to 3 buildings before having ground floors finished can come in handy for premium players only and only on deeded land. I don't see anything good coming from hundreds of plans being placed by as many villages as they desired on said servers just because they can. In my oppinion, that would probably be too much for the server to handle. (for example, just because someone would do this somewhere, plan 100 1x1 or 1x2 houses just to line up a perimeter of their deed. This would definitely cause some form of lag or graphical errors and hard time loading up for anyone passing this region) 1-3 buildings wouldn't be a problem though. Deedplanner is one awesome little program for viewing what the deed will look like with a complete look to your plans, this works great as is for planning it out yes. 

Me personally I can currently plan 4 buildings a day as I have access to 4-7 toons who can all plan and finalize so that my main can build them. I recently did this to plan our latest deed in my region on Pristine. Would it have been nice to plan one on my main and still be able to expand others after, yes definitely. We planned 2-3 buildings at a time then went back and finished all the first floors to plan 3 more. It wasn't hard work so to say, just time consuming. I would never want people planning as many as they desire as that'd become a mess very quick unless there was like a 2 hour decay time if walls weren't built lol. 

• Like 1

Or you can move off of Stubborn Island and accept some minor changes in a way a mayor can run his deed.  As Rathgar stated before and I reiterated, and it stands no matter what silly argument you come up with; more options for the land we pay for is good.

Or you can move off of Stubborn Island and accept some minor changes in a way a mayor can run his deed.  As Rathgar stated before and I reiterated, and it stands no matter what silly argument you come up with; more options for the land we pay for is good.

=D