Sign in to follow this  
Meridius

Mouse Glitch

My wife and I have been experiencing a very annoying glitch with the mouse movement. We are on Windows 8.1 with the latest Java version and video drives, so that's not the issue. What happens is when using the mouse movement to turn ourselves, we can all of a sudden be looking at our feet or the sky. While moving on autorun, this can get you hurt or killed.

Edited by Meridius
  • Like 1

ive had this issue with windows 7 /8 and 8,1 its random when it happens but outright annoying.

ive noticed it happens more when i click out of wurm to other stuff

and click back then the client attempts to regauge mouse point

but this is just a guess

i've had it happen on 7 with a Razer Naga, Though its very rare now (It use to happen to me every few minutes) it wasn't just a wurm problem either - had it happen on 2 others.

till they patch windows 8.1 there is a bug with it

if your running games that don't use direct mouse input.

it will cause issues with mouse movement "overly abrupt movement"

but ive never really figured out why it happened to begin with.

do you use optical mouses? wireless, or wired?

My mouse is wireless, hers is wired. And it does happen most when going from another window back to Wurm.

EDIT: No, it has happened a lot, like 5 times in the last hour while the window was active. Running near a drop off, it could get me killed.

Edited by Meridius

Same here, after installing Win 8.1. Looks like i have to re-install Win 7, cause the troubleshooting i've tried to fix the issue didn't work.

Hmm I've been getting this with Windows 7 lately. Never got it up until quite recently.

I have this too annoys the hell out of me :(

Maybe 3 weeks or so I've had it now. It might have been after the Win 8.1 upgrade it started...

I installed it... still the same problem :(

Also updated to newest mouse drivers.. no change...

I've had this since 8.1 as well

I notice it when I'm left clicking

the mircosoft update didn't fix it either.

Edited by Aetherion

This is giving me migraines and testing the strength of my patience. 

I use the left(hold) click mouse to move around primarily.

It started occuring for me after the Windows 8.1 update.  However last night, I noticed it had occurred on my friend's computer who is running Windows 7.  This did not occur often though (maybe 1 in 50-70 clicks). Played on fullscreen.

For my system, This occurs around 1 in 5!!!!

I play windowed mode on my own computer, so I am constantly clicking outside game and back in.  I don't know if this is exacerbating the jerking glitch.

I use a regular, cheap 20$ optical mouse.  Other than the fact that it is less sensitive, in terms of movement, it is just as good as any mouse.  They work fine!

This Jerking movement is starting to break my willpower to keep playing and I fear I will quit soon if it isn't soon figured out.

It really messes with you when your in a mine and trying to go straight forward.  you move a bit and then you accidentally mine the side wall or something.

I will try the update but I fear it's going to be a technical issue with resounding resiience.

Goodluck, please post if you find other solutions.

(as a side note, telling me that you have linux or an old version of windows is NOT helpful, it is more trolling than helpful).

This did not remedy the problem, it did alter it.  Instead of jerking the movement down so I'm looking at the ground, it now makes it jerk up and I'm looking at the sky.

I have notice that the jerking occurs if you click the mouse (hold) and move the mouse very quickly in succession.  If you hold the mouse still , click (hold) for a second, then move, the jerking doesn't occur.  This is hard to consciously do continuously.

Edited by DoctorAngus

This did not remedy the problem, it did alter it.  Instead of jerking the movement down so I'm looking at the ground, it now makes it jerk up and I'm looking at the sky.

What did you add to the registry?

All I did was install the update, that you download.  I didn't add anything to registry manually.

I don't know how to add wurm to registry for it.  It requires a targetable exe file and wurm is java (jars).

edit:  I tried adding the wurm.jnlp (wurmclient) and each of the .jars found in the files but it still didn't fix it.

Edited by DoctorAngus

So far I think I fixed it!

Don't add the jars to the registry, it makes the game performance suffer and it didnt help anyway, so I removed them.

I thought about it and I added the Javaws.exe.  It seems to have cleared this problem up!

I have observed a comparable issue since years on several PCs and OS(XP,7,8), For me it happens during a slow mouse movement with right clicked when I suddenly end up looking at my feet, might be an issue with window hoping.  

I had the problem a lot as well, but only on Windows 8 and 8.1. Since I went back to Linux, the problem has never resurfaced.

The Microsoft patch enables the different mouse handling for a couple of games. Other games can be enabled in the registry

The update also includes an extension mechanism to resolve this issue in additional games. If you encounter this issue in games that are not listed in the "Games that the update applies to" section, follow these steps to extend the update coverage:

Click Start, type regedit.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Click Yes if the User Account Control dialog box is displayed.

Browse to the following folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Note If the Layers key does not exist, right-click AppCompatFlags, click New, click Key, and then type Layers to create the key.

Create a new registry entry for the game. To do this, right-click Layers, click New, click String Value, type the full path of the game’s executable file in the box, and then press Enter.

Right-click the value, and then click Modify. In the Value data field, type NoDTToDITMouseBatch, and then press Enter.

Click OK to confirm the change. The registry key in Registry Editor should resemble the entry in the following screen shot.

The exe path in question you need to add usually is "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe".

Thanks to Meridius for posting the issue and Ago for posting the resolution!

I had the same issue since updating to 8.1

I applied the registry fix and its looking good so far.

We went through all of the suggestions and still have this problem - Windows 8

If anyone has anything else to try please post!

Also, this is only a Windows and Wurm issue. I never had it playing any other game, or with Wurm on Linux.

The Microsoft patch enables the different mouse handling for a couple of games. Other games can be enabled in the registry

The exe path in question you need to add usually is "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe".

it only worked when I did the javaws.exe, but I still use Java 6.

Btw I am expiring a much stronger mouse glitch when I run Wurm on a virtual machine (XP) with newest java version. (Yes VM+Wurm is possible)

Atm no idea where it comes from, but I will drop a post when I found out what's wrong there.