Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

News Update: Work And Progress. Week 46

My worry about keeping the clusters separate is that we probably won't be seeing any new servers until after they are merged.  Right now if you wanted to open a new one, you would have to open 2 to be fair to both clusters.  Maybe they could open a new server the same day they are merged.  Then the rush would be to the new server, diminishing the effect on P&R.  And while I know many of you will say we don't need new servers, the game gets it's biggest player jumps when new servers open.

• Like 1

First of all, congratulations on great handling of the Pristine/Release issue. While I voted for the merge, I could see some strong and quite valid concerns of the players from those realms that I never considered before and thought to myself that those must play some role in the end decision. It looks like the development team has had a similar reaction and while the ruling is not what I was initially hoping for, I can see the wisdom in it and I applaud you on its resolution. Yes, there are too many issues that need to be looked at first... and many of them are apparent to Release/Pristine players only. I hope we can discuss all this in the future months and come up with a solution that everyone is happy about.

Also, great work on bridges. Very exciting! As someone who is about to start a new deed, I am very happy to plan my layout with those in mind.

Thanks for the hard work and the update!

• Like 3

It will never be natural or not forced.  So just say this will never happen.  The ones that do not want it to happen will never ever want it to happen.  At least then folks can start making decisions based on facts rather than this natural stuff.

• Like 2

they decided not to unite them yet, but if they put them south of cele then it will be a bigger screw up for the ppl on indi/deli than it is for cele, i mean all new servers kept going south of eachother,(i presume that is hard to code a link between 2 maps so it had to be reused) so we ended up with 3 new servers under the inde server, since independence is the bigger map it makes sense to be kept as a central map and have the others around it.

what we need is a map to the east of inde and then the chain can go up north, so if one has to go to the one north of inde he can travel trough the east map for a shorter distance.

There have been many suggestions on a new link method.  There are many glaring problems with the current one.   Rolf hasn't even acknowledged that he gives a rat's fart about the issue and that attitude is staring to irk me.  If someone has indeed noticed him post about the issue please correct me on that.      

The current system is too cumbersome, as it stands celebration is already the bumpkintown of wurm and off the beaten path simply because its so far off, and there are no map links on the MR sides of Chaos, which causes no end of issues.   The current map links need to be more interconnected so that each server is able to traveled too reasonably well, and players on any side of the Chaos or Indy maps for that matter have more travel options, 

I'ts never made sense to me why Chaos and Indy are not used as travel hubs, they make ideal candidates.  

Edited by Battlepaw

Suggestion: Block money transfer between old and new cluster, via Epic. If they want to be seoarated, let them be completely separated. Then redo the merge poll in one month.

If the people who are against the merge are true P&R citizens, with genuine worries, the results should be unaffected, since they won't be affected.

On the other hand, if things are as I believe, and the people that are so vocals against the merge, are a handfull few, alts of characters on main cluster, who cornered the market on the new cluster for their personal proffit, they will now be for the merge. ;)

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 1

There have been many suggestions on a new link method.  There are many glaring problems with the current one.   Rolf hasn't even acknowledged that he gives a rat's fart about the issue and that attitude is staring to irk me.  If someone has indeed noticed him post about the issue please correct me on that.      

The current system is too cumbersome, as it stands celebration is already the bumpkintown of wurm and off the beaten path simply because its so far off, and there are no map links on the MR sides of Chaos, which causes no end of issues.   The current map links need to be more interconnected so that each server is able to traveled too reasonably well, and players on any side of the Chaos or Indy maps for that matter have more travel options, 

I'ts never made sense to me why Chaos and Indy are not used as travel hubs, they make ideal candidates.  

I thought Indi would be the center when Deli and Exo were added, then I recall Rolf saying Deli would be the center, then they all ended up in a straight line for some odd reason.

Said this when the cluster was originally created. SO agree fully. Still will be against a merge at this time...another 6 mos OR new servers between the connection I'm all for. And no I don't sell anything other than the occasional bulk order on the new cluster. As stated before repeatedly. 

Suggestion: Block money transfer between old and new cluster, via Epic. If they want to be seoarated, let them be completely separated

"Our" long awaited new servers were not only put in separate, with the promise they would be connected, but now some people have successfully appropriated those new servers and the rest of the community is just out of luck

ROFL really. Nowhere did it say they will never be connected..Was stated from the beginning there would be a poll and P/R players would have a weighted say in the action AND was also stated in the beginning that it could be as much as two years before connecting...Was also stated there would 'probably' be more servers opened prior to connection...

Where the heck are you getting this other misinformation from?

Should take the 1/4 size servers and merge them into Indi size, most games merge servers over time, Wurm just adds more and more.

How do you know which players that voted were from P/R.  Just because some didn't choose to change their screen names for P/R doesn't mean they aren't living there or have deeds/chars there.

• Like 1

Giant Dirtwalls may move closer to obsolete with bridges. 

Just cat the walls down.  Drop dirt.  Make bridge, and then walk to the enemy dirt wall.

Future Siege Mechanics.

Chaos is the center server and I think they were put on a line to make easier access to chaos from all servers.

Personally I think that the small servers should be put in a 2x2 so they combined are same width and height as the bigger servers.

I Don't see any reason to add more servers unless the player count increase a lot.

• Like 1

For all those asking how could they possibly know via the forum who or who isn't a denizen of P / R: 

"The real verdict on this will have to wait until an in game voting system is in place and we are able to better address the concerns."

Obviously they realized there was no good way to tell, but by weighing the vocal protests from both sides they could tell that the forum poll was not decisive enough to act on w/o having a way to get the opinions of the player base in a way they could accurately split the votes by server.

Furthermore, for those who think that isolating P/R from the GL-chat and restricting coin movements between servers... I highly doubt that would hurt anyone on P / R's feelings any. Wouldn't hurt mine. Always saw the coin movement as being an unintended feature and also always wondered why Pristine / Release didn't have their own GL channel.

Edited by Isosceles
  • Like 2

Its not paranoia if the old players really are out to ###### your lands ;)

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

what about allowing players to leave pristine but not enter it? would that be possible?

cause that would solve quite some of the problems stated here....those who made characters on pristine and want to leave can do that and those who dont want "bad old players"*rollseyes* dont get bad old players....

but they also wont get old nice players too :P

nontheless it wouldnt solve all problems but some....and it wouldnt really connect servers too. Best way would be, if you could add one direction portals, so that players can decide after joining pristine or release to leave for any other server without having to build a boat.

• Like 2

what about allowing players to leave pristine but not enter it? would that be possible? ...

I don't think you would find anyone on either side of the vote would disagree with characters being able to get off the servers because it only really effects the person leaving.

You updated male combat and male death sounds? What about giving the girls an actual girl combat sound?

At the moment it just seems quite manish.

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 1

For all those asking how could they possibly know via the forum who or who isn't a denizen of P / R: 

"The real verdict on this will have to wait until an in game voting system is in place and we are able to better address the concerns."

Obviously they realized there was no good way to tell, but by weighing the vocal protests from both sides they could tell that the forum poll was not decisive enough to act on w/o having a way to get the opinions of the player base in a way they could accurately split the votes by server.

Furthermore, for those who think that isolating P/R from the GL-chat and restricting coin movements between servers... I highly doubt that would hurt anyone on P / R's feelings any. Wouldn't hurt mine. Always saw the coin movement as being an unintended feature and also always wondered why Pristine / Release didn't have their own GL channel.

And if I voted to merge with my 3 prem chars on Release that I play very seldom, what next, a playtime requirement as well to further weed out undesirable results? 

what about allowing players to leave pristine but not enter it? would that be possible?

cause that would solve quite some of the problems stated here....those who made characters on pristine and want to leave can do that and those who dont want "bad old players"*rollseyes* dont get bad old players....

but they also wont get old nice players too :P

nontheless it wouldnt solve all problems but some....and it wouldnt really connect servers too. Best way would be, if you could add one direction portals, so that players can decide after joining pristine or release to leave for any other server without having to build a boat.

+1 I have a Premium Char on Prisitine but wish to be able to leave, even if it's just the rags on my back. I wont be renewing my prem until I am able to leave or the server is opened.

+1 I have a Premium Char on Prisitine but wish to be able to leave, even if it's just the rags on my back. I wont be renewing my prem until I am able to leave or the server is opened.

U could consider an epic portal bro

Edited by LorenaMontana

U could consider an epic portal bro

but you cant go from epic to other freedom servers then the ones you started from......

If no linking of clusters  (hate using merge , because it isn't a merge , just a joining) is going to happen in the short term, i would like to see the option added for players to move any characters + equipment on a one way trip from cluster to cluster with no option to move back if they change their mind.

I for one started on Pristine for 2 reasons, one was to help new players, the other was on the understanding that the 2 clusters would be joined, not might be. As a result i would like to see the option for myself and for others who choose to.

I don't mind leaving my boats behind, but i think it would be wrong to expect us to have to leave all equipment as well if the option was given as a one way trip.

Awesome work on the bridges, can't wait until we are able to make them ingame :)

DISCLAIMER:-  This is my own personal opinion and in no way should be taken as representative of CodeClub or its Staff.

• Like 1