Sign in to follow this  
Akth

How To Post Screenshot To Forums?

Hi all I've uploaded my screenshots to imgur and am now trying to figure out how to upload to forums?

I used the BB code link from imgur but my posts fail every time.

Any advice?

Just post the link to the picture?

You are using the tags correctly or the viewing permissions are set correctly?

I do not post images so I am not entirely framiliar with how to post them.

Edited by Shrimpiie

When using the editor to post text, you see a small image icon in the toolbar (second toolbar from the top, 9th icon from the right). Click that, insert the direct image link and you're done :)

I just signed up for photobucket, uploaded a pic to them, then copied a link they make specifically for forum posting, pasted in my text box here and it worked great.

Prior to that, I was having some trouble.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 18, 2013 - Spambot
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 18, 2013 - Spambot

Very nice information, I didn't have an idea about this.

You can upload your picture to any imagehosting site, such as imgur, tinypic,photobucket, etc. I personally like to use wlhost.net. You then need to find the "image location". For most pictures online, it is as simple as right-clicking the picture and clicking "copy image location". For other websites it can be a bit trickier, but usually dragging the picture into a new tab also reveals the image location directly.

In imgurs case; you can copy the link directly. Just go to your "images" tab, click any picture. Itll open a popup with a few links, One of them is called "forums and BBCode; that is what you need to copy and paste here.

If for some reason that doesn't work like you said, in the same popup window, right click the picture and  "copy image location"

You take this link, ending in .jpeg, .gif, .png, or a similar image format. You then on the forums type [ img]  ~~~  [/img ]. Where the ~~  is you paste your copied link, so it would end up looking something like [ img] http://www.yourpicturelinkhere/awesomepicture.gif [/img ] Note that there shouldn't be any spaces in this, but otherwise the forum will try and attempt to make a picture out of my example - and that's also not a real link :P

Trying like that, it should post the picture directly to the forums - and it's good to know since not all websites offer a direct link to post to forums boards. This way works for any picture uploaded to any website.

aae.gif

Edited by Alyeska