Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Increase Offdeed Decay, Remove On-Deed Decay

So I wander around and see the beds, looms, carts and whatnot from people I know left 6 months ago ~ Lets increase off deed decay by a very large amount. I don't think things need to be lasting more than an in-game month (~4 real days) for wooden items and ~ an in-game year for stone/metal (~45 real days) if off-deed.

Also, entirely remove on deed decay for all items. No need to even do a 30 days check really. It will not make much difference.

To the inevitable, "I want to play without a deed!" ~ A simple check for if the tile has been walked on in the last few days could be put in to ensure active areas aren't affected.

• Like 4

decay outside deeds is already high enough on walls + houses Id say Balance it rather than increase.

and yes, the beds+forges+looms are still a big problem.

+1 to removing all decay on deed, it's just ridicilous that i have to hop on my alts every 3rd day to repair bsbs in celebration <_<

cant we have even a little holiday without any fear ? :)

removing all deed decay will force the game to stick with sooo many items >_< big big big database. A few deeds that have too much items already lag many people...

Edited by rosedragon

-1 I live off deed and I like it that way. I understand that the beds and looms etc look ugly but I do not want to lose all my stuff cause other people leave

Off deed decay is already horrible, completely messes up fences/buildings off deed, items are screwed off deed (including beds and looms). Doesn't need to be increased even more.

Huge -1 for off deed decay. I know the ppl off them aren't bringing income for wurm but (most) of the things decay fast enough, though there are something's that could be sped up.

On deed, personally I don't care either way. I kind of like the small decay, but don't care if that's changed

Edited by Druidnature

Woops meant to edit and quoted myself lol...

Edited by Druidnature

As far as increasing off-deed decay... -1

Edited by WesncIsMe

People like the OP make this game horrible, suggesting things like that. -1

The OP happens to have had a ton of good ideas, and from what I've seen is actually a decent person. A bad suggestion in (our) opinion, doesn't make the person bad >_<

• Like 1

How about making offdeed stuff so it can be picked up ? Like... offdeed beds, looms, barrels, yeah why not even forges etc.

It just clutters the landscape if someone leaves. For on-deed to protect them from being hauled away i see a use for the plant option but offdeed... if the container is empty, I see no reason to not let it be hauled away by anyone who has a use for them.

Should all be pick up. Maybe make them heavy so a person can haul away one at a time, and only in inventory like it is with bsb and fsb that are not planted.

I liked very much when we could pick them up a while ago no matter who dropped them. That was very useful!

Btw... I believe decay was already drastically increased just recently. Not just outside buildings, but inside too. I have to fix my lower ql ondeed barrels etc almost every day. I could agree to lessen the ondeed decay a bit again.

To argue against the "too many items on deeds cluttering database", since the cool "pay for low ql items at token" thingy I got rid of alot junk. Big motivation to clean out so thanks for that! LOL

The OP happens to have had a ton of good ideas, and from what I've seen is actually a decent person. A bad suggestion in (our) opinion, doesn't make the person bad >_<

Awww your a sweety. Other guy seems a bit rustled though lol.

+1 if you by no decay on deed items purely are talking about decorative items, and not tools or other junk we can spam like crazy.

-1  that would render my magical chests useless.

Magical chests could be made usseful by giving them unlimited space. and/or making their locks harder to pick than boats.

Seriously, as it is now, people use merchants and such to block decay.

However that is an entirely different topic.

+1 for the suggestion however.

However, to counter the lag: Keep the decay on items like wood scraps on deed. And rockshards (but delay the decay on those for a week).

Also, food should always decay on deed, like normal.

You already pay for prem, reward owning a deed more.

I lived without a deed for a good while, only bought one because I'd stuck around over a month.  With such rapid decay?  I'd have ragequit long before.

You shouldn't be required to have a deed.

As for the junk, the load option for carts will clear a lot of that up.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

1- increase off deed decay, +1 to increasing decay on beds off-deed. Them things never die and finally
+10 to removing on deed decay of storage bins and so on because I'm beyond over wasting time in game by right-click item repair which is boring.

Thread bump  instead of making a new one.

removing all deed decay will force the game to stick with sooo many items >_< big big big database. A few deeds that have too much items already lag many people...

We pay for deeds and so they should be able to handle it. If not they need to work out how much it costs to maintain the servers and change the right amount of prem etc.

Edited by AlexLong

Just allow them to be picked up. I'd love to haul everything into my house 

-1 The new pick up(drag) to cart changes for heavy items should resolve this already imho. 

- 1 To do it just like that.

I do Think decay works oddly sometimes though and decay off deed for some things could be alot more aggressive. Like, pelts on the ground or some crafted items that seems to stay there forever. stuff you get from foraging is also decaying too slowly. I Think you could free up alot of resources by allowing more decay on some things. Walls and houses are probably fine as it is though.

On deed, I think we need decay too. Some things like pelts and whetstones decay too fast though, what's up with that? I put it in a chest and it can tick away 5-10dmg in a day, that's odd. I know I said pelts decay too slowly on the ground, but it is actually true too, I see loads of pelts laying around in the forests, it's like they never really reach full decay.

Sorry about the rant, but decay rates could be look at again, and could potentially save system resources even more.  

- 1 To do it just like that.

I do Think decay works oddly sometimes though and decay off deed for some things could be alot more aggressive. Like, pelts on the ground or some crafted items that seems to stay there forever. stuff you get from foraging is also decaying too slowly. I Think you could free up alot of resources by allowing more decay on some things. Walls and houses are probably fine as it is though.

On deed, I think we need decay too. Some things like pelts and whetstones decay too fast though, what's up with that? I put it in a chest and it can tick away 5-10dmg in a day, that's odd. I know I said pelts decay too slowly on the ground, but it is actually true too, I see loads of pelts laying around in the forests, it's like they never really reach full decay.

Sorry about the rant, but decay rates could be look at again, and could potentially save system resources even more.  

I drop pelts a lot in my area just to get rid of em, they decay within two days usually. same goes for the foraging/botanize items in most cases.