Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Throttling Interface Not Working

only if all other say nice things i must say nice things too?

my opinion is another one and so i write this here!

..... bla bla bla

ROLF* The guy is not an acronym

Good luck Rolf! <3

Movies while I wait:

Cant hardly wait, Waiting and Are we there yet?

Sue that hosting company and get a different...

There should be enough out there who could do a better job.

3 days without business is a killer.

• Like 1

Sue that hosting company and get a different...

There should be enough out there who could do a better job.

3 days without business is a killer.

Well, assuming no other downtime during the year that's still 99% uptime :)

But ye, sucks to get it all in one go. As Rolf said though, having your SLA specify support during evenings and weekends cost a wee bit in Scandinavia. Us mortals here are horribly greedy and refuse to work nights without a nice lil bump in our wages.

Many hosting companies do not provide DDoS prevention and they also have a responsibility to their other clients, to protect them as best as possible, when one of their clients gets attacked.  Also, smaller companies generally have much faster support than large ones.  Most of the big players (AT&T, Rackspace, etc) have tons of hoops to jump through for any major issues or changes. One of my clients waited 2 months before AT&T would let them drop in a hardware appliance that did load balancing, app firewalling and DDoS prevention.

So, there are pros and cons to moving up to the big players.

• Like 1

Low cost indie game usually means low cost dev team and low cost servers.  I'm, sure for another 5or so euro and no F2P, Rolf could get us better server support.

We can't have everything.

Hang in there Rolf, we'll be here when you get it sorted out.

Go read the annual audit statement for this game, Wurms profits are in the hundreds of thousands. Rolf's personal wage is also very high including his dev team. Your statement couldn't be more inaccurate on the realism in regards to Wurms current financial situation.

if you see the most other games wurm is a baby and for this he have right...

and they call themselves "experts"... well better change hosting company as they don't seem very experienced. This should be fast to fix, i mean what have they been doing all monday?

• Like 2

and they call themselves "experts"... well better change hosting company as they don't seem very experienced. This should be fast to fix, i mean what have they been doing all monday?

i dont think this is the true story.

i think rofl and the rest of the team do some fail and will not talk us them and say us the story of the hoster. the hoster can not say here somthing to this, so its easy to say, there are the bad boys.

and if its real rofl only see this now @ the end of the officetime, the hoster do fail, then its more then a special fail from rofl.

and i think this is thr true version of the story...

we have 7 days become back and we know why...

Edited by avilio

Heh sounds like my ISP.. they switched a lot of in-house stuff to subcontractors, so the company seems to have not know their heads from their..... hind quarters.  I feel Rolf's pain.

If push comes to shove, Rolf, try this line on them.. worked for me: (say it with a warm smile and a loving tone)

"So who do I have to call to get the service I paid for... your boss, his boss, his boss's boss, my lawyer, the authorities, another provider?  You're costing me money.  I'd rather YOU fix it and we all go back to being friends."

It helps if you bring a big dog >.>

I think Avilio can only post negative things. He's one of those people who only knows how to complain. When the servers are up, he'll complain about losses. When that's solved, he'll complain about lag. When that's solved, he'll complain about something else. Complain, complain, complain, what an annoyance and a downer. Worst part of this whole weekend has been his annoying posts, where he repeats the same incomprehensible BS in every thread, multiple times. That's called SPAM. Is there a way for me to block him so I don't see his annoying whining?

The support I've seen for the dev team is great. Yeah, it sucks not being able to play, but you really get to see how great most of the community is. If this were a bigger MMO and you could get skills to 100 in two days, every thread would be full of Avilios. Fortunately this type of game filters out that kind of person, and the ones left are helpful and a real pleasure to game with.

To all the people who've stayed positive throughout this trial, I salute you. You know it's just a game (an awesome game), and what matters is the community. Life goes on, and so will Wurm. :)

• Like 2

Avilio... this is an "indy" game... microempresa.

You COULD try one of the big company games that rarely go down except for expansions and planned maintenances (HAAAAAH this happens to them too btw), but it's $15 a month + extra Store stuff 'cause trust me, you'll need it.  They'll all be WoW-clones with different skins, and sandboxes they are not even when they claim to be.  I just came from those in case you're wondering.

The most sandboxey ones are basically really really feature rich WoW-clones, or Runescape (which IS awesome, but not even 1/10th the sandbox Wurm is).

@Jayman: If you could look into my mind and see the evil I'm brewing toward Wurm's ISP your face would melt off =D

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

...Is there a way for me to block him so I don't see his annoying whining?

Edit your profile.  Set the Ignore Preferences

People who are still attacking Rolf for this seem to be both completely devoid of empathy and out of touch with reality. I worked for a ferry company earlier this year, and when our ship's engine went down for a week and a half, that meant thousands of people had to reschedule their several-hundred-dollar trips or cancel them entirely. And most of them were STILL more understanding than some of the people I see here. Seriously, it's a video game. You've missed out on what, two or three days? Get a grip.

• Like 1

sorry, but i dont let me hide from all this things.

i have other opinion in some things and i respect your thing but then do it with mys things too pls...

i dont trust these posts from rofl and i dont read here i must only post things for nice opinions.

i think here are many things bad about this crash and witht he work after this crash and i say this.

if you dont will read them, then dont do it!

and if rolf see after the officetime the hoster do fail, then i ask why he dont see this in the time where the people sit in the office.

why we must talk from some pvp things if the servers come back. 

so and for this i am angry...

and thats my right to write this here

Go read the annual audit statement for this game, Wurms profits are in the hundreds of thousands. Rolf's personal wage is also very high including his dev team. Your statement couldn't be more inaccurate on the realism in regards to Wurms current financial situation.

link to the annual audit statement ? would like to read up on wurm's profit's some , thanks also =)

i think there are not the realy true informations.

rofl give us 7 day premium back.

he know why he do this.

i think the hoster dont care of rofl or the other players here but this can nobody realy say to us and for this we must read storys.

haha only haha

Those particular lines I was laughing hysterically.

i think rofl and the rest of the team do some fail and will not talk us them and say us the story of the hoster.

and if its real rofl only see this now @ the end of the officetime, the hoster do fail, then its more then a special fail from rofl.

we have 7 days become back and we know why...

But after reading those, I was literally in tears.

PS: Jeers for the current situation... For the ISP ofcourse, not you, Rolf. :D

Edit your profile.  Set the Ignore Preferences

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I ignored Avilio and Creed1, I assume it's the same person since they're both incomprehensible whiners and post in the same threads.

• Like 3

only if all other say nice things i must say nice things too?

my opinion is another one and so i write this here!

i think we were pissed here.

the hole day we talk for some ###### about some pvp stuff for come back with the server and it is the time over and the most are offline from the office by the hoster we hear the hoster dont give us the complete service!

that cant be true.

i think there are not the realy true informations.

rofl give us 7 day premium back.

he know why he do this.

we will not play befor the 7 days over...

and with so comments @ this time when its to late to do more he only say us stupid things.

i think the hoster dont care of rofl or the other players here but this can nobody realy say to us and for this we must read storys.

why rofl or other one dont see this earlier if the hoster do something wrong and tell us this when the officetime is over?

haha only haha

How many times will someone have to point out your obvious flaws in not only grammar, but perception and slander, before you shut up and stop embarrassing yourself?

Edited by Slickshot

Ya, agreed. That was a good bit of comic relief from Avilio.

Somehow he's under the impression that the developer is currently enjoying and prolonging these difficulties.

Funny guy all the same.

He sounds just like creed1, exact same language skills too, I think he's merely created another account because too many people had him on ignore..

our own pet troll
try not to waste too many neurons on him, i already responded to him with patience and intelligence, i doubt he even read it.

Warms me cockles to see the support we're showing Rolf, keep it up.

I really really hope we get a new ISP this one's cack

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

That annual report is in swedish kronor. The whole world doesnt run on dollars actually less and less do. you should check ur facts before you start tlaking like an ass.

All fanboys here sorry have fun with hold the hands of rolf but i think rofl do many many fails here the last days.

but have fun with hold there hands and ask him if you can bring him a bear.

and btw he take your money...

dont forgett this is here job and the things he write today are very unreal!

i dont trust them and i think rofl do many fails the last hours today if he only see after the workingtimezone "oh there is something wrong and i cant contact them now"

in germany you are fired if you do so things as a supervisior!

cu