Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Throttling Interface Not Working

All the day comes nothing and if the office time over we hear, "oh we have a smaller hosting as normal we have" so we can do nothing now, there all offline in her offices.

why you dont talk them earlier.

so the first day we have now.

wait for the next storry tomorrow.

Better an unstable connection then no connection at all 

Actually, the opposite is true....  Unstable connections leave too much room for crashes and lost animals and other anomalies.

Shut it down until the connect is stable. 

Actually, the opposite is true....  Unstable connections leave too much room for crashes and lost animals and other anomalies.

Shut it down until the connect is stable. 

Pff shieldtrainin vs a horse in my house is possible and dont do any harm 

Edited by LorenaMontana

I'm not too familiar with hosting companies, but it sounds like this particular one could do some improving on their support staff and means to contact them...

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

Keep the faith.....

Some day we will all be again happy wurmians doing happy wurming. But alas, not today.

Well, there was one good thing that came out of this, I cleaned my car out finally.  LOL  Always a silver lining.

• Like 1

Well, I guess no Wurm on my day off this week. I guess i'll just play any of the other games i own during gametime. In the meantime, I patiently wait for Wurm to return.

what horror for you Rolf.  take some time to shower, grab a brandy,  say hi to your family.  This seems to go from bad to worse..so strap if for the bumpy ride with chocolate in one hand, brandy in the other..and headset attached.  hope this gets sorted in the coming days.  thanks ahead of time .

Edited by Greasygrundle
  • Like 1

"Passes Rolf a cup of herbal tea"

It's good to see you keep everyone very updated, no game I have played before wurm really would give details / explanations. Just a simple "we're currently in downtime, estimate (time) thanks for your patience"

Don't forget to take a nap ;) bet you need it hehe.

Avilio all I've seen you do is complain, and complain in a very poor way to understand.  Almost everyone else has offered positive support to this issue, regardless of how much it sucks.  Please I implore you to read some of the other members' posts, and settle down a bit.  Harboring so much pessimistic feelings and attitude literally does nothing good for you.

So please, enough is enough.

Thank you Rolf for the update!  We'll be up and running soon enough!

• Like 1

Hang in there Rolf.  The majority of us understand that you are as much, or more of a victim in this than we are.  Don't let it get your blood pressure up too much. We're waiting patiently.....**twitch**  

• Like 2

Rolf just wondering worst case scenario is there safe backups of our characters and servers?

Low cost indie game usually means low cost dev team and low cost servers.  I'm, sure for another 5or so euro and no F2P, Rolf could get us better server support.

We can't have everything.

Hang in there Rolf, we'll be here when you get it sorted out.

Seems to be like any other process gotta jump thru hoops, thank you for keeping us informed. even tho we are experiencing downtime and to some it seems A LONG time realistically we have more uptime then ANY other game i have played online and Rolf's communication with the players is phenomenal. I for one thank him greatly for keeping us in the loop and commend him for not getting discouraged. cant wait to get back to Wurming i'm starting to develop this twitch. lol  good luck with getting us going again Rolf!

Edited by Knightmares
  • Like 2

###### if there do nothing all the day long to bring so results.

wer are the idiots can do nothing now for a so ###### work...

and tomorrow the same and if we see its friday

You sound upset.

Seara, on 11 Nov 2013 - 1:54 PM, said:snapback.png

The servers have been turned off again.  No Wurm time is currently passing.

The game is probably catching up on timers due to the downtime which is causing lag. We'll let it run for half an hour but do try to stay away from danger.

Doesn't the last quote (from Rolf in http://forum.wurmonl...up/#entry909273) imply that when the server was brought up earlier and the next time Rolf wakes the server that every single field and animal on ther server will do a Thinner reenactment in double time? as the server tried to make up for all the time that it has been shut down?

As far as I can see both animals, fields, and deeds could be vulnerable to this... I could be missing something in translation, but I'd appreciate a response from a dev or someone else from CodeClub with insight into this...

Still need ans official answer to this... Not sure how many people are aware of this, but from what I see after each server restart in the past (especially the multi restarts for bug fixes) there is additional decay for items, sometimes additional growth ticks on fields.

Avilio all I've seen you do is complain, and complain in a very poor way to understand.  Almost everyone else has offered positive support to this issue, regardless of how much it sucks.  Please I implore you to read some of the other members' posts, and settle down a bit.  Harboring so much pessimistic feelings and attitude literally does nothing good for you.

So please, enough is enough.

Thank you Rolf for the update!  We'll be up and running soon enough!

only if all other say nice things i must say nice things too?

my opinion is another one and so i write this here!

i think we were pissed here.

the hole day we talk for some ###### about some pvp stuff for come back with the server and it is the time over and the most are offline from the office by the hoster we hear the hoster dont give us the complete service!

that cant be true.

i think there are not the realy true informations.

rofl give us 7 day premium back.

he know why he do this.

we will not play befor the 7 days over...

and with so comments @ this time when its to late to do more he only say us stupid things.

i think the hoster dont care of rofl or the other players here but this can nobody realy say to us and for this we must read storys.

why rofl or other one dont see this earlier if the hoster do something wrong and tell us this when the officetime is over?

haha only haha

Edited by avilio
  • Like 1

Just woke up, kind of sad not to see servers up; but I'm kind of excited to try out the crafting window on test server. :)