Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

More On The Chaos Server Situation

tbh idc about the pvp issue at hand on chaos...i think that the servers need to be rolled back to the time of the crash regardless because many players across all servers have things that were going on whether it be animals being moved, pvping, moving materials, and so forth...if the servers are not rolled back then many people will lose horses and other animals, crops that should have been harvested materials would be left out taking decay damage and also if they are not able to login immediately when servers are up then people will be able to take those items that were not able to be stored...i personally was trying to put walls up with my horses setting in a mine temperarily..so they could have starved to death and id rather not lose horses i paid 2s a piece for....without a rollback on all servers alot more people will be disgruntled...as for the pvp event on chaos if a rollback occurs right at the crash time mark then option C can also be put in place so that all of you are able to leave the battlefield without issue....so why not have a combination of option A and C...which would benefit and help all players...because for the first like 6+ after the crash servers were still running we just couldn't login.

Lol as if people are going to ddos now as a means to defend, that's some stupid logic. The server was unstable and laggy since the fifth of November, a shame it went down, but earn your win don't plead to developers to let you leave because you want loot and no risk.

Posteh, I sometimes wonder how you manage to troll people and not get banned like I do. You do realize that the timing and the surprise of the attack was a key factor to the success of this raid. Getting all that people online at the same time is not that easy and the element of surprise is now far gone. JK's will set twigs on the deed , suicide to kyara and the rest of the villages with alts, hand out the twigs and there you go 30 Jenn Kellons ready to push MR back. Someone with your experience sure knows how those things work and we don't have to school you. So please stop pretending.

Roll it back to before the raid, announce a release time so everyone can be online to start over. Everyone has a fair chance.

Edited by Judicator

Posteh, I sometimes wonder how you manage to troll people and not get banned like I do. You do realize that the timing and the surprise of the attack was a key factor to the success of this raid. Getting all that people online at the same time is not that easy and the element of surprise is now far gone. JK's will set twigs on the deed , suicide to kyara and the rest of the villages with alts, hand out the twigs and there you go 30 Jenn Kellons ready to push MR back. Someone with your experience sure knows how those things work and we don't have to school you. So please stop pretending.

Nah just immunity is dumb, you took the risk going there, and players have a right to defend their goods and deeds without lags and crashing which had been happening the entire week. It's no ones fault but immunity only favors one side and isn't fair. Play it out and keep your loot and win, sounds easy to me if you have 40 people like red states.

You wouldn't get a rollback or PvP ban if the servers went down normally. So why now do you get to walk off easily as if nothing ever happened? Doesn't seem unfair that you're taking advanatage of the situation by walking away with stacks of loot because someone decided to bring the servers down?

If you have so many and there's truly no big resistance like you say, go with option D. You can login and walk away because apparently from your view and others you already won and were mid leaving, right? So you can login and continue leaving easily, if you were leaving you should be just fine.

No, because everyone can't login at the same time. Server will most likely start up on a different time in the middle of the week. People work, sleep etc.

You wouldn't get a rollback or PvP ban if the servers went down normally. So why now do you get to walk off easily as if nothing ever happened? Doesn't seem unfair that you're taking advanatage of the situation by walking away with stacks of loot because someone decided to bring the servers down?

This is flawed logic, we would have walked away with loot no matter what. Stop the forum pvp and just realize that you lost. /forum pvp over last post

I wont keep it going, I'm sure you clearly realize that we had about 40 people vs 7 people, if Rolf runs a query in the db he will easily see who is stored in The Damned area. Besides, I have no doubt that you understand the fact that JK not being able to get many people on was part of the plan, an option we have now lost. You just want to play goof and try to get in peoples nerves. Over and out, I wont argue or get trolled by an Epic player that doesnt even have any business in this topic and should have been banned from this forum long time ago.

Roll it back to before the raid, announce a release time so everyone can be online to start over. Everyone has a fair chance.

No, because then they would know we are coming, duh.

This is flawed logic, we would have walked away with loot no matter what. Stop the forum pvp and just realize that you lost. /forum pvp over last post

OK so why do you need to have a PvP ban and/or keep corpses if you can just walk away with your loot?

D could be fairest as it is an equaliser, JK get chance to kill some stragglers and feel better about loot they lost :)

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Fair for everyone.

D could be fairest as it is an equaliser, JK get chance to kill some stragglers and feel better about loot they lost :)

That gives them a chance to assemble the whole kingdom and wait for the left behind MR's though, something that would never happen if the server didn't crash. But I'd rather take D then A.

I wont keep it going, I'm sure you clearly realize that we had about 40 people vs 7 people,

numbers keep changing throughout the thread, lol

First it was 30 vs 10 + alts and possibly more on their way, now its 40 vs 7 or 8 with everyone else logged off

Now that, is flawed logic. You expect you could've just walked away. perhaps you could've. However, that didn't happen. I can sit and say I would've killed all 30 - 40 (or is it 50 already) mr as they were headed back home no matter what, but the servers went down!

Thing is, it didn't happen, so coding / ruling the server to that assumption is silly.

numbers keep changing throughout the thread, lol

First it was 30 vs 10 + alts and possibly more on their way, now its 40 vs 7 or 8 with everyone else logged off

Now that, is flawed logic. You expect you could've just walked away. perhaps you could've. However, that didn't happen. I can sit and say I would've killed all 30 - 40 (or is it 50 already) mr as they were headed back home no matter what, but the servers went down!

Thing is, it didn't happen, so coding / ruling the server to that assumption is silly.

Based off the past precedent of GoTL, LoG, and your poor turn out at the damned, we were going to wreck that deed. Sorry, but those are the facts.

Crazy how people think they should be entitled to walk away with everything unhindered. Option D at the minimum

• Like 1

I wont keep it going, I'm sure you clearly realize that we had about 40 people vs 7 people, if Rolf runs a query in the db he will easily see who is stored in The Damned area. Besides, I have no doubt that you understand the fact that JK not being able to get many people on was part of the plan, an option we have now lost. You just want to play goof and try to get in peoples nerves. Over and out, I wont argue or get trolled by an Epic player that doesnt even have any business in this topic and should have been banned from this forum long time ago.

I agree! Here's the thing if you truly were leaving and going out would be off deed, I would say immunity is fine had you been half way home but you aren't. Your still mid raid and raiding as on deed, meaning that it's only fair defenders get their full chance no matter what odds to defend without lag and ddosing. There's no proof or evidence anyone was leaving especially if there's logs of looting and people are still physically on deed.

So let Rolf do a query who's on deed still and it'll show the raid was ongoing not leaving.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

It's funny how Release players get called carebears for not being interested in this sort of crying over PvP. The ones who make the most noise are the losers, so their cries must be heard with a grain of salt. 'Part of PvP' they say, until something negatively affects them. Let MR have their spoils, JK can get it back later - if they can

Option F - Rollback all servers to the last maintenance restart from before the attack, the last planned maintenance restart that had notification in-game.

Everyone who was not online is presumably in a safe place.  Everyone who was on had the usual 10 minute warning to get to safety.

Even if this was as far back as Tuesday of last week - yes, everyone will have lost things, lost time, lost skills, etc., I won't be happy about that either - but it does put everyone on an equal playing field.  Solves the raid issue, solves everyone else's issue whether they be PvE or PvP, avoids decay/harvesting/whatever that people are complaining about, and more.  And, the reason I mention Tuesday (though I assume there are more recent saves from like Thursday or Friday, but I have no idea), is that we all did get 7 days of premium time - so, in essence, from a business standpoint, no harm, no foul.

Everyone equally pissed off, at any rate...for whatever that's worth.  It's what I've seen other games do in the past when there was extended downtime to avoid these kind of polarizing "one side vs. the other" or "I lost my shinies" or whatnot.

I don't like it either, a ton of work between Tuesday and Saturday that I would need to re-do - but, again, it's even-handed.  

OR, we all accept, like adults, like real life, that unexpected, sometimes devastating, sometimes tragic, sometimes wonderful ###### happens, and move on from wherever the server is at when it comes back up, without the need for further ado.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure

I agree! Here's the thing if you truly were leaving and going out would be off deed, I would say immunity is fine had you been half way home but you aren't. Your still mid raid and raiding as on deed, meaning that it's only fair defenders get their full chance no matter what odds to defend without lag and ddosing. There's no proof or evidence anyone was leaving especially if there's logs of looting and people are still physically on deed.

I tried to get out of deed for a good couple of minutes. I ran out, everything was refreshing, then poof, I was back inside. There was no way to get out, and I kept doing so until the server shut down completely.

There are probably people who died from guards, they should for sure get their stuff back or the enemy kingdom can just take a walk in their deed and collect.

I've been monitoring this thread. Seems like MR had a very well thought-out raid planned, hitting JK when they were weakest. MR would've been successful against such small numbers but the servers ###### the bed and now we're here. Let MR walk, they had the advantage then and should have it now, shouldn't they? It's not really fair to ruin the main strength of the raid.

I've been monitoring this thread. Seems like MR had a very well thought-out raid planned, hitting JK when they were weakest. MR would've been successful against such small numbers but the servers ###### the bed and now we're here. Let MR walk, they had the advantage then and should have it now, shouldn't they? It's not really fair to ruin the main strength of the raid.

Yeah registered today and first post, doesn't sound fishy at all.