Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

More On The Chaos Server Situation

This is accurate, when it started lagging terribly, we were all ordered off deed, most of us dont know how far we got, becasue the client would reload and we pinged back to the same place as before >.<

I can confirm everything mentioned here

[22:12:32] Blinksyrevived lost link.

[22:12:32] Caoimhe lost link.

[22:12:32] Blinksyrevived reconnected.

[22:12:32] Roman lost link.

[22:12:53] Roman reconnected.

[22:12:53] Darknicholas lost link.

[22:12:53] Sporkier lost link.

[22:12:53] Febur lost link.

[22:12:53] Jools lost link.

[22:12:53] Zarmazarmaex lost link.

[22:12:53] Darknicholas reconnected.

[22:12:53] Finnishpkt reconnected.

[22:12:53] Febur reconnected.

[22:12:53] Jools reconnected.

[22:12:53] Sporkier reconnected.

[22:12:53] Cita lost link.

[22:12:59] Zarmazarmaex reconnected.

[22:12:59] Cita reconnected.

[22:13:02] Jberg gets a Jenn Kellon kingdom banner. <--------you were leaving? wut....

[22:13:02] Jberg gets a banner.

[22:13:02] Finnishpkt lost link.

[22:13:04] Doctorchaos lost link.

[22:13:07] Doctorchaos reconnected.

[22:13:07] Kingen left the world.

[22:13:08] Docterchese lost link.

[22:13:12] Docterchese reconnected.

[22:13:15] Serpentgal left the world.

[22:13:51] Achillea reconnected.

[22:13:53] Jberg lost link.

[22:13:54] Doctorchaos lost link.

[22:13:59] Jberg reconnected.

[22:13:59] Caoimhe reconnected.

[22:14:04] Zarmazarmaex lost link.

[22:14:04] Doctorchaos reconnected.

[22:14:04] Serpentgal has logged in.

[22:14:08] Docterchese lost link.

[22:14:08] Zarmazarmaex reconnected.

[22:14:08] Febur lost link.

[22:14:16] Febur reconnected.

[22:16:52] Febur reconnected.

[22:16:53] Mcdaniel reconnected.

[22:16:53] Melros lost link.

[22:16:53] Doctorchaos lost link.

[22:16:57] Roman lost link.

[22:16:57] Kernelleonessar lost link.

[22:16:57] Nightfall reconnected.

[22:16:57] Mcdaniel lost link.

[22:16:57] Fo commands the Son of Nogumps.

[22:16:57] Some Son of Nogump arrive.

[22:16:57] Caoimhe reconnected.

[22:16:57] Roman reconnected.

[22:16:58] Mcdaniel reconnected.

[22:17:01] Finnishpkt reconnected.

[22:17:01] Melros reconnected.

[22:17:01] Sporkier reconnected.

[22:17:01] Serpentgal reconnected.

how do you explain Jberg picking flags when everyone else is lagging out, obviously some people weren't in a rush to leave.

how do you explain Jberg picking flags when everyone else is lagging out, obviously some people weren't in a rush to leave.

Boredom :D 

• Like 2

God damn it Jberg. You just had to take that last banner didn't you.

I also tried to lead a horse while I was skedaddling, and I think Nad might have tried to pick up a hota statue, if it helps your case. Rofl.

• Like 1

Maurizio you cant say you do mutch just the wooden village

Its still not the point how far raids had gotten. Like I said a roll back would actually benefit more for us due to some mechanic issues but the surprise and point behind it would also be lost.

Doesn't option C just really favor attackers? They just freely get to walk away with a pvp ban when defenders were having same lag issues, sure put a pvp ban on if all loot is returned otherwise Rolf you're just giving away valuables that people aren't allowed to stop.

anything that would happen after the crash is speculation. i can say we would have killed all of you and walked away with all the loot in all the houses as well as everything the defenders were wearing. whether we would have made it out with no issues or not means nothing at this point. at this point all that matters is what happened. we got what we got. since the crash happened that is where it should end.

• Like 2

STOP CRYING ABOUT UR ABILITY TO DEFEND! THERE WAS NOTHING YOU CAN DO WITH 8 PPL AGAINST 31 AND W/O ANY ARTIFACT AND UR GATEHOP HOUSE BEIGN CATAPULTED AFTER 2 MINUTES!

Just go with option D. There's going to be no real way to sort it out when both sides want something different. D is fair to everyone and MR is happy to be responsible for those logged off by the deed and securing their safety.

• Like 2

My point is that it lets people walk away with loot in a situation where players lagged too hard to defend properly, and may have if there wasn't a ddos. People want option C because it lets them walk away with loot for free with no risk, which isn't the fairest option. Jut do option D, it's by far the fairest as everyone suffered but do to let people just walk away with other's loot.

• Like 1

STOP CRYING ABOUT UR ABILITY TO DEFEND! THERE WAS NOTHING YOU CAN DO WITH 8 PPL AGAINST 31 AND W/O ANY ARTIFACT AND UR GATEHOP HOUSE BEIGN CATAPULTED AFTER 2 MINUTES!

if played right 8 people can definitely get atleast 1 kill. and as you said you were retreating, plenty of MR in plate that were slowed down, we could have picked him off.

this is my last post in this discussion, I say GMs lock this thread so no one can continue to spam this thread. the decision isn't even up to us atm, so why bother posting recommendations?

you couldnt kill anyone w/o dieying. Someone in plate can take a beating from 8 ppl while the rest of 30 are focusing on 1 person that will die in 2 seconds.

Boredom :D

Lmao, If A happens, I'd give this guy the banner just because he made my day. xD

• Like 1

The defenders logged off about 10mins before the DOS attack, having gatehopped for a bit. Alts may have been left online to watch what was happening, but there was no pvp for at least 10mins before the lag actually hit and by that time we had already looted. So please don't use lag as your excuse for not defending... Perhaps there was a force on the way but when the DOS attacked happened no one was fighting

Option D. I'd love option A of course but it's a bit unfair to MR as they didn't want the servers to go down either right? Yes it means they have to coordinate logging in again, but it's still fairer than management deciding in anyone's favour one way or another regarding a server crash situation that is out of anyone's control...

There was lag all week prior to ddos and servers going down, several disconnects all over.

Being able to raid a deed and then putting a ban on pvp so the raiders can walk away safely is just silly lol.

Surely you can agree?

• Like 1

lag-week.png

Very little lag between early Wednesday morning and the DDoS attack.

inb4 graphs are unreliable.

Edited by ZarmaZarma
  • Like 1

This all comes down to chronological order of events.

MR was at this deed for multiple hours before the Jk force showed.

After the first crash, Saroman arrived exactly as the server came back up. He started saving as much loot as possible. We have logs I wont bother posting of him saving loot.

Gavin changed the capital of JK (Broken) and they had a force of 8 people spawn/ ride in to the areas local.

We then had them in their main courtyard building, and they hopped us for 30 min while we catapulted it down.

They then ran from local, retreating in fear (I seen tears) Leaving only the real fighters of JK. Gav and Serpentgal (Free Alts), who were very brave, stayed around to watch.

After we had the JK mains logging off on friends list, , in the midst of our very profitable raid. 8 Min later The server crashed and here we are.

We don't have your mind read, but I think it is safe to say we won.

Pick option D and lets man up and do this ladies.

Edited by Rolandt
  • Like 1

Option E - Specify a time for starting the server and spawn everyone that logged in on friday (even people who weren't there) who have over 70 FS in one area and lets all duke it out...Yolo?

Edited by Daolin
  • Like 7

Option D, leave the game as always been, don't help factions.

No rollback.  Start it up and lets continue where we left off.

Edited by Umbranik
  • Like 1

you werent an attacker so you dont have a say

Anyone with a character on chaos should have a say regardless :)

No one else unrelated to raid should suffer due to your raid

• Like 3