Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

More On The Chaos Server Situation

This is the information I have:

The server went down during a heavy raid.

I have ordered my GMs to decide on the proper course of action.

There are a couple of alternatives

A) Rollback

B ) Let attackers return under the safety of PvP ban

C) Let attackers return under the safety of PvP ban and return corpses

D) Do nothing

I have been given a lot of contradicting information and have no possibility to sort it out as my main concern is and should be to ensure that the game comes online. If it doesn't, this discussion is pretty pointless anyways.

We will wait for feedback from the GMs who have to sort the situation out. If they do not come up with a ruling I will go for alternative D and just start the servers in its latest state.

• Like 3

most important is get the game stable and everyone able to logon and play

I don't believe any of the attackers died during this raid.

EDIT: Except Vegetapoi, he glitched into a wall and somehow died. It was not PVP related.

Edited by RomaN

Anything but option A and we'll deal with it. Rollback would be incredibly unfair on everyone. I'd prefer a pvp ban to give both sides the ability to end the raid at the exact time when it did in fact end. We of MR wouldnt be able to log in and continue raiding immediately and the defenders in JK wouldn't be able to wall in and kill off MR players who log in trying to get away from the deed they were disconnected on.

• Like 4

Maybe a week long 2x skill experience event might be good? I died a few times due to the lag so that would help me regain my lost skills and then some as well as encouraging more activity/playing within Wurm.

My opinion is that A is entirely uncalled for, and that D will result in complete carnage. People will log on en masse, as quickly and as many as they can, and the stragglers will likely be left to die. Either of those options seems unacceptable because they completely violate the concept of fair play. Nonetheless, I would rather take D than A, with B and C being the fairest options. I hope the GM team comes up with a similar solution, or at least something that is fair to both sides.

Edited by ZarmaZarma
  • Like 2

Pleaaase Rolf, the magnitude of this decision is far greater then anyone realises.

Anything but option A and we'll deal with it. Rollback would be incredibly unfair on everyone. I'd prefer a pvp ban to give both sides the ability to end the raid at the exact time when it did in fact end. We of MR wouldnt be able to log in and continue raiding immediately and the defenders in JK wouldn't be able to wall in and kill off MR players who log in trying to get away from the deed they were disconnected on.

I agree that option C is the most sensible and fairest option for both sides.

B or C! unfair if our hard work will be rolled back. We got in and got loot BEFORE the crash.

Tape the letters A and D on a coin and flip it, then start the servers choosing the option decided upon by the coin?

It isn't fair to the other residents on the server who were unaffected by this raid to be further penalised by downtime because of it.

• Like 2

I think D, as it will make the drama continue and get more posts to read, A was pretty dramatic but also seemed unfair so not that option.

Edited by Rushy

Tape the letters A and D on a coin and flip it, then start the servers choosing the option decided upon by the coin?

It isn't fair to the other residents on the server who were unaffected by this raid to be further penalised by downtime because of it.

you werent an attacker so you dont have a say

Wouldn't A affect everyone on the server, especially those who were not present?

Is there a way to roll back all the servers but the one that was raiding?  I am on Inde and was in the middle of repairing a wall where my animals were kept.  We prevented a couple from leaving.  But if you do not roll back the server to the point the server went down then I will lose all my animals.  And that is not fair to me just like it is not fair to those raiding.

I am sorry I guess i am being selfish but I want to see a rollback at least on Inde

Yes, please just worry about getting things sorted. One PvP event on one server is not worth your time.

Then the BL guys need not lose any progress they've made with skill and tower caps or unfortunate deaths that resulted from being disconnected next to enemy towers... therefore C is the best option for everyone.

restart all the rest of the servers.

Then leave Chaos down for a week until the player base decides what it wants to do.

If they cant decide in a week, leave it shut down forever.

• Like 5

Wouldn't A affect everyone on the server, especially those who were not present?

Yes, it affects everyone, making it one of the more "fair" (even if painful) options, IMO.

• Like 1

@Popetypon.. you must be joking.

I think the only realistic option is C. There is nothing you can do here, you can complain things are unfair but the server crashed in a raid, this CANT be solved fair.

Best you can do is start the server, immideatly have a GM move to the location that is being raided, let people get their corpses (or let GM move them out) and deal with it. Unlucky, it happens, nobody predicted wurm would be down for 2 days.

You might say "but we could have taken more stuff", well, nothing can be done to that.

Why not the other options:?

A: Wouldn't be fair for people that grinded, and for the loot MR has gained in those hours of raiding (and the damage they have done)

B: If the server wouldn't have crashed they could savely have recovered the bodies of their fallen members, or maybe they wouldn't have died by the lag at all

D: That's going to be a mess.

• Like 3

b or d as on Friday 7 of us pushed a sailboat a long way to the water and it took us 4 hours

• Like 1

Discussing the proper action sounds good. I'm still think this is like if there is a high stake dota / lol tournament and suddenly lights out.. and judges have to decide of:

1. deciding the most kills win, dismissing that the losing side might turn the tide. (option B and C)

2. deciding to restart the match, dismissing that the losing side might learn how to handle the winning side now. (option A)

On such match, if the match continued right on where it left, it is possible, as everyone involved would be there. On wurm case tho, the online time of people matters a ton so the option D would result on more drama.

Yeach the most important is to get servers online again and let us play :)

• Like 2