Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Update Regarding Pvp And Chaos

The ban on PvP remains in place for now but I have tried to revert Chaos to friday afternoon between 16 and 17 Swedish time. This should put everyone back safe in their positions. I will bring up the Chaos servers once we have resolved the situation with why the other servers are very slow.

• Like 5

Wait, letting everybody go home wasn't ideal, you had to remove hours of work done before any problem's had arisen in the first place?

so basically you're saying all the organization we put into massing people together for a raid was useless and all the loot we gained fair and square is gone? 

• Like 4

PvPers aka laggers :P

Could also hold back indy since it's so big if that helps other servers.

Its okay, forum pvp is always better anyway, we'll make do ;)

• Like 1

rustled jimmies everywhere

thanks for the update rolf :)

This isn't "fourm PvP" it's just a case of certain people generally getting what they want, always

speaking from all position of all the people who are stuck on an enemy deed on chaos.. i'd say that none of us want things reverted. we just want corpses to be made safe. 

Noone needs a rollback at all, all that does is screw over everyone for all the lost time and effort. The no-pvp ruling is enough to give everyone the ability to get out of danger, not to mention that if you only roll back players we'll all lose our horses and gear....and boats.

Edited by Nadroj

What Rolf has essentially done is reversed all the effort we put into the raid and returned the raided loot back to the players. Loot that we legitimately earned, loot that the enemy failed to protect.

I am deeply appalled by this rollback.

• Like 1

lol@ the qq's above, for real. Enough said.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 1

Very unfortunate when  the defender's all logged out about 5 minutes before the first waves hit. :ph34r:

Edited by AnarchistRise

We shouldn't be getting punished for what happened to the server. We even got the damn loot out of there the moment the server started lagging. It's a huge slap in the face to hours of effort and organisation.

• Like 1

As I said, unfortunate.

Guess you'll just have to do it again? o:

• Like 2

What exactly is a rollback supposed to achieve here, what good can it possibly do? 

It does no good except to repair a raided deed for defenders who didn't defend and take loot away from raiders who earned it fairly. Wasting a huge number of man hours and ensuring that any follow up raid would obviously be expected and defended against. 

Please. Someone explain to me what possible good side there is to this rollback without bias?

this better not ###### happen giving ###### smug JK basards something to laugh about.

• Like 1

Stop whining about it i'm glad the server will be soon running, thy now what thy r doing.

• Like 1

FFS I stayed awake for more than 24 hours just to wait forthe server to go back and hel our guys with a raid. I dont want the loot back to the JK just because they are pussies and complained about it.

The servers didn't start lagging until WELL after we'd gotten inside the deed and collected masses of loot, when they did start lagging we gave all the loot to one player who we told to recall home. It was all removed from the area as soon as the lag became apparent.

There is not one single good reason to rollback the server, all it does is serve to screw over about 35 paying premium customers.

so basically you're saying all the organization we put into massing people together for a raid was useless and all the loot we gained fair and square is gone? 

Dude... ffs, not everybody on chaos Is going to be happy. If Rolf makes a special exception for you he pisses off other chaos people.

Be happy the servers are even up again. 

• Like 1

Leaf why the hell do you even care about this? As I can see you are playing on freedom so dont dare to post here.