Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Slow Connection

[05:49:49] <Darkmalice> I.....see....buildings!

never thought I'd be so happy to see a building instead of a tree.

[05:51:12] You start removing weeds and otherwise put the field in good order.

Must......tend......fields. >_>

Edited by Druidnature

I stood outside... Gah! Was horrible out there! Wind, and rain and stuff.. Bah Must get back inside wurm!

10 minutes, still can't move, barely can see my forges lol Yeah I think I'll hold off :P  I hope whoever thinks this is a prank ends up married to a 7 foot 300lb man by the name of Habib for the next decade.

I am stuck in the air above water with no stamina and food is low and for once I have an amazing FPS hehe pretty much I think cause all I see is water..hopefully I can be dropped back into my deed and not forever floating.  Just one of the odd things seen when hoping the game works.  Will try later hopefully. :)

So starvation and decay are back on? Anyone know how long a horse on packed dirt can live? I have four 5-speeds parked where we were working and they can't graze.

* Hey Rolf- If my favorite horse dies, can you see about getting me an outrunner from BL2? Rocket launcher option please. Color doesn't matter.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Outrunner?file=Outrunner.jpg

[05:48:48] A young deer grazes.

[05:57:01] The field is now groomed.

So yup, there eating again. lol

Yeah, do not logon when you're in dangerous territory. "Slow connection" is a bit of an euphemism - it's more like you get a few bytes data every other hour. :)

[11:44:53] Welcome back, Eobersig! Serenity has been waiting for you.

[12:04:49] You are no longer invulnerable.

Edited by Eobersig

Kind of batshit to keep the servers even running right now?  or is this not a new thought? *shock*

by slow servers they mean they basicall frozen and unplayable, server should be shut down till this resolved :-(

animals with a good reserve of fat, don't just die from starvation in a day...

Animals and farm fields are just as important to some people as PvP.  We can't take care of these time sensitive features right now and the servers a progressing time forward anyway.

-- Feed bins that can supply food to animals for months. The bins limit food supply so its just enough to keep them at or slightly below fat. Animals eating from piles of seed on the ground eat far more than they need too.

-- Hybridization process for farm seed. One of the kinds you can discover is a variety that never turns to weeds! 

I succeeded in gettingss my horses out of the cave and onto grass.  Can't get them up the ramp tho to put them away. I'm satisfied for now, will get ready for work and hope everything is resolved by the time I get home :)

I succeeded in gettingss my horses out of the cave and onto grass.  Can't get them up the ramp tho to put them away. I'm satisfied for now, will get ready for work and hope everything is resolved by the time I get home :)

your lucky you can move at all, lot use are 'locked' in place and no building where they should be etc

i was on darkness.. didnt find any target point and inventory empy.. waiting some hours before i try again :P

I think the less people try to connect and play now - the easier for Rolf to fix everything.

Try to be patient and let admins fix the server and connection.

The server is totally unplayable right now, anyway.

• Like 1

When I logged in, I saw horses, rocks, trees, birds. . . everything, really. However, my inventory will not load. I can still move around, jump for joy (in my own mind) and enjoy the fact that I'm alive in the Wurm. 

Only time will tell. :P

A few hours ago I could see some of my horses, some buildings and I could move.  I could not use my inventory or go through doors.  I logged off until now and now I am stuck in an ocean with constant rain and no structures/animals at all.  I tried two chars and both had the same result.  I am not sure why it is now so much worse than before, but hope it is fixed by tomorrow as when I was able to see some things a few hours ago I could see so many untended fields and my cart was stuck on a packed tile, as I could not move it before the downtime due to extreme lag issues.  Good luck to everyone working on the issue :)

Edited by Pinky

Everything was working fine for me.. i was chopping wood, building my house, making nails and a bit of farming..  to bad he has to restart the server.. 

Logged in to see if I could get some farming done, just after I loaded got the msg servers going down in 10 min.

For the short time I was in I could see my horses and livestock if anyone was worried about that.

No, normal connectivity has not yet been restored. 

I want to applaud Seara during this for keeping us regularly updated and alerting to new posts from Rolf regarding the situation. Thank you Seara, you have been good to us.

• Like 2

Um......what about peoples deeds who are being disbanded during this time....

OR is upkeep time frozen while the servers have been down for days on end???

Edited by Protunia

Any chance the servers could be turned off again? My foul was due to be fed the day the server went down[i feed every 3 days...] so... yeah... Any chance of all animals, until the servers are fixed, no food ticks?

I finally got off the computer last night.... 

There was this strange woman in the house claiming to be my wife, along with 2 kids which are apparently mine.  Has this happened to anyone else during downtime?  Any known fixes? 

• Like 5