Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Slow Connection

You may want to hold off trying to play until further notice because we seem to be throttled beneath our usage. Or the attack is still in progress but then I'd expect the internet provider to block us again. I have contacted the hosting company regarding the issue.

• Like 11

dam noooo   :wacko:
tryd to log stayd @ loading :(

Edited by Naabs

Yeah I'm going to try again in few hours when things settle up!

Thanks Rolf.

Shop at Led-Mart when you can! :P

You can do it Rolf, hang in there, and ill send you some dye for the inevitable grey hairs you have developed over the weekend :P

• Like 3

You can do it Rolf, hang in there, and ill send you some dye for the inevitable grey hairs you have developed over the weekend :P

Make it red. :P

Edit: I highly suggest not logging in atm either, I didn't have any issues except not being able to do anything at all, but if your in a danger zone......Not sure how that's gonna work out. heh

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

Somebody out there really hates wurm X_X

Any way to somewhat locate where these ddos attacks come from?

Just wanted to thank you personally for keeping us well informed during this whole mess, Rolf.

I am sure you're catching abuse left and right due to the servers doing down, regardless of the fact it was well beyond your control.  You no more wanted a DDoS to happen than anyone else did, but these things occur.  Keeping folks informed as to what was going on is appreciated.

Cheers,

Duce

• Like 10

Take the time you need Rolf. I'll see you all later on after work.

Best of luck, Tim

Yea something seriously wrong, when i logged in I didn't recongnise where I was, then i realise i was where i logged out but they was no building or fencer or anything man made apart from paving, I then thought i head down hill to see if Blossom was there still (Prestine server) and as i did i hit point where the ground ceased to exist and in distance was building in the ocean

Was kind of neat..for a few short minutes I had 'water front property' and a good reason to build a boat where I normally have no water nearby :) 

Hope you get a lot of rest after this Rolf you deserve it for sure.  Thanks for updating us about everything you can, alot of other companies wouldn't do that. :)

You may want to hold off trying to play until further notice because we seem to be throttled beneath our usage. Or the attack is still in progress but then I'd expect the internet provider to block us again. I have contacted the hosting company regarding the issue.

If a hosts only option is to block paying customers from accessing there services as a means of defense from a ddos attack, i would take this bit of advice and find a new host that will offer actual protection, instead of a lightswitch attached to an ethernet cable.

Thanks for everything you have done so far thou Rolf.

• Like 4

Just wanted to thank you personally for keeping us well informed during this whole mess, Rolf.

I am sure you're catching abuse left and right due to the servers doing down, regardless of the fact it was well beyond your control.  You no more wanted a DDoS to happen than anyone else did, but these things occur.  Keeping folks informed as to what was going on is appreciated.

Cheers,

Duce

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

So far, I have no token, my fences are gone, my live stock is pretty much missing, my deed is 3/4 under water (though being a mermaid could be fun), haven't had any possibility to check sleep bonus and premium time because nothing works, but I CAN SEE WURM!

Thank you for the compensation (yup, I asked to be compensated for the time and money I was losing), but it is way too much in my opinion, nobody lost (yet!) 7 days of premium; it still is a very generous compensation, and much appreciated.

Hopefully the game will be fully playable soon enough!

If a hosts only option is to block paying customers from accessing there services as a means of defense from a ddos attack, i would take this bit of advice and find a new host that will offer actual protection, instead of a lightswitch attached to an ethernet cable.

Thanks for everything you have done so far thou Rolf.

This ISP is one of europes biggest. They do have DDOS mitigation services. But they do also charge for them. Since I have dealings with them in other areas, I'm pretty sure it's not very cheap...

So far, I have no token, my fences are gone, my live stock is pretty much missing, my deed is 3/4 under water (though being a mermaid could be fun), haven't had any possibility to check sleep bonus and premium time because nothing works, but I CAN SEE WURM!

Thank you for the compensation (yup, I asked to be compensated for the time and money I was losing), but it is way too much in my opinion, nobody lost (yet!) 7 days of premium; it still is a very generous compensation, and much appreciated.

Hopefully the game will be fully playable soon enough!

Agreed on the above and beyond generous! And I love that there are still people on the servers sticking it out to get messages across in 2-4 minutes lol.

Why the @*%^# is someone DDOSing Wurm ...

Why the @*%^# is someone DDOSing Wurm ...

It's not wurm it's his ISP they are attacking.

Conspiracy time....it's actually his ISP attacking themselves to get more people to pay for ddos protection!

Nevermind. Time will tell I guess.

Edited by AlexLong

Fingers crossed. Does anyone know if the traders have been ticking over during the down time?

Does the lag eventually let up?  I logged in at 4:11 central time, and its now 4:40 and I still can't activate anything.  I'm in a cave with my horses, just trying to get them out.

I deleted 180gb of trash from my computer, i vacuumed all the dust from teh inside of my computer, i ran out of things to do...

• Like 1