Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Minor Status Update

come with your realchar posting or shut up!

cu forum

Someone please translate wtf he is saying,

• Like 2

well it is almost Monday for Rolf  wish him to be well rested and best of luck getting Wurm back online Cheers!

• Like 1

Someone please translate wtf he is saying,

He is referring to Mordraug as a toon that was created for the sole purpose of responding against him, so he is saying use his real account to post against him instead of creating a new one as a disguise. And is now he is logging out of the forums.

He is referring to Mordraug as a toon that was created for the sole purpose of responding against him, so he is saying use his real account to post against him instead of creating a new one as a disguise. And is now he is logging out of the forums.

The fact you understand that lol just means you've dealt with some horrible grammar before xD

Well, alt or not, I liked what he said. :)

edit: Mordraug, that is, not Creed1

Edited by Amadee

does htat mean if the games down for the week all are stuff wil be dead and destroied becasue of decay rates

does htat mean if the games down for the week all are stuff wil be dead and destroied becasue of decay rates

no they have shut down the servers completely now so that no time ingame is lost

As far I can see is that the company that host wurm servers are Hetzner? http://www.hetzner.de/ And what I can see they are very cheap and not very popular in googles searches. Well I think Wurm crew have to be thinking about this kind of things. It wont happen big games such as world of warcraft. And wurm is growing right? great game but this is not acceptable unfortunatly.

As far I can see is that the company that host wurm servers are Hetzner? http://www.hetzner.de/ And what I can see they are very cheap and not very popular in googles searches. Well I think Wurm crew have to be thinking about this kind of things. It wont happen big games such as world of warcraft. And wurm is growing right? great game but this is not acceptable unfortunatly.

I think the complaints here about the downtime and the subsequent suggestions are warranted.

Complaining about other peoples complaints are the only pointless responses I've read so far.

• Like 2

They are hosting the webservers, the game servers are being hosted in Sweden by a swedish company in the town where Rolf lives. I am too lazy to find their name right now.

is this the end of Wurm Online as we know it?!

No. It is not the first time it has happened either, last time the website and forums had to be rebuilt.

Wurm won't die, it will just return stronger than ever.

PS;

Rolf, hang in there and I hope the culprits can be tracked down and held responsible for their actions.

well it is almost Monday for Rolf  wish him to be well rested and best of luck getting Wurm back online Cheers!

Almost?

It's 9pm here, in Europe, Sunday.

Company meeting will not start earlier than 9am - so 12h to go for talk about this problem, more to solve it.

PS: datacenter (for login server at least) Abexeo/Exeo AB in Motala, Sweden.

Edited by Kitsunenobaka

Glad for the update, Keep them coming :)

On a side note, It sucks when you just got a new computer, and the only thing you had installed is wurm....... >_<

Food, shelter, electricity and wurm... the basic needs of life.  I am certainly going through Wurm withdrawal! :(   Good luck in getting things up and running soon.  

They are hosting the webservers, the game servers are being hosted in Sweden by a swedish company in the town where Rolf lives. I am too lazy to find their name right now.

No. It is not the first time it has happened either, last time the website and forums had to be rebuilt.

Wurm won't die, it will just return stronger than ever.

PS;

Rolf, hang in there and I hope the culprits can be tracked down and held responsible for their actions.

Yeah, I googled ddos Sweden and looks like a few in Sweden have been getting hit the last couple months.  I'll just be glad when someone finally manages to create a way to track down these kinds of attacks.  That's where my anger is directed, not at any of the victims. Rolf and his hosting company are as much victims as the rest of us.  More actually.  I think the perpetrators should all be shot, bound, gagged, and thrown in the ocean.  Not necessarily in that order.  lol

Brand new player on Exodus, been eyeing this game for years finally took the plunge.  (Shameless advert: looking for village to place my hut in, then I'll gladly put a few dozen hours of terraforming/paving to earn my newbie keep.. it'll help me level anyways)

Joined... 4.. 5 days ago... Subscribed the day before DDoS and went to bed shortly after.

Cursed LOUDLY upon noticing the servers were down and louder when I noticed it was a DDoS attack.  

As for the script kiddies doing this, congrats.  Now imma help promote this game so it can afford having your sorry behinds blocked at the press of a few keys ^_^  (And with some luck occasionally tracked down).

Gaming pedigree, starting 1988 on my Atari 2600.. Online 1997, tried dozens of games from MUD to indie to corporate to asian p2w.  First time I see a game's creator updating people like a "lowly" CM btw, major kudoes.

Build my own PC's, permanently on Linux and gaming just fine kthx =P

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 1

Creed will you please shut up.  I've read several posts of yours already, and all you are doing is complaining about Wurm Online and the server company Rolf and the team contract.  This is not a thread to discuss your irrational feelings, poor grammar, or  to "teach" everyone the principles of keeping this game running and gathering player base.  Please take your thoughts on such matters to another thread, and leave this thread for updates and player questions/support concerning the down-time.  Thank you.

With that being said, bummer on the extended down time, but hopefully Monday or Tuesday we'll be up and running with no other ramifications in the foreseeable future.  Thanks for the update team.

No

I have my opinion and say this here.

so many think the same but for all fanboys here nobody will write this here for the reposts will incomming for "flame not the game"...

read it or dont read it.

i have the same rights here do my opinion like the other onw here do!

• Like 1

to all the dudes saying there is no one working at the data center - of course there are people there, but as previously pointed out it's all down to money saving SLA's - and that's something most companies won't pay properly for. And let me add that type of 24/7 support is very very very expensive.... and it's not like the tech guy at the center not wanting to help, heck i bet he would appreciate having something to do but rather him being told "no you don't, they are not covered by SLA."

Creed... 

This summed a lot up nice and simple regarding DDoS.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/03/dns_reflection_ddos_amplification_hacker_method/

And just to give you an idea of the costs involved to block DDoS on demand.  Judging from the amount of players I got to see online summing all the servers.... ehm ouch?  Way I see it the extra publicity might be just what is needed (I see a self-defeating script kiddie out there.. hello you.. u mad?)  ((no, not calling creed the ddos'er for the record)).

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?s=ad5faf3c73b1e3db71a4ae09b5145ef8&p=7320181&postcount=8

Edited by Mordraug

Seriously creed1, making a new account and continuing your rant isn't going to work, please stop.