Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Minor Status Update

Yeah I've thought of plenty of ideas for the Fort I'm working on making for Sass on the hillside next to Rad harbor lol. Some nice ideas for sure. But first gotta get back in there and finish up the mining oporation lol after feeding those poor starving animals of ours o.o

Luckily The server time stopped after the first day of downtime so your animals should be fine

and usually what i need done is easily done, when there are more than just one person working on them...... oh well i play solo gotta do everything on my own

Also that many people on server its lagging.

If you notice, the same exact thing that was happening to us on the main servers is happening on test. 

Smells like a DDoS, feels like a DDoS... we have ourselves a disgruntled (ex)player.

So, just wondering if the servers were stopped then since no one can get on to tend to their fields and animals, or will there just be a roll back?

So, just wondering if the servers were stopped then since no one can get on to tend to their fields and animals, or will there just be a roll back?

Said numerous times that they're stopped, frozen, but the first day they were down still went by (IIRC.)

Well guys.. time for a little Wurm Offline.. Ima go smash my neighbors house down. :)

I've already destroyed 4 surrounding my house, I've informed my neighbors that I intend to replace their houses with fields of wemp and potato.

I've processed all the neighborhood pets, and i've been working on some HFC. Pretty soon I intend to expand my house both outwards and upwards, I was thinking 11 stories.

I got in a dispute with a neighbor over a guard tower, I've drained their token and catapulted the majority of their house.

Whoever is behind this is going to have a mess to clean up, i'm going nuts! My neighbors will only mix so much mortar by hand, even though i've graciously given them a place to stay.

• Like 3

Damn, more bad news. Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop though!

I've already destroyed 4 surrounding my house, I've informed my neighbors that I intend to replace their houses with fields of wemp and potato.

I've processed all the neighborhood pets, and i've been working on some HFC. Pretty soon I intend to expand my house both outwards and upwards, I was thinking 11 stories.

I got in a dispute with a neighbor over a guard tower, I've drained their token and catapulted the majority of their house.

Whoever is behind this is going to have a mess to clean up, i'm going nuts! My neighbors will only mix so much mortar by hand, even though i've graciously given them a place to stay.

Too funny lol. That's still not as crazy as the other guy who ran outside naked after "dieing to a troll (bearded fat man)" screaming for Fo to smite thy demon amongst the street. Then turned around after stand in the street for a minute "praying to his altar (Toilet paper stand) and meditating on his meditation rug for another 2 minutes (bathroom rug) claiming that that spot was perfect for the path of insanity because it was a special place on concrete. Oh my, I think this downtime is seriously effecting people now haha should see youtube xP flooded with people in similar ideas as that one.

• Like 1

Should take quarters and in sharpy write "1s" on them and give that to your neighbors as payment for helping. Tell them after they get 10s, they can ride horses and drive large carts!

• Like 1

Well we got the server status back I think they might have unblocked the servers now we just have to wait for Rolf to wake up to flip the switches an start the server. But I could be totally wrong too, lol

Edited by Kegan

Well we got the server status back I think they might have unblocked the servers now we just have to wait for Rolf to wake up to flip the switches an start the server. But I could be totally wrong too, lol

it is almost 9am Sweden time. I am sure he has been up a few hours.

The irony of not being able to make mortar, i was mixing it IRL all day yesterday...

• Like 1

There is one player on Golden Valley, which is the only online server on the list... maybe Rolf testing? :D

• Like 1

<&Rolf> we're being routed!

From IRC.

Quote from another thread. :)

• Like 1

Network error: <Connection refused: Connect>

still, gud morning to Rolf... ty for all your efforts, bed time here soon, hope things go well for you.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Rolf, you've handled this as best as anyone can in your situation. That being said, I'd like you to review your options after this situation smoothes over. There is always room for improvement, especially when a weakness is made apparent.

To quote some people commenting, Rolf... I also very much appreciate the recent change in development/status transparency. It means a lot to all of us who are a part of your community.

Rolf, you've handled this as best as anyone can in your situation. That being said, I'd like you to review your options after this situation smoothes over. There is always room for improvement, especially when a weakness is made apparent. (quote from Makarus the quote thingy didn't work properly!)

I don't think he has been sat on his hands twiddling his thumbs all weekend and I'm sure lots of options and ideas are already in his head, down on paper or even in the process. Who knows.

But Rolf, you are amazing, you have persisted to get the game up and running at a very dire time, sat through the anger and hate of players directed at you and still gone above and beyond to get the game up and running. Hats off to you just isn't enough. Of all the games i have played in my 27+ years of gaming you have been one of the most informative Devs i have come across.

Edited by BibiWaffles

I think I will just head to bed; and check back again in the morning. :) Keep up the good work Rolf.

aw man, 3rd day running now T_T havent been able to play literally all weekend...

Methinks a change of ISP is in order, perhaps to a company somewhat more professional, with a better response time to problems such as this...

it cant be that hard, dont think ive ever experienced downtime for such a prolonged period on any other mmo before bcus of a DDOS/flood before, surely the isp has multiple redundancy's in place to take care of these things?

Soe had there servers and all down for over 3 months after a hack went threw. Play station network and every mmo they have was down no one could play for over 3 months.