Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Independence Colosseum/UPDATE 4: BACK ON TRACK

need to scantify the ground with the corpses of a hundred unicorns.

Edited by FreeTineen

need to scantify the ground with the corpses of a hundred unicorns.

.....What?

it's not completed until it's been baptized in blood!

great work to the folks involved, can't wait to see this completed! :)

it's not completed until it's been baptized in blood!

great work to the folks involved, can't wait to see this completed! :)

Only folks that have been involved are myself, Joykill, and Wendigo. lol  Wendigo has donated about 2k mortar or more so far, and Joykill and myself have been building the colosseum itself.  Kinda odd that no one wishes to donate to the cause, but they seem to love the idea. lol 

Thank you for your support!  You'll have to find your way down when it's finished to check it out!

Not to be the Kilroy here, but I doubt it will see much, if any, use. Deli's hasn't gotten any (that I'm aware of) and have seen these things done so much, but never used. :(

Hopefully, your planning events for it? Otherwise I don't see it worth the effort, it does look good though :)

Yeah I've been brain storming on events to have at it.  First we need to finish it, then I need to think of prizes for the events, and then I need to get people to come TO THE EVENT. lol

Hopefully, your planning events for it? Otherwise I don't see it worth the effort, it does look good though :)

Well for us it's worth the effort, even if it's not used.

It's worth it because it's something we want to do, and have already started.

Can't just start it and never finish it, there is too much of that in wurm already.

We do appreciate everyone's support though. :P

You could host a huge opening fare.  Complete with impalongs and cooking and such. Think Festivals!!!

You could host a huge opening fare.  Complete with impalongs and cooking and such. Think Festivals!!!

Yeah maybe, we'll see how things go.  I've been thinking holding different types of fighting events of course, such as unarmed only, axes only, polearms only.  Things like that would be interesting because then the top "fighters" aren't necessarily the favorites, and it awards people who take the time to level specific weapon choices that others rarely use.

Sickle/scythe...

Oh yes I did. ^_^

We'd term that Miscellaneous only combat.

I can help with supplying bricks and mortar, even slabs. Whatever you need.

I appreciate that Akaryd.  Currently construction has been halted (not scrapped however) due to issues in our local area with a disagreeable neighbor.  Hopefully, however, the issue will be resolved shortly and we can continue as planned!  I'll keep you and the community updated on the progress of the situation and let you know when construction begins again!

While we await a resolution on our current local issues, we are still happy to collect any materials the community would like to donate to this project!  We'd appreciate your help greatly!

UPDATE 3:  ONGOING COMPLICATIONS

Sorry to say I haven't updated this in a while, but to be honest we haven't made any progress in the local disputes which have halted our construction.  Enki is currently looking into the matters at hand, and we're hoping soon to be able to continue on with the construction of this magnicifent project!  Thank you all for your views, comments and encouragement moving forward.

Edited by Slickshot

Someone thinks the colosseum will block his/her view of the water? :P I'll haul Kikriana down there one of these days.  I can at least carry stuff around for ya lol

Someone thinks the colosseum will block his/her view of the water? :P I'll haul Kikriana down there one of these days.  I can at least carry stuff around for ya lol

It's more of an issue of having a disagreement with a neighbor and them acting unkindly towards the project (ongoing investigation).

UPDATE 4:  BACK ON TRACK

For the past 2-3 months our Colosseum project has been on hold due to a neighbor expanding his deed into part of our construction area in a way that limited the expansion of our project-site deed.  Shortly thereafter, said neighbor logged off for the last time apparently, and hasn't been back.  His deed crumbled last night under the weight of upkeep, and we've been able to expand our deed to encompass the entire project-site now.  REJOICE!

With all that being said and explained, we are finally back on track and able to continue the next 3 out of 4 buildings for the Colosseum.  As always your donations of bricks and mortar are welcomed and very much appreciated!

Resources are still currently being produced and stored for the continuation of the 3 remaining building sections of the Colosseum.

Edit:

Currently the bricks needed for the 2nd building of the colosseum have been finished and the mortar is being worked on.

Edited by Slickshot