Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Independence Colosseum/UPDATE 4: BACK ON TRACK

A while back I saw a post for Deliverance Stadium before construction began on the project.  Recently I've decided I want to build my own sort of stadium on Independence, with the help of my villagers from Storm's End, of course.  This Colosseum would be the grounds for spectated dueling and/or sparring.  I'm not entirely certain if there is already a stadium for dueling on Independence, but either way the project will begin shortly.

If you are interested in helping out with the resources needed to construct the Independence Colosseum (only the project name at the moment), please do let us know by replying to this thread.  Before we begin building, however, we need to decide on a design.  Currently we have three designs to choose from, and would appreciate your vote on the matter!

UPDATE:  We have decided to go ahead with the construction of the Colosseum using Design 3.  We would greatly appreciate the help of the community for gathering the resources necessary.

Stone Bricks:  8000

Mortar:  8040

Stone Slabs:  320

UPDATE:  We have decided, along with the poll, to build this Colosseum on a player-made island.  With that in mind if you'd like to donate dirt you are more than welcome!  Just message me for the specifics.

Those who choose to contribute will have a statue named after them placed either on the top of the Colosseum, or at the entrances depending on how much you choose to donate.  PM me here on the forums if you'd like to be a part of the construction.  Thank you!

Design 1

http://pastebin.com/unHGyk36

S74XjjD.jpg

Design 2

http://pastebin.com/VjAFk4jg

nvhFOr1.jpg

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

There is akhenaten... but more coloseum is nice if you plan some event on it someday :P .

• Like 2

I'm on Pristine, but I think 2 looks awesome.

Yeah both look great, but for some reason I like the idea of the battle grounds being a pit, instead of a fenced off area.

Another question for those who might know; how far away can you stand from a duel and still see the action event text?

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Third one. However with the middle section you are able to make it a 3x3 pit with mine entrances on opposing sides which would look cool. Two big steel mine doors or something on either end they walk out of.

• Like 1

While I agree that it would be interesting, it would make it a lot more work than necessary.

• Like 1

+1 to Akhenaton.  =)

Thanks for your input!

As of now it looks like Design 3 is settling the best with the design team and villagers of the deed hosting construction, however keep voting and giving us your positive feedback and ideas!

Also, when construction begins, if you so choose to contribute any materials to this project, we would greatly appreciate it!  Let me know if you'd like to help out.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

I'm lending moral support, which works a lot better from a server away then materials ;)

But in all honesty it looks like a noble project, and I can't wait to see it completed.

• Like 2

I'm lending moral support, which works a lot better from a server away then materials ;)

But in all honesty it looks like a noble project, and I can't wait to see it completed.

Thank you sir!  I wasn't aware you had moved to another server.

*As a side note to a previous post, some modifications have been made to the contribution rewards.*

As you all can tell, the Colosseum is made up of 4 individual buildings, connected by gates; thus being said there are two more ways to earn a "reward" for your donations.

1. An individual who donates a large set amount of resources will have 1 of the 4 buildings named after themselves.

2. A village with multiple citizens donating the large set of resources will have 1 of the 4 buildings named after their village.

• Since there are only 4 buildings, these two opportunities apply to the first 4 individuals, or first 4 villages to contribute the set amount.  These two opportunities can be mixed. (example:  3 different individuals donate the resources required for reward, and 1 village also donates the required amount)

• A single player or single village can only be awarded with 1 building to be named after them.

The amount of resources required for the award mentioned has yet to be set, but will be updated soon.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Any donations players wish to make, but cannot deliver for whatever reasons; please let me know via forums or an in game message. I will work with you to set up a time I can come and pick them up.

Thank you for your support. ^_^

Thank you sir!  I wasn't aware you had moved to another server.

Dang it, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. So I have not moved to Chaos permanently, I am on what you could call leave for a while, but long enough for me to have changed my location and shop station. I'll be back home to Independence don't worry.

Guess I will have to make some edits ;)

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 1

I will see about making some mortar to donate. :) Looks like a great project, Do you plan on making it an island?

I will see about making some mortar to donate. :) Looks like a great project, Do you plan on making it an island?

So far yes.  We found a place inland for it and a place to create an island, however we like the island idea.  It'll take a lot of dirt just to create the island, but in the end it'll make the Colosseum project that much larger and more awesome when finished.

To update this project, we finished a flat area to build the Colosseum.  Unfortunately we had to scrap the island location due to the fact that northern Crystal Lake is composed of crappy marsh tiles.  The flat we designed, however, is quite close to the shoreline and at the moment we are collecting resources to begin construction.  So far we have about 3k bricks and 3k mortar, out of the 8k of each that we need.  If anyone would like to donate please feel free to comment here, drop me a message, or try to contact me in game!

can we get a map picture of where this is exactly? or at least map coords?  I woudl like to come by and see it, maybe even bring some materials as i get time... 

43x33y is the location.

The red square on this map indicates the flat for the Colosseum.  We haven't started building yet, but we did create this flat and fenced it off for the coming construction.

68BreqD.png

UPDATE 1:  LOCATION

This is the flat area we terraformed and fenced off for the Colosseum; it is located right next to a highway.  As of yesterday construction began with the paving of the walkways around where the building will be.

EOBcUx2.jpg

Did you see it while you were in my neighborhood earlier?

Started construction on one quarter of the overall building.