Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

[Lock] Remove Mail System

If the mail system was removed, there would be:

• More PvP, because people have to transport items through dangerous areas more often.
  • More delivery jobs for people to do for money.
  • Seperated local markets, so there are more niches to fill for each profession (for example, a blacksmith that lives at The Great Plains of Celebration wont be competing with a blacksmith at Pickle Isle on Independence.)

Discuss.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

already annoying enough that shovel wont mail and dredge does :L

-1 to slowing market

only +1 if we can sail 40km/h max and 10km/h minium :)

Edited by silakka
  • Like 1

Fix the current mail system to mail the stuff it currently cannot, if you can put it in the box, it mails.

Stop trying to bring the community closer together by forcing interaction, it never works the way people hope it does.

• Like 3

Imagine how much more PvP chaos and epic woud get from people delivering items.  I think this should at least be removed for these places.

I think if the mail boxes like most people think of adding sawmills, i.e. machinery that does work that could have been done by players for money.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Imagine how much more PvP chaos and epic woud get from people delivering items.  I think this should at least be removed for these places.

I think if the mail boxes like most people think of adding sawmills, i.e. machinery that does work that could have been done by players for money.

Imagine if people decided to PvP without finding more stupid gimmicks to try and force pvp, why not add the deathgrip power from Wow DK's to drag players from behind tall stone walls why we're at it?

I'd +1 removing mailboxes. 

Would increase the economy with the local niche market... don't want to travel 3 servers over for 90ql? Get your 70ql here!

• Like 1

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 10, 2013 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 10, 2013 - Cleanup

Imagine if people decided to PvP without finding more stupid gimmicks to try and force pvp, why not add the deathgrip power from Wow DK's to drag players from behind tall stone walls why we're at it?

If you don't want PvP, stick with Freedom.

I think it would be amazing if there was more pirating against people trying to trade with Chaos.

+1 from me mailboxes definately take away from local markets being able to work

Edited by fettuccinni

View hidden Post

If you don't want PvP, stick with Freedom.

I think it would be amazing if there was more pirating against people trying to trade with Chaos.

Dumb is dumb, calling me a carebear doesn't make your idea more clever.

View hidden Post

Dumb is dumb, calling me a carebear doesn't make your idea more clever.

Never called anyone a carebear. I'm just saying that I don't think trading with Chaos should be as easy as it is right now. It would be far more intersting if it became a dangerous but lucritive market for people that want to sell PvP gear.

View hidden Post

Or we can have our mail system and pvp when we feel like it and not take in such a stupid idea

View hidden Post

Never called anyone a carebear. I'm just saying that I don't think trading with Chaos should be as easy as it is right now. It would be far more intersting if it became a dangerous but lucritive market for people that want to sell PvP gear.

So for instance if I wanted to sell a rare plate set to a guy that lives in a 12 hour time difference from me I'd need to either set my alarm or take some time off work, some of these features aid those that have lives outside of Wurm.

By that you mean you think it would be far more interesting if everyone went to Deli to trade? lol

-100.  Mailboxes are awesome - and most of us do not play on PVP servers anyway.

So for instance if I wanted to sell a rare plate set to a guy that lives in a 12 hour time difference from me I'd need to either set my alarm or take some time off work, some of these features aid those that have lives outside of Wurm.

Yes.

Or you could hire a player to deliver it for you. You see, one reason I hate the mail system is that it takes up a niche that could be taken up by delivery people.

By that you mean you think it would be far more interesting if everyone went to Deli to trade? lol

-100.  Mailboxes are awesome - and most of us do not play on PVP servers anyway.

This would be great for PvP servers by adding reasons to go out into the danger, but it would also be good for freedom. No, its not like everyone would go to a central location to trade. Instead, people would buy gear from people that are closer to them, or they would hire people to deliver items to them from far away. This would add a whole new dynamic to the Freedom economy that would make it harder for people to monopolize one craft across all the servers.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

People would need to have alot of trust for someone starting a business like this.  Not something easily gained and wouldn't be something a new player would be able to do even if they could gain it.  Since they would need a big boat to do the deliveries.  I have a better suggestion.....Lets keep suggestions to only people that currently have premium.  I think that would weed out alot of the suggestions being currently made.

-1 to the OP

I already hate the mailing system in general. IMO the cost is too high for poor people like me to be sending stuff across servers. I mean 20c? geez. Especially since premium price has changed.

already annoying enough that shovel wont mail and dredge does :L

only +1 if we can sail 40km/h max and 10km/h minium :)

I find it annoying you can't send anything long in a mailbox.

+1 to the sailing faster. I can literally move faster on a horse than on a large boat, it's absurd!

I didn't know people bought PvP gear on Freedom. There are quite a lot of weapon and armorsmiths already on a PvP server to not need to buy from Freedom. The only things I would see being sold are probably arrows and other bulk goods, but no one is going to want to send those in the mail. :P

Edited by Kswords

View hidden Post

Just when I thought your ideas were getting better...

• Like 4

View hidden Post

Just when I thought your ideas were getting better...

If that ever happened I want a small boat that goes max 60km/h min of 30km/h and some sort of carrier pigeon.

• Like 2