Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Continued Downtime

We will of course reimburse your premium time for these days, don't worry.

Rolf

That is all you had to say. I will wait patiently! But I need my fix of playing wurm man. I look forward to when it comes back online :)

you are 

Jayman

and for what you need a second char rofl

i stay @ my things i say.

4 days nobody do something and all see come problems to us and for this i think that was not pro-like.

and some person take many problems now with deedupkeep and other important things.

and its my right to say this here!

so dont blame me like a kiddy!

No idea who Jayman is, not my forum char.  You want to stop being treated like a child, stop behaving as one.

Yes, we've all been aware of the problems the last few days, and it is unfortunate that it got this far, but I doubt there was much Rolf could do to stop it all once it started, as it involved not only his equipment but the equipment upstream from him too.  It's not like he was ignoring the problems.

We have all been inconvenienced, but in a GAME, so get over it, it really is not that important.  And as Rolf has already stated that time will be compensated, and the servers are in a frozen mode now so time is stopped there, I don't really see what point you are trying to make, Rolf has done all he can now.  It's up to the higher level providers to open up the route so we can get back in.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, could ingame time be halted also ? I mean, between when the server went offline until the time it is back. Otherwise i see alot decay and rotten fields happening and people not being happy about it.

If there is any option for that, I would be grateful. Thanks! :-)

The servers have been shut down, so Wurm-time is stopped.  Also, I hear that Rolf may have stated there will be a premium credit for the lost time.

• Like 3

you are 

Jayman

and for what you need a second char rofl

i stay @ my things i say.

4 days nobody do something and all see come problems to us and for this i think that was not pro-like.

and some person take many problems now with deedupkeep and other important things.

and its my right to say this here!

so dont blame me like a kiddy!

What? My character name is Jayman, I'm not an alt. I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not blaming you for anything, unless you perpetrated the DDOS attack. Perhaps you should wait until the servers are up and running, and then contact support for help? Somehow I doubt your disjointed rant here is going to solve your problems. Stand back, read what I posted, read what you posted, and see who's "blaming like a kiddy".

Thank you for all the hard work you have put intoday Rolf.  and for those that are still complaining keep inmind it wasnt Rolf that did this it was some selfish destructive jerk who was upset or simply wanted to see if they could.  Rolf cares and is trying to fix it the person that caused it could care less about you me or anyone other then them selfs.  Keep this in mind if you know any of your friends that think hacking is fun and beat them silly for their stupidity and selfishness.

We're not the same person, Vroomfondel, but it seems we share opinions and views. :)

The servers have been shut down, so Wurm-time is stopped.  Also, I hear that Rolf may have stated there will be a premium credit for the lost time.

Thank you for the Premium time reimbursement Rolf and thank you Seara for the good news that you folks have taken down the servers so that Wurm time has stopped.

Still, a roll back to the time that "loss of service" started would be a good idea so that when you do come back on line, folks who can not get on immediately will have a bit of a buffer zone as far as decay is concerned.

That way folks who were doing repairs when the LOS started have fair chance to resume before they lose their live stock and or horses.

Keep up the good work and best of luck.  Will be back on Monday.

Warmest regards! HughMongus

What about the Sleep bonus? :rolleyes:

And the beggars show up.  ;)

On another note, I am pleasantly surprised with the recent (past couple of months) overhaul in public relations Rolf. Thank you, speaking as someone who has seen more server crashes and downtime than I would care to admit, it is only recently that you have been prompt on apprising the community with the information we crave(both scheduled and non). So once again, a big thank you, and I hope everything gets worked out. I have some mining to do :P

• Like 4

Folks,

Everytime the servers have gone down, it's been:

1.  ppl griping about not wanting sleep bonus, but a better compensation,

2.  ppl griping about not getting any info from the ppl running the game,

3.  ppl griping about not knowing when it's gonna be back up, what caused it, and what they are doing about it.

Not only did they cater to all the usual complaints...  it was Rolf who personally who did it, not just an emissary of his.  I personally think this is very gracious and wonderful of him.

These things happen.

Most of the wurm community understands and appreciates everything your doing, Rolf.    Your always gonna have few complainers, just ignore them.

• Like 11

Could you not change the login server ip to one that isnt blocked like gv's ip? At that point you may be able to forward any traffic from the blocked address to the new one.

Edited by tgod

No idea who Jayman is, not my forum char.  You want to stop being treated like a child, stop behaving as one.

Yes, we've all been aware of the problems the last few days, and it is unfortunate that it got this far, but I doubt there was much Rolf could do to stop it all once it started, as it involved not only his equipment but the equipment upstream from him too.  It's not like he was ignoring the problems.

We have all been inconvenienced, but in a GAME, so get over it, it really is not that important.  And as Rolf has already stated that time will be compensated, and the servers are in a frozen mode now so time is stopped there, I don't really see what point you are trying to make, Rolf has done all he can now.  It's up to the higher level providers to open up the route so we can get back in.

He's saying he hopes Wurm upgrades the system so this doesn't happen again. If it's a Denial of Service attack, that's a different story. But Wurm is down WAY too much. It's a regular thing here, so they need to contract with a better hosting company, no matter what the cause is this time.

Well those are good and bad news. Seems we'll have to be patience. Let's hope this issue get solved to see Wurm working again soon. Thanx Rolf for the info :)

Edited by GonXavier

I'm sorry to hear that Rolf! You did an extraordinary job there!

I'm gonna try to find an alternate sandbox feel meanwhile... hmm, i wonder how haven and hearth have been doing in my absence.......

Thank you for keeping us updated. Horrible when stuff like this happen in games, hopefully it'll be sorted out soon. Guess I'll be playing GW2 for a bit :D

okay so i'm looking at 36hours of hollow zombiefied misery ...can someone PM me with suggestions for a similar game that i can play solidly for 36 hours to get some sort of a 'synthetic-fix' for this? something i can dump the momwnt we're up and running. cos "i pledge allegence to the Wurm"

ta

the M word comes to mind...

hmm, i wonder how haven and hearth have been doing in my absence.......

Haven and Hearth ? Where do I know that pairing from, and is it the same source you mean ? :huh:

If you would know what DDOS means, you wouldn't talk such nonsense...

That would be a "Distributed Denial Of Service" attack which is carried out by numerous machines at the same time with the aim of overloading the servers with traffic.  Usually the owners of said machines are unaware of what their computer is being used for, though this is not always the case.  I am quite aware that the source of such an attack (that is the human being who decides to enact it) is impossible (within normal means) to trace.

Sense of humour =/= ignorance ;)

Worth repeating this message - Wurm time is stopped.  Great news, thanks :) Been worried about my two hitched five speeders stuck on cobblestone as I could not get my cart onto grass before it all crashed. 

Good luck wurmdevs, ddosing game servers is like boxing vs blindfolded 5 year olds, easy and despicable. May the person who is doing it get diarrhea forevah and is forced to move his toilet seat in front of his or hers pc.

• Like 1

He's saying he hopes Wurm upgrades the system so this doesn't happen again. If it's a Denial of Service attack, that's a different story. But Wurm is down WAY too much. It's a regular thing here, so they need to contract with a better hosting company, no matter what the cause is this time.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuup

What world have we come to where game servers are being attacked ?!

My old account was deleted anyone els have this prob i try to log in but wont let me and when i try to creat account with same username it doesnt say it was taken