Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Continued Downtime

As described in previous posts here in City Hall, we have been the subject of a Denial Of Service Attack. We have taken measures in order to deal with new ones, but unfortunately the traffic overload affected other customers on the internet. Our login server is currently unavailable because they have stopped routing traffic to it.

I have asked our hosting company to contact the internet provider which blocked routing but I have not received an answer from them. Probably because they did not receive an answer either.

Even the largest companies in Sweden do not have people available 24/7 especially on weekends unless you have very expensive Service Level Agreements since expert labour is very costly here. I'll talk to the hosting company tomorrow and see what solution they offer.

We may have to wait until Monday for finding a solution. I'll keep you updated with what happens tomorrow.

We will of course reimburse your premium time for these days, don't worry.

Rolf

• Like 43

Rolf

Good enough for me, I have other games I can play anyway.(Earthbound and Guild Wars 2)

Technology.  I love it.

Well, hopefully it'll happen tommorrow.

Thanks for compensation.

- The Angus

Crikey we got it bad. Goodluck Rolf. Ill be working on my helmet tomorrow then :P

yay for reimbusement !

and knowing there's no point sitting here all night waiting on tenterhooks.

Thank you for informing us. I think your last words are so important for much of us: "We will of course reimburse your premium time for these days, don't worry."

You are da man. That's very kind of you.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

I think we all had a feeling we were at this point Rolf.  No worries, get yourself some sleep and we will all see how it goes tomorrow.

I've been able to make a kingdom called Mol-Rehan on warband atleast

I constantly get beat in foot battles because the other side has lots of cavalry :(

• Like 2

Monday is tomorrow for my timezone, but it's almost a day after tomorrow for Sweden timezone. I guess I'll be human this weekend..

okay so i'm looking at 36hours of hollow zombiefied misery ...can someone PM me with suggestions for a similar game that i can play solidly for 36 hours to get some sort of a 'synthetic-fix' for this? something i can dump the momwnt we're up and running. cos "i pledge allegence to the Wurm"

ta

thanks for the continuous updates, hope you get things sorted sooner rather then later but i understand the fact that even people working on the internet actually occasionally, eat, sleep, and have days off. hope you can have one again soon too ( which means wurm is running as intended :) )

• Like 1

Just a game guys. It's all going to be okay. Thanks Rolf for getting up early your time, and being up late and responding to both of the crashes/lag spikes. For anyone that doesn't know, Rolf has been up very very late and early today. Surely stressful. Now go beat up the hosting company. 

In the mean time.... I am off to play league of legends. 

• Like 2

That sucks. Guess it lets me bake more cookies tomorrow though!

• Like 1

okay so i'm looking at 36hours of hollow zombiefied misery ...can someone PM me with suggestions for a similar game that i can play solidly for 36 hours to get some sort of a 'synthetic-fix' for this? something i can dump the momwnt we're up and running. cos "i pledge allegence to the Wurm"

ta

I heard A Tale In the Desert was similar to Wurm, but no-one who has played Wurm would switch to that game permanently. Unfortunately I can't speak with any personal experience of the game, though I may end up checking it out myself this weekend.

• Like 1

I played my first three hours of the game before it went down.

Why must I be tortured with such a juicy taste in my mouth.

• Like 1