Sign in to follow this  
michaelfurst

In Game Auction House

They should make a in game auction house , to where we can sell items and animals for copper/silver etc. 

Then you could charge a 5 or 10% tax to the sellers, forcing people to buy silver and even some to buy silver in larger amounts.

It would also provide to be useful for new people,  causing them to stay around longer .

lets face t he facts most of the people that quit the game is just because 1.way to much of a grind\grinded so long Burt self out.  2. become a hermit  build a fort and lost sanity 3. . Built a house&catapult now what.  I know of a lot of people  that work a lot and are limited on there time so wouldn't be able to play the game and enjoy it due to the long grind (example: I don't want to spend 12 hours digging clay for my guard tower when  could spend a silver and for someone els to do it

or time being able to spend a little money on the Game currency .

So why build a in game auction house

1. 5-10% tax causing more people to start buying silver

2. It would keep more newcomers here for the long haul

3.  It would make the game less of a headache than using forms

4. More people would be buying silver and at larger amounts

5. You could make it a members only service

6. People wont have to struggle to get a small distance in return they could buy silver off you to pay Paul to gather 500 clay for example.

7. Instead of giving players the Hassel to constantly hope what they want ends up on the forms they buy the item then then go get it or wait for it to be delivered.

8. Just because everyone benefit from it the players and people on the payroll of wurm online.

Ideas:

Instead of just placing it somewhere keep it away from everything els . Maby make some sort of teleport thing just for there but afterwards you can only teleport back where you started . Also when in the auction area there no exits except to teleport back. (Or) another idea maby we could make some weird Viking horn and use it to call a NPC merchant ship from the water and pay the like 5 iron  to take my charcter to the auction house.    runic_horn_4.jpg

• Like 1

you could do that on the forum already i dont see the point of doing it in-game there are many other things the devs need to work on that is more important than a in-game auction house.

• Like 1

I dont like the idea of an auction house. Players should have to travel great distances to trade goods. If you take the travel and danger out then you ruin the game.

I don't like the idea of teleporting to trade. The mail system should be removed imo, because I think time traveling should be an important factor.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I don't think an auction house would fit in with the wurm economy. On the other hand you could perhaps have a similar like system with a 'noticeboard'. Essentially just a board for people to browse, which has player advertisements for tools/merchants on the server you are on. Would still be down to the player to arrange the trade etc.

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

-1 In game auction house's ruin the whole Merchant Vendor community...  by create a one stop shop where everyone can undercut each other all day long!!!!

definate big -100 on that suggestion!!!

PLEASE No Auction House.

I've played plenty of mmorpgs and these things ruin the market catastrophically.

I like the idea of a market in the dark.  People won't be undercut to the point of barely making any profit.

Look what it did to East Commonlands when Luclin came out.

+1 

I think, at some point, it would be advantageous for the game to offer an in-game auction house. Tbh, the AH is what made me love the other Mmos when they first came out. Buy/sell orders all in one place. We could all come together as a group and have to pitch in to build some extravagant building in order for auctioneers to arrive (not to mention that it would cost a considerable amount to do so and only 1-5 would be placeable per server (or something like that). Then, people would still have to transport goods, etc. to get them to the auction house, and perhaps even pay a storage fee for goods that go unsold (this would prevent market saturation). 

I think it's a great idea. 

• Like 1

Well i think it would be a great idea, guess the only people that wouldnt like it, are the main bulk sellers on the auction forms. Look at eve online. in a way its like wurmonline players make everything .. Its main back bone of the game, its a market which is just like a auction, there is always 100,000 people on at all times and the game has been  for over 10 years now . Also there are people that set  around trading in the auctions . There are thoes people in eveygame that has a auction system, because its just what the like to do. Think about it you took auction system out of wow what percent of users would they loose.  Or if eve online did the same thing . Buy adding It would benifit eveyone in some way or another even by adding new content to the game.

Well i think it would be a great idea, guess the only people that wouldnt like it, are the main bulk sellers on the auction forms. Look at eve online. in a way its like wurmonline players make everything .. Its main back bone of the game, its a market which is just like a auction, there is always 100,000 people on at all times and the game has been  for over 10 years now . Also there are people that set  around trading in the auctions . There are thoes people in eveygame that has a auction system, because its just what the like to do. Think about it you took auction system out of wow what percent of users would they loose.  Or if eve online did the same thing . Buy adding It would benifit eveyone in some way or another even by adding new content to the game.

I'm no bulk seller and I think it is a bad idea to add to the game. We have a forums Auction page that works beautifully, you don't need to fix what is not broken.

In addition, if you don't feel like digging the small amount of Clay for a Guard Tower, which takes a very short time even for a starter character, then maybe Wurm is not for you. Wurm is different then other games, it is a small niche game, so making in more in line with big name games is just a big no in general from most people, including me.

I'm no bulk seller and I think it is a bad idea to add to the game. We have a forums Auction page that works beautifully, you don't need to fix what is not broken.

In addition, if you don't feel like digging the small amount of Clay for a Guard Tower, which takes a very short time even for a starter character, then maybe Wurm is not for you. Wurm is different then other games, it is a small niche game, so making in more in line with big name games is just a big no in general from most people, including me.

Having an AH wouldn't be "making in more in line with big name games." As a matter-of-fact, it would add realism to the game. Do we not have auction houses in real life? Have they not held auctions since forever ago?

Still +1 

I would hate to see an auction house in Wurm.  The trade system we have is one of Wurm's charms and one the things that sets it apart from other games.  The current system promotes community.  There is personal interaction, in most cases, when buying or selling even if it's just communication on the forum.  To turn it into a completely impersonal game mechanic would take away one of Wurm's defining features, imo.

+1 to having community events where players can auction things.

-1 to teleports for trading. (I would like the mail system to be removed, or be made more expensive so people would be more willing to travel to buy things or hire someone to deliver.)

-1 to taxes on traded goods.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

+1 for a community notice board that alerts you what merchant sells what, and where. (So you can sail over and buy it your damn self.)

-1 for an auction house.

-1 for teleporting.

• Like 1

Sorry, but the game is too spread out and travel takes too long for most players to be part of this "economy" all of you against an auction house seem to like. So you think its a good idea to have to browse the forums, wander all over your sever looking at merchants to find the item you want? Come on.

I am all for an AH, it would open up the market to everyone, buyers and sellers, to connect to everyone on all the connected servers. It wouldn't ruin immersion, but instead, increase trade.

-1 I like to waste hours on end looking for crap to buy.

JK. Trade needs reforming massively. I'm not really sure the best way to go in that regard. the Forums are an epic failure that keep people interacting outside the game instead of within.

I don't know about teleportation, I'd rather see more freight friendly systems that people can access and use, but also interact with IE: I'd like to see people working to deliver other peoples goods "postman/freight company" or something like that. But it will only happen if Wurm builds the systems to support it better.

I also like this idea alot.

+1 for a community notice board that alerts you what merchant sells what, and where.

Edited by AlexLong

I don't, you can waste hours travailing to markets only to find a bunch of scammers with everything overpriced. I'd prefer to at least know before I go Rather than have my time wasted by these people.

I like the idea of a market in the dark.  People won't be undercut to the point of barely making any profit.

Edited by AlexLong

I think an auction house in game would be interesting; instead of making an actual auction house like you suggested, just have an npc that gives you basic access to the forums in game, You would be able to access the market place, and post with your wurm account; maybe link wurm accounts to a forum account.

• Like 1

Simply turn all Traders into Auctioneers as well. Should be global, not limited to a server, that wouldn't make sense? Why would you want to limit your market? With only a  hundred or so on at a time per server, your trade options will be limited.

What is the benefit to the current system? It may be "realistic", but remember the play time and how limited it is for most people, especially those of us with jobs and lives. Spending hours on end just in travel is bad enough, doing it to find an item is even worse.

Once purchased through the AH, simply have it take time according to where it was sold from to arrive. At least then we can do other things while the invisible merchants deliver the goods.

Edited by Meridius

Auction houses have ruined most games that attempt them aside from HUGE MMO's.

The only people that would make money at the end of the day are the people that play the auction house, the controllers will get lots of gold, while everyone else gets the scraps.

Beside that, I don't like auction houses. I don't interact with the person, don't earn reputation, ect. (Even if my names on the list)

I won't quit over it, like everyone that hates a idea says, but I can tell you I definitely would lose faith in what I thought was a good direction for the game. -1